• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A-Rod to join Pete Rose club

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant' wait for this circus to begin! Should be interesting to see how this goes once it hits the appeals hearing begins!

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a lifetime ban would hold up in court. He'll be back in a few years.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a shame the only difference is that Arod was a cheater on the field

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not standing up for Arod but any player that took PEDs made them a cheater on the field

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, it only took them till he was 37 years old and over 200 mil in his pocket to claim they realize he's a juicer. When he might as well had a flashing billboard sign over his head "I'm on the juice" since H.S.

I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaay off here, but it's as if the league continued to let him juice to the gills as long as he was putting up all-star numbers on the Rangers, especially the Yankees, and generating all that revenue for MLB.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are looking favorably on the ban. Then they don't have to pay him.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you know Rose didn't gamble as a player? Because he said so?

And how do you know Pete Rose didn't alter his management approach to suit his bet? Because he said so?

What Rose did is exponentially worse than what any PED user did.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, it only took them till he was 37 years old and over 200 mil in his pocket to claim they realize he's a juicer. When he might as well had a flashing billboard sign over his head "I'm on the juice" since H.S.

I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaay off here, but it's as if the league continued to let him juice to the gills as long as he was putting up all-star numbers on the Rangers, especially the Yankees, and generating all that revenue for MLB.

Actually he admitted to using steroids in the early 2000's. It wasn't a matter of realizing, there were no punishments in place at the time. Just like there are juicers in every sport, but until writers or someone trying to make money off the situation creates a big enough stir to upset people that KNOW as well, nothing is done. I think people forget baseball has just implemented the punishment for usage recently. They have more advance testing going on than any other sport, whether you agree with how advance or how often, it is still more than other sports.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you know Rose didn't gamble as a player? Because he said so?

And how do you know Pete Rose didn't alter his management approach to suit his bet? Because he said so?

What Rose did is exponentially worse than what any PED user did.

Bullshit!

Pete Rose bet on his team to win. What, you think that Pete Rose only tried to win the games he bet on?

It's not like he was the Black Sox....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he admitted to using steroids in the early 2000's. It wasn't a matter of realizing, there were no punishments in place at the time. Just like there are juicers in every sport, but until writers or someone trying to make money off the situation creates a big enough stir to upset people that KNOW as well, nothing is done. I think people forget baseball has just implemented the punishment for usage recently. They have more advance testing going on than any other sport, whether you agree with how advance or how often, it is still more than other sports.

Well, that depends on whether or not you consider pro rasslin' a sport.

They been testing since the mid'90s after Vince McMahon went on trial for steroids in rasslin'.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that depends on whether or not you consider pro rasslin' a sport.

They been testing since the mid'90s after Vince McMahon went on trial for steroids in rasslin'.

I'm not sure what this means

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit!

Pete Rose bet on his team to win. What, you think that Pete Rose only tried to win the games he bet on?

How do you know what he did or didn't do? Because he's Charlie Hustle? Because he says so? The guy's a degenerate and a compulsive liar. If he says the sky is blue, I need to look up and check.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with the lifetime ban is it makes Pete Rose look bad to be in such company. :2cents:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit!

And we don't know if he bet on his team to lose...he signed away his eligibility so they'd end the investigation....which raises my question: if he had nothing else to hide, why'd he want the investigation ended ASAP (and sacrificed his MLB eligibility in the process)?

John Dowd in an interview a few years back said he was in the process of verifying leads that Rose bet against the Reds but didn't have time to verify/investigate further because Rose signed away his eligibility to end the investigation.

Also, this is interesting to note:
Dowd also told the Post that Rose did not bet on the Reds whenever two pitchers, including Mario Soto, started, which "sent a message through the gambling community that the Reds can't win" on those days.

ESPN.com: MLB - Dowd: Rose 'probably' bet against Reds while manager

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with the lifetime ban is it makes Pete Rose look bad to be in such company. :2cents:

Because someone who broke the most well known rule in baseball and lied about it is on such a higher level.

Way to hustle down the line Rose!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because someone who broke the most well known rule in baseball and lied about it is on such a higher level.

Way to hustle down the line Rose!

That is apparently the answer to a questions. Where's the question? :noidea:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we don't know if he bet on his team to lose...he signed away his eligibility so they'd end the investigation....which raises my question: if he had nothing else to hide, why'd he want the investigation ended ASAP (and sacrificed his MLB eligibility in the process)?

John Dowd in an interview a few years back said he was in the process of verifying leads that Rose bet against the Reds but didn't have time to verify/investigate further because Rose signed away his eligibility to end the investigation.

Also, this is interesting to note:
Dowd also told the Post that Rose did not bet on the Reds whenever two pitchers, including Mario Soto, started, which "sent a message through the gambling community that the Reds can't win" on those days.

ESPN.com: MLB - Dowd: Rose 'probably' bet against Reds while manager
Bingo! If Pete Rose says that he only bet on his team to win, I have to assume he's lying because that's his firmly established track record. That, and it doesn't matter either way. You're going to alter your approach to make sure that you get your win on the days you're betting. It doesn't matter if you're betting to win unless you bet to win every single day, which he clearly didn't. You're going to manage the team to prioritize winning on the days you're betting, and you're going to send clear signals to the bookies on the days you're not betting.