• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AH MY PLANS HAVE BEEN FOILED. Damn you, jonvi.

Good thing for me I have an extra 3 mil lying around, the check is in the mail already. Your address? No need, I'm sure it will find it's way to you

Yeah that tshirt guy posts too much. I wish I had as much free time as him. Ha ha.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UNC/Duke rival is one of the best in basketball. Even on a down year, that game will mean a lot to both schools.

Maryland....Other than wanting to send them on their way with a loss, Duke isn't going to care a thing about Maryland. The crowd might get to a 7....maybe. But it will be a 10 if SU is a one loss or better team when they come in on the 22nd.

There is much payback to be dealt. The way the media is drooling over the SU crowd at the dome, the crazies are going to be in rare form...if not down right evil.

I dunno. I read some comments by coach K that were pretty bitter to Maryland. And that Duke site seemed pretty pissed at Maryland going to the ACC. Seems like there is some real hate there

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I read some comments by coach K that were pretty bitter to Maryland. And that Duke site seemed pretty pissed at Maryland going to the ACC. Seems like there is some real hate there

I'm sure there is bad blood. There's bound to be so I won't ignore it.

I'm thinking SU will make Duke and the ACC forget all about Maryland. SU runs a financially sound athletic program and will provide a better product on the field in many sports.

Maryland's the nasty broken up shit with oldness. :sick:

SU's the new well dressed nice smellin goodness. :nod:

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take SU over Maryland any day, especially for football.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maryland was as much of an academic move as it gets. and with the way the acc was running things i felt that UMD was more than justified in leaving. They never had a true conference rival and no longer fit in with the conference academically.

coach K is classy as hell but it is unfair for him to hold a grudge against UMD

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UNC/Duke rival is one of the best in basketball. Even on a down year, that game will mean a lot to both schools.

Maryland....Other than wanting to send them on their way with a loss, Duke isn't going to care a thing about Maryland. The crowd might get to a 7....maybe. But it will be a 10 if SU is a one loss or better team when they come in on the 22nd.

There is much payback to be dealt. The way the media is drooling over the SU crowd at the dome, the crazies are going to be in rare form...if not down right evil.

Yeah. It is a good rivalry whether it is BB, football, baseball, etc. What sucks right now is that Duke is winning most of these games lately. :doh:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our student section sucks unless it's a big game. We don't get much of a home court advantage against teams like GT.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU runs a financially sound athletic program and will provide a better product on the field in many sports.
Which sports? Sure Syracuse is currently better in basketball, but I feel confident that the Terps will return to the level they were 5-10 years ago. Please don't say football. Sure, SU won the matchup this year, but one game doesn't make them a better program. SU is slightly better in men's lacrosse. Which other sports does SU have an advantage over MD?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which sports? Sure Syracuse is currently better in basketball, but I feel confident that the Terps will return to the level they were 5-10 years ago. Please don't say football. Sure, SU won the matchup this year, but one game doesn't make them a better program. SU is slightly better in men's lacrosse. Which other sports does SU have an advantage over MD?

Relax, dude. Syracuse is going to benefit from being an ACC team in football and the other sports as well. The ACC puts more players into the NFL than all other conferences except the SEC.

We just need better coaching in football. We've got the talent. End of story.

I would expect the Md. will get beat up in the B1G. But who really knows? Enjoy your new conference. We'll take Louisville and be more than satisfied.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU runs one of the best programs from a $$$ standpoint. why? cuz they can sell alcohol on-campus for literally every sport

UMD is in the b10 division that features psu, michigan, osu, msu, IU & rutgers. they will get crushed.

3 elite programs, 1 top 20 program, and 2 other programs that made a bowl last year. it is the new murders row of CFB

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we only score 45 pts and win. UGLY, just UGLY, but we're 6-3 in conference play. I'll take it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we only score 45 pts and win. UGLY, just UGLY, but we're 6-3 in conference play. I'll take it.

your defense is legit. probably not fun to watch, but a win is a win is a win and it don't matter how it happens

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, dude. Syracuse is going to benefit from being an ACC team in football and the other sports as well. The ACC puts more players into the NFL than all other conferences except the SEC.

We just need better coaching in football. We've got the talent. End of story.

I would expect the Md. will get beat up in the B1G. But who really knows? Enjoy your new conference. We'll take Louisville and be more than satisfied.
Who says I wasn't relaxed? I was asking an honest question about SU sports. Outside of football, basketball and lacrosse I don't know much about their athletic department. If I had to guess jovi doesn't know much about MD sports either.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU runs one of the best programs from a $$$ standpoint. why? cuz they can sell alcohol on-campus for literally every sport

UMD is in the b10 division that features psu, michigan, osu, msu, IU & rutgers. they will get crushed.

3 elite programs, 1 top 20 program, and 2 other programs that made a bowl last year. it is the new murders row of CFB
The Terps may get crushed in the B10. I do think if they land Damian Prince tomorrow and they stay relatively healthy next year, they can have some success in their first year. The Big10 isn't what it once was.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there is bad blood. There's bound to be so I won't ignore it.

I'm thinking SU will make Duke and the ACC forget all about Maryland. SU runs a financially sound athletic program and will provide a better product on the field in many sports.

Maryland's the nasty broken up shit with oldness. :sick:

SU's the new well dressed nice smellin goodness. :nod:

Maryland and Syracuse are in different stratospheres. When a school, no matter how mediocre they are, is an original founding father of your conference, and they bail, you're gonna let them have it that last chance you get. 10 out of 10 style. Gotta say good bye to someone who is trying to beat you every year in history of your conference properly

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Basketball Report:

On Tuesday, two interesting games:
Georgia Tech gets to visit Clemson, and it's a very big game for the Tigers who still have some NCAA hopes. A win here would keep Clemson in a tie for third.

More interesting is Maryland's final visit to Chapel Hill, at least as ACC members, and it's hard to imagine UNC inviting them back willingly after the Terps left the ACC with such deception and dishonesty.
Neither team has been playing to its potential but UNC has picked up considerably, and the crowd, we'd imagine, will have little tolerance for Terps. The Dean Dome doesn't come to life too often, but we expect it will Tuesday and might even provide a serious home court advantage.

Clemson VICTORY
UNC VICTORY

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Terps may get crushed in the B10. I do think if they land Damian Prince tomorrow and they stay relatively healthy next year, they can have some success in their first year. The Big10 isn't what it once was.

the division has 3 elite & 1 semi elite programs. they will get crushed. you simply can not compete with a division that loaded. I value your optimism but right now PSU & co are gearing up to put the regional stranglehold on the states of PA, MD & NJ recruiting wise. I keep hearing this joke on recruiting sites that the best way for a northeast recruit to get the attention of the major b10 schools they need to commit to rutgers. and i think that that has a lot of truth to it. These schools will be hellbent on marking those states as their territory and as a fan of SU they are notorious for flipping our commits/top prospects.

the b10 may be down. but psu, michigan & osu are in a class of programs that only texas/notre dame can truly match in terms of resources. They will always bounce back very quickly and always have first dibs on the best regional talent. the b12 saw this very scenario playout. the b12 south had 2 elite programs (ut/ou) and 1 semi elite (aggie). the result:

ou/texas accounted for 13/15 b12 south titles. the other 2 were claimed by aggie. the b10 east is going to be even tougher than that.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says I wasn't relaxed? I was asking an honest question about SU sports. Outside of football, basketball and lacrosse I don't know much about their athletic department. If I had to guess jovi doesn't know much about MD sports either.

It's JMO.....but SU's football history is 10X what Maryland's is. To start with SU has an NC.....7 NFL hall of fame players played their college football at SU. They are:

Floyd Little, Jim Brown ’57 (Cleveland Browns); center Jim Ringo ’53 (Green Bay Packers), tight end John Mackey ’63 (Baltimore Colts); wide receiver Art Monk ’80 (Washington Redskins); team owner and coach Al Davis ’50 (Oakland Raiders); and fullback Larry Csonka ’68 (Miami Dolphins). Little and Csonka, whose years as student-athletes at SU overlapped, appear to be the only members of the same college backfield elected to both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

And I'm willng to bet one day Marvin Harrison and McNabb will make it as well.

Would you like to put an alltime MD team up against an alltime SU team?

SU was and will always be better than Maryland in football. Like your statement of 1 football game doesn't mean much...neither does one decade. And you get that only becuase SU football was held back by a big east conference and the state of Virginia insisting on VT going to the ACC instead of SU.

And LaCrosse....you think SU's a little better? Really. Like football, SU's a lot better than Maryland.

Of the major sports, Baseball is the only thing Maryland does better than SU.

And did I mention SU sports makes money. Maryland versus SU.....The ACC wins big time with that deal. It's not even close.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's JMO.....but SU's football history is 10X what Maryland's is. To start with SU has an NC.....7 NFL hall of fame players played their college football at SU. They are:

Floyd Little, Jim Brown ’57 (Cleveland Browns); center Jim Ringo ’53 (Green Bay Packers), tight end John Mackey ’63 (Baltimore Colts); wide receiver Art Monk ’80 (Washington Redskins); team owner and coach Al Davis ’50 (Oakland Raiders); and fullback Larry Csonka ’68 (Miami Dolphins). Little and Csonka, whose years as student-athletes at SU overlapped, appear to be the only members of the same college backfield elected to both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

And I'm willng to bet one day Marvin Harrison and McNabb will make it as well.

Would you like to put an alltime MD team up against an alltime SU team?

SU was and will always be better than Maryland in football. Like your statement of 1 football game doesn't mean much...neither does one decade. And you get that only becuase SU football was held back by a big east conference and the state of Virginia insisting on VT going to the ACC instead of SU.

And LaCrosse....you think SU's a little better? Really. Like football, SU's a lot better than Maryland.

Of the major sports, Baseball is the only thing Maryland does better than SU.

And did I mention SU sports makes money. Maryland versus SU.....The ACC wins big time with that deal. It's not even close.

you forgot:

dwight freeney who is pretty close to being a lock. oh and we have 7 NFL HoFs.......but that is not the entire story. two of the best players to wear an su uniform died young before they ever had the chance to play a down in the NFL. (davis & sidat-singh)

however there is one thing i will say.

a conference does not lose a charter school, aau flagship landgrant and come out stronger because of it. no ifs ands or buts about it.

ACC fans trying to downplay the loss of UMD is just as pathetic as b12 fans trying to downplay the loss of colorado & nebraska