• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Tourney

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really looked tired out. An offseason of conditioning will really benefit the freshmen.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well finish the season with a 2 point loss....par for the course.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't play well enough to beat Duke. We missed too many layups, close shots and had trouble rebounding the second half after abusing Duke on the boards in the first. However, I was proud the way we battled back at the end. Too bad we couldn't pull it off.

Good to see Robert Brown have a monster game towards the end.,

Sucks to have a bad season like this, but at least there's promise for next year. Any chance we play in the CBI?

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really nice to see Bobby Brown with a good game after struggling for a lot of the season.
Some more thoughts:
Doe Doe ended the season very well, that is really encouraging.
Cadarian made progress all year, I love his toughness and he has great footwork.
Hopefully Rankin and CJB can make some big strides over the offseason and Eddie can round out his game/work on defense too.

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys grow!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't play well enough to beat Duke. We missed too many layups, close shots and had trouble rebounding the second half after abusing Duke on the boards in the first. However, I was proud the way we battled back at the end. Too bad we couldn't pull it off.

Good to see Robert Brown have a monster game towards the end.,

Sucks to have a bad season like this, but at least there's promise for next year. Any chance we play in the CBI?

I think Weaver said we'd turn down CBI invites. I remember reading that somewhere. Honestly, I hope they don't play anymore. Use it as motivation.

The game was fairly disappointing. Duke was ultra ripe for the taking. Kelly was out and they shot the 3 very poorly. We had plenty of chances to take control and just blew it. Too many missed shots up close. Guys had position, but they rushed it and just kept throwing it in the general direction of the hoop rather than squaring up for a decent shot or just going up strong to draw contact. I also thought Greenberg shouldn't have protected Raines so much. Who the eff cares if he's in foul trouble? It's win or go home. We're all in at that point and Raines was showing some good moves against the Plumlees. Leave him in. If he fouls out, so be it.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the eff cares if he's in foul trouble? It's win or go home. We're all in at that point and Raines was showing some good moves against the Plumlees. Leave him in. If he fouls out, so be it.
I actually thought Raines was struggling a little bit. He didn't seem in his usual rhythm, but at least he drew contact and got to the line. However, he's worlds better than Barksdale at this point. Barksdale looks like he's playing scared right now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barksdale needs someone to teach him some low post moves. You can tell that in HS he was use to being the biggest kid around and getting his shot was easy. Now when he goes against guys bigger than him, he's not sure what to do. Some of his shots are very, very weak. Might wanna send him over to football team's weight training program as well.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1eIeP.gif

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is over. Team has a lot of promise. Where were all the Brown haters at tonight? I think Robert is our best freshman. A few bonehead plays, yes, but when you consider the whole package.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC tourney would be fun to watch if every team playing Duke or UNC didn't have to play against the refs too. The ending of that NC St. UNC game was shocking.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gracious ACC refs are terrible. They fucked NCSU over big time. God I hate Roy fuckin Williams. He acts so innocent to the media.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was possibly the worst officiating i have seen. Whenever the ball was down low they called a foul, and whenever someone went to the ground outside of the paint they called an offensive foul. Then they decided in the last 15 seconds that they arent gonna call anything...I thought it was evenly inconsistent until end though.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they decided in the last 15 seconds that they arent gonna call anything...I thought it was evenly inconsistent until end though.

The calls were "evenly inconsistent" is something you will never hear fans of any of the 10 other ACC schools say.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls were "evenly inconsistent" is something you will never hear fans of any of the 10 other ACC schools say.

The refs sucked. But, until the final 15 seconds, they didnt favor anybody. That game was poorly officiated no doubt about it, but they called everything a foul until the end.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys know about the prophecy? It warns that the world will end if UNC and/or Duke aren't allowed to play in the ACC Title game. The ACC refs are just protecting us from destruction.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys know about the prophecy? It warns that the world will end if UNC and/or Duke aren't allowed to play in the ACC Title game. The ACC refs are just protecting us from destruction.

:L How much of the game did you watch? Why in the world would our bigs have been in foul trouble if they wanted to make sure we played Duke in the championship? Pretty sure if the refs wanted us and Duke in the championship the games then Duke would have won and we would have won by more than two...If the conspiracy theories explain these things i would love to hear.