• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abdullah: How worried should we be?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is making a late push, and he's considering visiting. His coach has openly stated that he wishes auburn would have offered because he really wanted ameer to go there.

I'm getting really nervous, this has de-commit written all over it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read, the more uncertain I am... He claims his word is his bond, yet he agrees to visit UA after comitting? Come on now.

I won't apologize for feeling insecure about the reigning national champs making a late push for this kid.. Especially when his HS coach is publicly gushing about them. This whole thing stinks to high hell..

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Oregon are hot right now..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn just stole a longtime Texas commit. Top rated OL

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I hope Bo has done all he could... otherwise questions are going to start arising about his recruiting methods. If he can't close this thing out strong I will be severely disappointed. Losing recruits this late is a scarlet letter on your recruiting record.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about coaching than recruiting..

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that's much more concerning. As far as recruting... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.. We better hope they drink, because this class could end up being all for naught.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn is offering he's gone. He is a life long Auburn fan already said if he got an offer he would go.

As Ameer Abdullah?s stock rises, his love for Auburn stays firm (June 29, 2010)

One offer Abdullah is anxiously awaiting though is one from his favorite school, the Auburn Tigers. “I don’t have an offer yet, and they haven’t told one way or the other. I stay in touch with Coach Thigpen a lot. He likes me at defensive back over running back. They want to see me get more reps there, and if he likes what he sees, then it may work out with them,” said Abdullah.

Auburn isn’t a new found love for Abdullah, and to play at Auburn, he’d gladly play defense. “I get that question a lot about changing to the other side of the ball. I’ve been an Auburn fan for as long as I can remember. I love it, I come to all the home games, and it’s just my dream school. Defensive back or running back wouldn’t matter to me,” he added. Would an Auburn offer mean an immediate commitment? “I’d talk to my parents about it, but I’d pretty much have my mind made up. They sent me the stuff about the facility upgrades last week, and they just have a good deal going there. They’re making big strides in every aspect of the program.”

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class might be a house of cards... Epic fail if we lose CJ AND Abdullah.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit on that. Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. We're down to 16,

Jackson- might defect/possibly won't qualify

Abdullah- Dream school is auburn, he wants an offer from them.

Bubba- The majors will come calling

Davie- might not qualify

That's 12 commits barring any other unforeseen catastrophes. We need another DB, so if jackson defects we're totally fucked there. We need a DE or two. And the kicker we're after is already comitted to another school...

This could get ugly.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll likely get Bondi at Kicker

I'd guess CJ stays, but I'm a little worried.. if he sticks, he looks very likely to qualify

Sounds like Abdullah will sign

Bubba we already knew his situation

And I'm still unsure about Davie, and have no idea what's going on there.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit on that. Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. We're down to 16,

Jackson- might defect/possibly won't qualify

Abdullah- Dream school is auburn, he wants an offer from them.

Bubba- The majors will come calling

Davie- might not qualify

That's 12 commits barring any other unforeseen catastrophes. We need another DB, so if jackson defects we're totally fucked there. We need a DE or two. And the kicker we're after is already comitted to another school...

This could get ugly.

For what it's worth, I think even if all this doom and gloom was to happen, Bo will field a team next year and with all due respect, we have talent that can be developed. <-- With the right coaching!

With that being said, yes, it would be nice to get the players that we believe should sign from their verbals, but if not..... Well..... We will put the best we have in those positions and go forward....

It is what it is.... can't control what others do!

Just my opinion though....

Last edited by a moderator:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true, BRS. Without these 17-18 year old high schoolers, we will not be able to compete next year :eek:

FWIW I still think we're going to get a few good ones before this class is through.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true, BRS. Without these 17-18 year old high schoolers, we will not be able to compete next year :eek:

FWIW I still think we're going to get a few good ones before this class is through.

ahhh shit.... why did you have to go and tell everyone.... Now, who is going to tell Bo this....? :p

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me for looking past my own nose. I'm talking long term problems here.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me for looking past my own nose. I'm talking long term problems here.

I know what you are saying here brasky.... and like I said above, it would be great to get all those we feel should commit, but how do you control what a 17 year old will do?

Unless we use recruiting methods that would be suspect! :L