• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Rash of injuries will force the Nuggets into Firesale mode

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danilo Gallinari, JaVale McGee, and Nate Robinson all done for the year and questionable for training camp next year. Add that to losing Andre Iguodala, Corey Brewer, and letting GM Massai Ujiri walk without a fight the previous offseason, Denver will likely be better served by saving money and rebuilding.

For one, they need to make the most of their draft pick this summer, and seeing that Ty Lawson won't be 100 percent the rest of the way with a broken rib, it could very well be a top 10 pick.

Two of Denver's injured players, Gallinari and McGee, are each making at least $10 million annually. If I were the Nuggets, I'd look to package Kenneth Faried with one of them (more likely Gallinari since he's proven to be more productive when healthy) in exchange for a young prospect and/or cap relief.

With the exception of Lawson, Hickson, and Mozgov, this roster could look drastically different in the coming seasons. Don't be surprised if names such as Wilson Chandler or Randy Foye could be available for trade at next year's deadline.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks because it's making seem as if shaw is a bad coach which I don't believe.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks because it's making seem as if shaw is a bad coach which I don't believe.

Shaw is actually a very good coach. He came in and took control of a run-and-gun, undisciplined approach that was previously in place with Karl as coach.

But in the tough Western Conference, this injury-laden roster is without much hope these days. Time to tear it up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't these guys still fairly young? Not sure that tearing it up isn't the answer, but would they not be better served to at least wait until they see how they recover before moving them? At least then they may get more for them.

Agree about Shaw and it would suck if he ended up taking the fall for this.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't these guys still fairly young? Not sure that tearing it up isn't the answer, but would they not be better served to at least wait until they see how they recover before moving them? At least then they may get more for them.

Agree about Shaw and it would suck if he ended up taking the fall for this.

But what would be the point of another 35-win season next year in a tough Western Conference? Too many things have to go right next season for the Nuggets to contend. No guarantee Gallinari makes it back after two ACL surgeries, no guarantee Nate Robinson makes it back from an ACL injury, considering his game has always been built on athleticism. No telling how McGee will bounce back after his broken leg didn't heal properly and forced him into surgery.

If nothing else, the team needs to change things up and bring in some new vibes.

And gee trojan, I thought you claimed all my posts were insults...:noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. They'll probably luck out and win the lottery with the Knicks pick

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to everyone losing iguodala+ George Karl was going to hurt a lot and I was right !

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to everyone losing iguodala+ George Karl was going to hurt a lot and I was right !

Yeah losing Nate, Gallo, Javel, and Lawson had absolutely nothing to do with their struggles.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be nice, but isn't the Knicks' pick lottery protected this year?

I'm 70% sure its unprotected. The Nugs also owe a pick to the Magic via the Howard trade so they'll ship out whichever is lowest, likely their own since NYC is awful

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will pick at 8 spot

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what would be the point of another 35-win season next year in a tough Western Conference? Too many things have to go right next season for the Nuggets to contend. No guarantee Gallinari makes it back after two ACL surgeries, no guarantee Nate Robinson makes it back from an ACL injury, considering his game has always been built on athleticism. No telling how McGee will bounce back after his broken leg didn't heal properly and forced him into surgery.

If nothing else, the team needs to change things up and bring in some new vibes.

And gee trojan, I thought you claimed all my posts were insults...:noidea:

Good points about the ACL's. Especially with Nate. If he loses any of his quickness, he loses the one thing that keeps him in the league.

I never said all of your posts were insults. I said you resort to insults anytime someone disagrees with you. I didn't disagree with you, therefore, you didn't resort to insults in your reply. Let's see what happens when someone disagrees with you again.