• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Mac signs

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Mac is only 27 the way some fans talk he's 37....he has plenty of good years left in him and I honestly believe that he'll get better over time as most dmen take time to mature.

As long as he's not on the top pair he should be fine. He's a #4 or #5 on a good team. At least he's not having to play over 25 mintues per game anymore. At least I hope not for his sake. Sorry, but I think it's asking to much of him.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the signing of A-Mac was a good move. Is the price higher than some might expect? I don't know why. Think about what happens every year during the offseason. Whoever is the "top" player at his position in free agency gets paid the most...even if they might not be worth that kind of money...they are the best free agent so they get the money.

I also agree that you don't move Luke Schenn unless you are getting a serious instant return. He is too young and has too much upside if used correctly. With the right partner, a skater/gadfly type, he should be effective. When it comes time to move out someone I think Grossmann is the one on the short end of the stick. He has a lot of good tools, but he is older and has more dents in the armour. I could see, should Timmo retire, at least one Phantom on the blueline with Gus taking Timmo's PP minutes.