• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were desperate for a starter that can eat innings and Mike Leake told them to fuck off when he signed with the Cards.
Probably saw how shitty the 2016 FA class is as well. Moore is rather atrocious when it comes to jumping the market on pitchers. Much better when just looking at cheaper projects.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson offensively is worse than Orlando...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably saw how shitty the 2016 FA class is as well. Moore is rather atrocious when it comes to jumping the market on pitchers. Much better when just looking at cheaper projects.
I agree.. but to be honest.. there are several pitchers that will be available next year that are better than kennedy... for about the same money.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latos has a much higher ceiling and a much lower cost.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a vastly better defender and baserunner than Orlando. It more than evens out on the balance.
The Royals better hope so.. because they have offensive holes at 2nd Base and RF now... If Perez misses any time.. which I will put a huge sum of money that he does because of the miles he has logged the last 2 years... They are fucked at catcher too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get lucky with Colon or Infante finding the fountain of youth again, but I think the Royals just have to suck it up at 2B at this point unless something pretty surprising happens. Black hole.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are going into the season with a vastly shittier lineup than what they used to make their WS run... That alone is a head scratcher... its almost like they didn't even try to add any offense at all. Bringing back Gordon isn't going to do anything but keep them from having a hole there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get lucky with Colon or Infante finding the fountain of youth again, but I think the Royals just have to suck it up at 2B at this point unless something pretty surprising happens. Black hole.
Infante was in decline his last year with the Tigers... That is why they didn't even think about resigning him. He is 34... I doubt he will ever be useful again.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals don't have much of anything in the minors to use for trade bait or fill in at RF either... Injuries this year could be a quick death for them. No depth at catcher... No depth in the outfield... Very little depth in the infield...

Raul Mondesi and Joey Gallo are two players I don't understand how they get rated so highly as prospects.. they both have a tool that only matters if they can hit.. and neither can hit worth a shit... Mondesi's speed is meaningless when he can't draw a walk or keep from striking out all the time... and Gallo K's worse than steven moya... The Royals are fucked if they think Monedsi is going to magically figure out how to stop K'ing all the time... his k/bb rates in the minors are puke.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante was in decline his last year with the Tigers... That is why they didn't even think about resigning him. He is 34... I doubt he will ever be useful again.
Ended up making the mistake of trying to hard to replace shit with decent....

The irony is Colon still ended up being a better 2B than Infante. Nice shit sandwich we have here unless we attach a prospect to him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeriously.. Dixon Machado has a better chance of being an average MLBer than Raul Mondesi. At least Machado can draw a walk and lay off a pitch outside of the zone.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended up making the mistake of trying to hard to replace shit with decent....

The irony is Colon still ended up being a better 2B than Infante. Nice shit sandwich we have here unless we attach a prospect to him.
what prospect... KC has one of the shittiest farms in the mlb... they have nothing left at the top of the minors that is MLB ready... and every prospect they have that has any value has major question marks.. if not injury.. performance related. Mondesi can't get on base to save his life.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither can Alcides Escobar and he is a league average or better SS.
Look up Escobars minor league numbers and compare them to Mondesi's.. Mondesi has some real shit OBP and BA abilty... He is so over hyped its not even funny.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what prospect... KC has one of the shittiest farms in the mlb... they have nothing left at the top of the minors that is MLB ready... and every prospect they have that has any value has major question marks.. if not injury.. performance related. Mondesi can't get on base to save his life.
Just upside guys in the lower minors. Years away. A few low upside guys like Binford hang around but nobody with good reason is on their bandwagon. Zimmer and Mondesi are very interesting but obviously there needs to be results to justify the hype; stuff like that is why they're 23rd in Keith Law's rankings and not top 10 like they were two years ago, amongst other things like trades.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar's k/bb ration in the minors are light years better than mondesi's. His OBP is way better too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up Escobars minor league numbers and compare them to Mondesi's.. Mondesi has some real shit OBP and BA abilty... He is so over hyped its not even funny.
Good point, but it's not like Mondesi is 25 either. He's 20, far from inconceivable he figures it out.