• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A thread that has nothing to do with the Warriors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KAT/Gobert fit defensively will be a big question mark, but can you really say they competed with Memphis? Losing in six after blowing leads in three of those games to me doesn’t really qualify.

They needed to try something else.

Yes they should have honestly won 5 of 6 games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWolves will be the biggest disappointment in the league this year.

Not if the Nets end up keeping KD & selfish/crazy guy and get bounced in the 1st round again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geography lesson: There are 50 states in the United States of America. Unless you thought this was the "California Basketball Association".

Demographic lesson: No one gives a shit about Indiana, Colorado or Ohio.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's in LA...Ohio is dead to him.
Not that it has anything to do with the argument at hand, but keep holding your hat on that one...

With that trainwreck of a FO LeBron is going to be out of choices soon. Your best hope is that the money will talk in that two-year extension offer, but not sure to what extent money is an object to LeBron these days now that he's become the NBA's first billionaire.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it has anything to do with the argument at hand, but keep holding your hat on that one...

With that trainwreck of a FO LeBron is going to be out of choices soon. Your best hope is that the money will talk in that two-year extension offer, but not sure to what extent money is an object to LeBron these days now that he's become the NBA's first billionaire.

That "trainwreck of an FO" has a more recent title than 27 other franchises.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see KAT and Gobert play together before I buy in.

On paper looks great. But, games aren't played on paper.
It took all these years to get KAT to even pretend he cared about defense. I think there is 9% he won't use Gobert as an excuse to ignore it forever,
Think about this…

What would it take to be able to call the Gobert trade a success for Minnesota given all they gave up?

Anything short of WCF is a failure.

And I just can’t imagine them being that good.

They were able to push Memphis last year because of their athleticism and switch ability.

They pretty much just dealt that away.
I am not worried about the players they gave up in the trade. Everything they gave up will be a future loss for the Wolves, not Immediate. Outside of Beverly it is nothing.

Nowell was better than Beasley all year, but Beasley got the minutes because of contract. That was an addition in my mind. Vanderbilt was awesome for the wolves, but adding Gobert meant he was going back to the bench as well. Love that dude, and if it was a different player Vanderbilt's loss would have been massive.

Balmoro and Kessler would not have played this year anyway.

The trade is not bad for this year, it is bad for when Kessler and Bolmaro progress into regular starters and 37 1st round picks go elsewhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took all these years to get KAT to even pretend he cared about defense. I think there is 9% he won't use Gobert as an excuse to ignore it forever,

I am not worried about the players they gave up in the trade. Everything they gave up will be a future loss for the Wolves, not Immediate. Outside of Beverly it is nothing.

Nowell was better than Beasley all year, but Beasley got the minutes because of contract. That was an addition in my mind. Vanderbilt was awesome for the wolves, but adding Gobert meant he was going back to the bench as well. Love that dude, and if it was a different player Vanderbilt's loss would have been massive.

Balmoro and Kessler would not have played this year anyway.

The trade is not bad for this year, it is bad for when Kessler and Bolmaro progress into regular starters and 37 1st round picks go elsewhere.

The players are mostly irrelevant.

They gave up 4 firsts for Rudy fricking Gobert.

And I doubt he even makes their team better.

When Minny tops out as a 6 seed and Utah has Minny’s high lotto picks for years to come, you will regret this trade.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are mostly irrelevant.

They gave up 4 firsts for Rudy fricking Gobert.

And I doubt he even makes their team better.

When Minny tops out as a 6 seed and Utah has Minny’s high lotto picks for years to come, you will regret this trade.
I don't need to wait to regret this trade. That was horrific by any metric. My comment was to your claim that they lost switch ability. They only lost one player that should have been in the rotation, so I disagreed with that aspect of it. In 2029 when Edwards has bailed Gobert is gone, and KAT has not improved his game the Wolves will be giving a top 3 pick to the Jazz. All of that so they could MAYBE miss the playing game this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to wait to regret this trade. That was horrific by any metric. My comment was to your claim that they lost switch ability. They only lost one player that should have been in the rotation, so I disagreed with that aspect of it. In 2029 when Edwards has bailed Gobert is gone, and KAT has not improved his game the Wolves will be giving a top 3 pick to the Jazz. All of that so they could MAYBE miss the playing game this year.

It isn’t the players they gave up that causes the switch ability loss.

It is playing KAT at 4.

You went from having one of the quickest teams in the league to one of the slowest by that adjustment alone. KAT going to be guarding mostly perimeter now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t the players they gave up that causes the switch ability loss.

It is playing KAT at 4.

You went from having one of the quickest teams in the league to one of the slowest by that adjustment alone. KAT going to be guarding mostly perimeter now.
I am not worried about that. KAT being terrible defensively at the 4 is less damaging than the layup line he allowed at the 5. He is negative on that end of the court no matter where he plays. Gobert will clean up his inadequacy better than Vanderbilt. It will be a net gain on defense. The defense will move from bottom 10 defense to around top 10 I think. The question I have is how much offense will they lose. I bet they lose more offensive efficiency than they gain in defense.