• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Admit it, we are overrated

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OC has abandoned our running game. We have no real dynamite RB with size or explosiveness. Our QB has no faith in some of these young WR's (at least to pull the trigger downfield) and when they do run the right route, I see drops. Our Defense is puzzling... Same unit as last year, but +Ogletree and McDonald who have looked good for rookies, but no Jo Lonn? So weakness at FS and SLB are the issues?

Look, we have played 3 pretty good offenses and our offense can seem to score in the 1st half. Bad recipe for any defense.

So did we over-achieve last year? Maybe.. Are we really this bad? I would like to say no, just young and hopefully coming together. Looks like struggles are going to be common early, so we could come together later in the season for sure. The question is when? And how long can we wait?

But if I hear one more time that WE are throwing too many shorts dinks and dunks, I'm going to laugh. #8 is throwing the ball people. He didn't have alot of time last week, but the weeks before he is the one pulling the trigger and there are options on every play. It's his decision where he throws it. Has our OC been good? No I think abandoning the run and is just a joke. But can our O-line run block? LOL And can we run the hurry up (Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Baylor, A&M offense) in the NFL without getting Bradford killed?

It's going to be a long year against good opponents people. And I highly doubt we finish 8-8, even 6-10 may look good at this point.

San Fran is coming to town and did not beat us last year. Look for that to balance out this week if we continue to not run the ball.

I wish we could try to find a RB with size and quickness. I mentioned Mikel Leshoure last week, but no idea what he has in the tank. Sadly, it would be great right now to have Kyle Long and Ogletree from the draft last year, along with a Eddie Lacy, Christine Michael, or Jonathan Franklin (4th round) - all would have beem nice. Kind of wish we would have not slobbered all over Tavon's combine and workouts, to just keep it simple and find an O-line guy and a RB, along with Ogletree. But that's how it goes.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, he abandoned the running game yesterday because he did not have a healthy RB he could trust. When D Rich is healthy, the balance will be there and we look more like the team from weeks 1 and 2 and less like the team that got manhandled by Dallas.
I am not worrying yet. We may be catching SF at a good time on the short week. But it all hinges on D Rich. If he is 100%, this is a winnable game. If we look like Sunday, SF gets healthy on us.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU, we have ok RBs. But is our O-line even ok at run blocking? And if they are, will our OC even call run plays to mix in with all of this passing?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is overrated
Our offense is too young to rate

Outside of the Rams bubble, none of our players are really all that feared except our DEs

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not freaking out yet and I wont fall into the trap of getting my underwear in a twist because it's a long season and I refuse to overreact.

Yesterday was a weird day of football not just for the Rams.
Fisher isn't afraid to bench people or fire them for that matter. I'd say if Walton doesn't have a better game calling defense he'll be gone before bye week.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not have ok RBs. Cunningham is #2 on our depth chart and started in Richardson's absence. If we were to cut him I doubt he'd be claimed off waivers. Pead was #3 and Stacy was a healthy but inactive #4. Our OL is poor at run-blocking. I don't blame the OC for not running the ball. I blame the HC & GM for putting us in that situation.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the same thing FF... we do NOT have ok RB's even when D Rich is healthy, which he was not yesterday. I am still of the opinion that if all it took to get Trent Richardson was 1 first rounder, I am ALL OVER the Browns trying to make that happen. But, can't look back, can only look forward... let's get the Whiners Thursday night

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is overrated
Our offense is too young to rate

so our D is overrated, even though they faced 3 talented offenses... while our O scores 13 points in the 1st half of 3 games.

Seems a little biased. how much has the D been on the field versus the offense in the 1st half of these 3 games?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think we have average Rb's. Pead and Richardson have a burst, but no size. Stacy has size, but does he have the burst? Cunningham may be the only RB that has a little of both.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so our D is overrated, even though they faced 3 talented offenses... while our O scores 13 points in the 1st half of 3 games.

Seems a little biased. how much has the D been on the field versus the offense in the 1st half of these 3 games?

I think I'm more disappointed in these so called vets who have done little to turnover the ball so the younger offensive can get more tries. Heaven forbidden we can't be like Chicago and get some takeaways

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm more disappointed in these so called vets who have done little to turnover the ball so the younger offensive can get more tries. Heaven forbidden we can't be like Chicago and get some takeaways

How much pressure can you generate giving the WRs a ten yard cushion?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're preaching to the choir here. Our offense is a bigger problem but I sort of expected them to have some growing pains. I think they can, should and will play better.

Laurinaitis and Finnegan are supposed to be good, known commodities. I don't see it at all. We live in the nickel so Im not going to blame the dline much but we need more TJ McDonalds back there. When was our last coverage sack? :scratch:

The offense does have to get much better but its hard to just throw young guys together and get consistency. Hopefully there will be more cohesion as the year goes along

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all want a fresh, reality-based prospective on the Rams? Read the story posted by jacobarch in his thread entitled "Rams town in chaos". We have a lot of problems and I believe both the OC and the DC are in over their heads.

Also, passing on great players in the draft for good ones is beginning to cost us again. We are simply getting overwhelmed on a number of levels and unless Fisher gets a handle on some of these things, the Whiners are going to come into town and kick are ass.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be considered overrated when most people, Rams fans included, picked the team to finish 3rd in the division with any where from 7-9 wins. I don't remember anybody making "the Rams will win the Super Bowl" predictions.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that being said, if they finish worse than 7-9 then they would be overrated.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon people.... Let me hear the excuses now. Bradford is NOT the guy. He's got no leadership at all and if anything the guy is LOST. San Fran came to our place. #8 sucked and had nothing versus a good defense missing key guys.

This team has no life. No talking after plays/3 and outs, nothing. Samantha nothing but an average QB against decent defenses. Against good ones, he's awful.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one overating the RAM are the fans, Everyone else hit the bullseye with the RAMS as they are not a good team.

Say goodbye to PrimeTime for another 10 years, as that performance last night sealed the fate for the RAMS for years to come.

As an executive at a major network I wouldn't want to put that kind of playing for the entire USA to watch.

Embarrasing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to blame the OC... Comical. Isn't this supposed to be the year that Sam takes off? 2nd year with the same OC? Didn't Sam have a slightly above average year last year and we brought in talent at WR and help on the o-line? With the same OC as last year? :L

He's a scared little boy that can't make a decision fast enough.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon people.... Let me hear the excuses now. Bradford is NOT the guy. He's got no leadership at all and if anything the guy is LOST. San Fran came to our place. #8 sucked and had nothing versus a good defense missing key guys.

This team has no life. No talking after plays/3 and outs, nothing. Samantha nothing but an average QB against decent defenses. Against good ones, he's awful.

A) This thread wasn't really about Sam it was about the team being "overrated"

B) The Rams average 47.3 YPG rushing and allow 133.5 but it's all Sam's fault, LOL.

Not saying he doesn't need to play better but right now this team has bigger issues. They have a rookie LB who is talented but raw outplaying their 5 year MLB veteren. Their big play move up several spots to take him in the first round WR averages about 8 yards a catch. Their 2nd year receiver who made a habit of 50+ yard receptions isn't getting open deep. The pass coverage is terrible and they play way too far off the ball. The can't run the ball and the play calling is way too conservative. Not all of the short throws are checkdowns. Last but not least, once again the are one of the most penalized teams in the league. If they can get all that other stuff fixed and Sam is still playing poorly then rant on, LOL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to blame the OC... Comical. Isn't this supposed to be the year that Sam takes off? 2nd year with the same OC? Didn't Sam have a slightly above average year last year and we brought in talent at WR and help on the o-line? With the same OC as last year? :L

He's a scared little boy that can't make a decision fast enough.
We get it, you think Sam sucks, his WR would be all pros and his line stellar, if he could only play better. We would be able to run the ball so much better and our defense and ST would be the envy of the league if only he could only complete a pass for more than 3 yards. Everyone would know what a genius Shotty and Dalton are and we would be hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the year.

Geez Junkie, give it a rest.

This whole damn team sucks and you know it.

I tried to mention these challenges after our FA's were set and draft picks were in. I said our WR corp may struggle due to youth and inexperience, our OL was still unproven, our running game would be vastly challenged w/o Jackson and you just wanted to call those excuses for Sam.

Let's not let reality slap us in the face too hard.

Even some very good QB's struggle on bad teams. Just look at Big Ben, Eli, RGIII, Rivers, Rodgers, Ryan all with losing records right now and the first three I listed will need to be perfect for the next 3 weeks just to get back to .500 by Week 7!.

I don't know if Sam's the guy, none of us do.

We suck too bad and have sucked since he arrived to really tell and that's the truth. He is a pocket passer and we are suspect on the OL, can't block a lick for the run game and now our defense is teetering on regression. Our youth shows it ugly head in penalties and ST has put us in a hole so many times the Rams might need to change their name to the Coal Miner's.

Instead of bashing Sammy in nearly every post, hows about listing some options?

Can't pitch, don't bitch.

And don't tell us what you've already suggested in the draft from last year or the year before that, it all history now. Tell us who we draft 2014 at QB or trade for now to replace Sammy and what are you willing to give up in process of the trade?

In other words, what the fix bro? We all know the bitch, it's like a broken record. :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator: