• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot:

dwight freeney who is pretty close to being a lock. oh and we have 7 NFL HoFs.......but that is not the entire story. two of the best players to wear an su uniform died young before they ever had the chance to play a down in the NFL. (davis & sidat-singh)

however there is one thing i will say.

a conference does not lose a charter school, aau flagship landgrant and come out stronger because of it. no ifs ands or buts about it.

ACC fans trying to downplay the loss of UMD is just as pathetic as b12 fans trying to downplay the loss of colorado & nebraska

WE? But you have made it oh so clear that you are a MICHIGAN football fan, and a SYRACUSE basketball fan. Quite convenient, you WOULD be a front running little P.O.S.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's JMO.....but SU's football history is 10X what Maryland's is. To start with SU has an NC.....7 NFL hall of fame players played their college football at SU. They are:

Floyd Little, Jim Brown ’57 (Cleveland Browns); center Jim Ringo ’53 (Green Bay Packers), tight end John Mackey ’63 (Baltimore Colts); wide receiver Art Monk ’80 (Washington Redskins); team owner and coach Al Davis ’50 (Oakland Raiders); and fullback Larry Csonka ’68 (Miami Dolphins). Little and Csonka, whose years as student-athletes at SU overlapped, appear to be the only members of the same college backfield elected to both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

And I'm willng to bet one day Marvin Harrison and McNabb will make it as well.

Would you like to put an alltime MD team up against an alltime SU team?

SU was and will always be better than Maryland in football. Like your statement of 1 football game doesn't mean much...neither does one decade. And you get that only becuase SU football was held back by a big east conference and the state of Virginia insisting on VT going to the ACC instead of SU.

And LaCrosse....you think SU's a little better? Really. Like football, SU's a lot better than Maryland.

Of the major sports, Baseball is the only thing Maryland does better than SU.

And did I mention SU sports makes money. Maryland versus SU.....The ACC wins big time with that deal. It's not even close.
jonvi, do a little research. MD has a NC also. A few years before SU won theirs.

So what if NFL HOFers played at SU. That just means they were great players. You can blame the Big East all you want, but the ACC wasn't any better.

Do you know lacrosse history?

How about soccer or women's basketball?

Your post comes off like a total homer.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, do a little research. MD has a NC also. A few years before SU won theirs.

So what if NFL HOFers played at SU. That just means they were great players. You can blame the Big East all you want, but the ACC wasn't any better.

football

all time wins:
syracuse 15th
maryland 39th

winning percentage:
syracuse .581
maryland .527

bowl wins:
syracuse 15
maryland 11

bowl winning %:
syracuse .620
maryland .460

NFL hall of famers
syracuse 7
maryland 2

consensus all americans
syracuse 42
maryland 11

heisman winners
syracuse 1
maryland 0

and are you seriously going to even try to compare UMD-SU in lax?????

SU has 11 nattys since UMDs last natty.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When we speak of great programs, IMO most folks are thinking major sports: Football, Basketball, Baseball, and maybe wrestling. Syracuse football was great in the 50's and 60's, went through the dark ages and now is excellent Syracuse basketball has always been great; certainly one of the top 5 over the past 30 years. Maryland, sorry to say has done none of that. The ACC got much stronger picking up Syracuse and the Big10.....what were they thinking????

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree that historically syracuse athletics > maryland athletics. I think that the acc is indeed weaker without UMD in the conference

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football

all time wins:
syracuse 15th
maryland 39th

winning percentage:
syracuse .581
maryland .527

bowl wins:
syracuse 15
maryland 11

bowl winning %:
syracuse .620
maryland .460

NFL hall of famers
syracuse 7
maryland 2

consensus all americans
syracuse 42
maryland 11

heisman winners
syracuse 1
maryland 0

and are you seriously going to even try to compare UMD-SU in lax?????

SU has 11 nattys since UMDs last natty.
Here's what it really comes down to.
SU - 25 bowls
MD - 25 bowls

National Championships
SU -1
MD - 1

Times ranked at the end of the year
SU - 21
MD - 18

Where is this Syracuse dominance coming from?

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree that historically syracuse athletics > maryland athletics. I think that the acc is indeed weaker without UMD in the conference
Really? MD has 39 national championships to 26 for SU. I could be slightly off on these numbers.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? MD has 39 national championships to 26 for SU. I could be slightly off on these numbers.

lets just count the sports that matter LOL

and you are a total douche for wanting to count only the stats that help maryland in the football debate.....totally moronic and exposes you as a true homer. all time wins & heisman winners don't count?????? really??????

#dumbass

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am a total homer. :yahoo:

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and you are a total douche for wanting to count only the stats that help maryland in the football debate.....totally moronic and exposes you as a true homer. all time wins & heisman winners don't count?????? really??????

#dumbass
Seriously, you're going to resort to name calling. I can see why those AZ fans don't like you.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a total homer. :yahoo:
I have a lot of homer in me also, jonvi. I'm not getting on Syracuse at all. I really wanted them in the ACC over VT. Thanks to the gov. of VA for not allowing that to happen. MD isn't a powerhouse in football, but it does have a better history than most people know about. Syracuse and MD have pretty similar histories.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of homer in me also, jonvi. I'm not getting on Syracuse at all. I really wanted them in the ACC over VT. Thanks to the gov. of VA for not allowing that to happen. MD isn't a powerhouse in football, but it does have a better history than most people know about. Syracuse and MD have pretty similar histories.

No issue man. :suds:

I'm stirring the pot and pumping up my boys. It's hard for a cuse fan to get some football love.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you're going to resort to name calling. I can see why those AZ fans don't like you.

sorry but i don't put up with stupidity. pulling the selective stats card is about as lame as it gets.

you wanna pump your chest over your competitive cheer national championships go right ahead.*

the very fact that UMD cut that sport despite winning 5 nattys since 2006 is a testament as to how little people care about that sport.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No issue man. :suds:

I'm stirring the pot and pumping up my boys. It's hard for a cuse fan to get some football love.
I know how you feel. It's going to be even harder going to the Big 10. I still have mixed feelings about the move. But, there's nothing that can be done now. Hopefully, SU fans won't have the same issues with the All Carolina Conference like MD had.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoa whoa whoa trevler, let's not limit this to Arizona fans. LITERALLY nobody likes him.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but i don't put up with stupidity. pulling the selective stats card is about as lame as it gets.

you wanna pump your chest over your competitive cheer national championships go right ahead.*

the very fact that UMD cut that sport despite winning 5 nattys since 2006 is a testament as to how little people care about that sport.

slapdick you pull selective stats more than I breath. POT, may I introduce you to KETTLE

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#dumbass

images

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa leads BC 20-5 @ 9:52 left in 1st half.