• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A question on the Marchand hit...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he suspended? He seemed to hit the guy a little early, but the hit was low and didn't seem to break any rules that I know of. It was vicious, for sure, but what was cited for the reason for the suspension. Does anyone still have Shanny's explanation?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "clipped" him. :noidea:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I honestly don't think that could have possibly been explained any better. That was perfect.

old-school-the-movie-debate.png

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• fm.JPG
    fm.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 7

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he suspended? He seemed to hit the guy a little early, but the hit was low and didn't seem to break any rules that I know of. It was vicious, for sure, but what was cited for the reason for the suspension. Does anyone still have Shanny's explanation?

Clipping may not fit to this exact situation, but in any case, it was a fairly dangerous play when you take a guy's legs out only feet from the boards and the victim performs a somersault on his way down.

I have no problem with the suspension. Stand the guy up and hit him. Don't submarine his legs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I just watched the Rene' Bourque video and LOL at Bourque saying it was an "instinctive reflex"....:L

Rene Bourque is a pretty good hockey player, but he's not very bright. He also has motivational issues. I'm pleased he's no longer a member of the Calgary Flames.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sucks, but I would have to agree. Still love the kid. :nod:

He's fun to watch for sure. I hate his clown face but I am sure he is someone anyone would love to have on their team. He just needs to tone down his dirtyness.

Shanny even pointed out that the same exact play happened a few seconds ago where he just took a weak hit, chirps at Salo, then a few seconds late in a similar situation he ducks at the knees. The part that sold it for me was that he acted like he was going to play the puck and then didn't. That was the sure sign to me it was planned/malicious.

Shanny gets another right.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB's take on Marchand's all star snub...

Brad Marchand, Boston - His vote totals were clearly far too low, although for some reason Bruin fans and media insist on pretending they were just fine.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it was a nasty hit for sure, but I just don't see it as illegal. Perhaps the rule should be altered, but it is odd to suspend someone based on a rule that should be there but isn't.

Just my two cents....

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it was a nasty hit for sure, but I just don't see it as illegal. Perhaps the rule should be altered, but it is odd to suspend someone based on a rule that should be there but isn't.

Just my two cents....

Shanny does as he pleases. His decisions have no continuity.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my two cents....

I posted video clips showing "textbook" hip compared to the Marchand hit and they were identical. I guess the difference is most hip checks, the person delivering them are skating backwards and deliver the hit in a sidewards movement, where Marchand was skating forwards and bent down to deliver a low hit. I totally disagree with anyone saying he clipped Salo at the knees as the video clearly shows he hit him on the upper thigh/hip area. BOTH hits can be dangerous and cause injury. Hip checks are rarely throw these days and the receiving player is almost always unaware the hit is coming and take a nasty spill. Shanny has been inconsistent in the past in handing out suspensions. Some of the stuff he's let go and also suspended players for is ridiculous. Injury should NOT be a factor in whether or not a player is suspended or length of suspension.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted video clips showing "textbook" hip compared to the Marchand hit and they were identical. I guess the difference is most hip checks, the person delivering them are skating backwards and deliver the hit in a sidewards movement, where Marchand was skating forwards and bent down to deliver a low hit. I totally disagree with anyone saying he clipped Salo at the knees as the video clearly shows he hit him on the upper thigh/hip area. BOTH hits can be dangerous and cause injury. Hip checks are rarely throw these days and the receiving player is almost always unaware the hit is coming and take a nasty spill. Shanny has been inconsistent in the past in handing out suspensions. Some of the stuff he's let go and also suspended players for is ridiculous. Injury should NOT be a factor in whether or not a player is suspended or length of suspension.

Much better avatar...

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better avatar...

Well, I DO like all the bling in the other avatar, but it seems the trend is hot babes these days. It must be because the Hookies are just around the corner :think:

Now if you could just do something about YOUR avatar.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I DO like all the bling in the other avatar, but it seems the trend is hot babes these days. It must be because the Hookies are just around the corner :think:

Now if you could just do something about YOUR avatar.

LOL, it is time for a new one i guess...