• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACFN At LArge Thru Week 14

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN…8-4-1, currently 4th seed as the AFCN winner

Remaining games: @CLE, DEN, @ PIT

I don’t think that comment was a slip…I think Lewis is goading CLE into starting JM…either way, I think the Bengals win that game and lose to DEN & @ PIT…revised projection to 9-6-1…2nd 3rd in the DIV.

PIT…8-5, currently 5th seed ahead of BAL on DIV record tie breaker

Remaining games: @ATL, KC, CIN

I think the Saints game was the final straw and Tomlin has finally solved the roller coaster efforts and will close out the season winning 4 games in a row. I’m concerned about all 3 opponents, but because the Ravens are not likely to lose another game, the heat will continue to be on every week…revised projection…11-5, 1st in the AFCN and 3rd seed

BAL…8-5, currently 7th seed behind SD on the h-t-h tie breaker

Remaining games: JAX, @HOU, CLE

The Ravens looked to be dead in the water following the Ngata suspension, and they promptly go out and handle the Dolphins on their home field…actually quite easily…they dominated the trenches, and put Tannehill down a bunch. They don’t tend to play down to opponents and I think they will be favored in their final 3 games….revised projection 11-5 2nd in the AFCN and the 5th seed.

CLE…7-6, currently 12th seed behind BUF on the h-t-h tie breaker

Remainging games: CIN @CAR, @BAL

The Browns really hurt themselves last week. They are still struggling to get the OFC back on track with Hoyer at the helm the last few weeks. With the help of 2 DEF scores they were ahead late in the game vs IND and allowed the Colts to go 90 yds late in the 4th to take the lead with a TD leaving only a few seconds to mount a FG winning drive. There is uncertainty over who they want to start @ QB now, and that pretty much dooms any team imo. If they stick with Hoyer, or go with JM, revised projection, I think they lose all 3 to finish 7-9, 4th in the AFCN.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Definitely don't look the part anymore. Defense is playing soft and the offense can't seem to find any consistency. Loved the midget comment by Lewis lol.

PIT... As we have said, they own their destiny at this point. Tomlin looks like he has his team on the right path, but time will tell. Defense needs answers.

BAL... Tough bunch to predict. But they still look like a strong team. Easy schedule remains so they will only have themselves to blame if they don't make it into the playoffs.

CLE... They have the look of a team that is about to crumble. If they beat CIN this week then they'll be back in the thick of it. I don't expect them to be there in the end though. The Browns always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Definitely don't look the part anymore. Defense is playing soft and the offense can't seem to find any consistency. Loved the midget comment by Lewis lol.

PIT... As we have said, they own their destiny at this point. Tomlin looks like he has his team on the right path, but time will tell. Defense needs answers.

BAL... Tough bunch to predict. But they still look like a strong team. Easy schedule remains so they will only have themselves to blame if they don't make it into the playoffs.

CLE... They have the look of a team that is about to crumble. If they beat CIN this week then they'll be back in the thick of it. I don't expect them to be there in the end though. The Browns always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

We will know the answer to that this weekend.... again another under .500 team and all season long we have sucked ass against sub .500 teams. We play down to them and leave them in the game just long enough to get our asses handed to us!!! As for the last two games both teams are above .500 and we should do well against them.

For the last what 3 to 4 years its been this way, we can't beat shit teams. I mean give us the NFL great teams and we rip them new ones, but we cant beat shitty teams...SMH.
If we get in the playoffs and have to face the NFL's best... We got it going on... it's just getting to the playoffs that kill us.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know the answer to that this weekend.... again another under .500 team and all season long we have sucked ass against sub .500 teams. We play down to them and leave them in the game just long enough to get our asses handed to us!!! As for the last two games both teams are above .500 and we should do well against them.

For the last what 3 to 4 years its been this way, we can't beat shit teams. I mean give us the NFL great teams and we rip them new ones, but we cant beat shitty teams...SMH.
If we get in the playoffs and have to face the NFL's best... We got it going on... it's just getting to the playoffs that kill us.

Couldn't agree more... One of the more frustrating aspects of being a Steeler fan in this era. Constantly being abused by the Raiders especially. I still have nightmares of Gradkowski leading that 4th quarter comeback 2-3 years ago, not to mention watching Terrell Pryor scamper 93 yards. :L

Sub-.500 teams will forever be known as Tomlin's kryptonite. :bullshit:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed...this weekend will be the key...ATL is not a terrible team throughout...but they should not beat the Steelers this week.

Not totally the losing team syndrome though...Tomlin's teams have had trouble playing with any kind of cushion also...they seem to thrive when pushed to the brink...I think they take these last 3 games because BAL is doing the pushing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT... CLINCHED!!!! HELL YEA!!! Have a shot at #3 seed in week 17! Seems like they are pulling it all together at the right time.

CIN... A lot riding on tomorrow's game! If they lose, and lose in week 17 against PIT, they could miss the playoffs!!! Pretty crazy!

BAL... Ouch. That loss had to leave a mark. Not sure I would put much faith in that team anymore this season. Flacco had the worst half of football of his career, which really says something because he has had some really bad games in the past. They are going to win next week against CLE and keep their hopes alive, unless CIN beats DEN tomorrow.

CLE... They are continuing on their "Browns Tradition" by ending the season on yet another QB mess/controversy. Thought they had a decent chance this season, but they dropped off a cliff. Another long offseason for that organization.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT... CLINCHED!!!! HELL YEA!!! Have a shot at #3 seed in week 17! Seems like they are pulling it all together at the right time.

CIN... A lot riding on tomorrow's game! If they lose, and lose in week 17 against PIT, they could miss the playoffs!!! Pretty crazy!

BAL... Ouch. That loss had to leave a mark. Not sure I would put much faith in that team anymore this season. Flacco had the worst half of football of his career, which really says something because he has had some really bad games in the past. They are going to win next week against CLE and keep their hopes alive, unless CIN beats DEN tomorrow.

CLE... They are continuing on their "Browns Tradition" by ending the season on yet another QB mess/controversy. Thought they had a decent chance this season, but they dropped off a cliff. Another long offseason for that organization.

CIN...yep, DEN still has a shot at HFA if they win out & NE loses their last game so the Bengals will get their full attention tonight...I'm sticking with 9-6-1 for them and the 6 seed...travel to IND.

PIT...I still like the 11-5 projection here, and now a 3rd seed and host SD.

BAL...I really didn't see that coming @ HOU. Their DEF played well for a half and forced a lot of FGs...but Flacco was outplayed by Keenum...1st five drives all ended in punts before the picks started....they finish off with a win over CLE and that still might not be enough...I think 10-6 will be a lower win % than 9-6-1...plus CIN has the h-t-h tie breaker on BAL.

CLE...7-9 is the number...8-8 seemed feasible to me, but maybe 7 wins was their fate all along. Changing QBs when they did probably sealed it at 7....I will say...Manziel at least looked like an NFL backup before getting hurt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is cincy still #1 in the division when they have a tie .. I dont get it

That tie is computed kind of funky...like half a loss and half a win or something and it makes the win % better than a 10-5 record....in fact I think if they go 9-6-1 they will beat out BAL for the final if they go 10-6.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is cincy still #1 in the division when they have a tie .. I dont get it

Higher winning percentage.

.679 as opposed to .667.

But remember, they still have yet to play the Broncos - then have the short week to get ready for us in Pittsburgh.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I have to back up on that 9-6-1 trumping 10-6...I don't think that's accurate because they cannot lose out and still get in over the 6 loss teams.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thinking is right now is that we have 10 wins .. so that should trump 9.5 wins

That one less loss than we have gives them a HALF a game advantage on us!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats just stupid

I agree, but that's how it works....

There should be no ties in the NFL. let the dumbasses play at least two overtime periods....
If no one wins by then give both teams a loss

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't righly matter anyway....

Denver is going to beat them tonight and then they have to come to the Burgh

Fuck the Bungals!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya Misk....

I mean they say a tie counts niether as a win or a loss....

So then what the fuck was the point of playing the game????

:lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The damn Bungals look good tonight. If they beat Denver then it's going to be one hell of a Week 17 game.