• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Shaheen

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm patiently waiting for this guy to hit the field and show something, yet he's been MIA. Anyone hear anything on him. I know he's pretty raw so maybe he's still figuring it out but I expected to see him a little more than we have.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was wide open on Napolean Dynamite's first shitty INT, that he threw into triple coverage.

Elongated Napolean Dynamite needs to throw it to someone other than Cohen every now and then.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaheen wasn't expected to do much his rookie season. A lot of TE's take a year or two to really hit their stride. Being a raw D-II guy, he would certainly fall into that category. IMO

This time next year, if he still hasn't done anything. Yeah, I'll be concerned. However, as of now, I think this was expected.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaheen wasn't expected to do much his rookie season. A lot of TE's take a year or two to really hit their stride. Being a raw D-II guy, he would certainly fall into that category. IMO

This time next year, if he still hasn't done anything. Yeah, I'll be concerned. However, as of now, I think this was expected.

pfft, whatever, I want my 3rd string TE to flourish en sech. :rolleyes2:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article on the very question i had about Shaheen:

Adam Shaheen continues to have his growth stunted by the Bears

Adam Shaheen continues to have his growth stunted by the Bears

It is understandable that Shaheen is going to have some growing pains in his rookie season considering the level of talent he played against last season, but Chicago has not been willing to give him opportunities to prove himself.

In the Bears' Week 1 loss to the Atlanta Falcons, Shaheen appeared like a likely candidate to get onto the field late in the game when Chicago had a chance to score in the red zone. The wide receiver position had already been depleted by injuries and Shaheen's large frame could have created a mismatch near the goal line. Instead the Bears were unable to score and dropped to 0-1 on the season.

Putting Shaheen into games early and often would not have the Bears sitting at 2-0 at this point in the season, but considering Chicago used a second-round pick on him it would be wise not to stunt his growth so early in his career.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Shaheen will be ready when Trubisky is allowed to play. So far the producing picks of Pace are third and fourth rounders.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 TE's should be seeing significant playing time, even so much as being on the field together, as our receiving core is completely decimated.

No reason Shaheen shouldn't be on the field in the redzone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 TE's should be seeing significant playing time, even so much as being on the field together, as our receiving core is completely decimated.

No reason Shaheen shouldn't be on the field in the redzone.

Agreed. Unless he is really struggling to pick things up, Meredith and White being hurt should mean us running out all three of those guys quite a bit.

However, he really didn't seem to make an impression in pre-season, and we can't see him in practice... Perhaps he really just isn't getting it done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaheen played 9 plays last week.

There is just no excuse for him not being a focal point of the offense. Sims is a good blocker but makes a lot of drops, and rarely seems to get open.

Shaheen looked pretty good against Detroit.

He should be the starting TE right now, IMO. Shaheen>>Brown>>Sims

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaheen played 9 plays last week.

There is just no excuse for him not being a focal point of the offense. Sims is a good blocker but makes a lot of drops, and rarely seems to get open.

Shaheen looked pretty good against Detroit.

He should be the starting TE right now, IMO. Shaheen>>Brown>>Sims
LOL foxie started Sims. I can't wait until next year for a real coach.