• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through their age 32 seasons, Manny does have a better slash line. Of course, it was shortly thereafter that he began a rapid decline, but that couldn't possibly happen to Cabrera because he's a Tiger.
for sure...its why i said "prime years".....

its a good debate....manny of course had his own mental issues---- miggy is kind of a pig too between his drinking and domestic stuff...neither were "good" guys...

Miggy has played for the Tigers for 8 years

Manny played for the Indians for 8 years- however the first 2 years with the indians he was obviously just a prospect and had only a combined 300 at bats

Manny's 1999 and 2000 seasons in Cleveland were just insane

1999 44 hrs 165 rbis, 333/442 ops of over 1100

in 2000 he only played in 118 games...still went 38/122 351/457 1154 ops

those are ridiculous...Manny had an OPS over 1000 8 different times...Miggy 3 times...all though Miggy still has a few years left

I can certainly see a case for either- but if someone - EITHER way- tried to say either is a SURE BET against the other- they are most definitely delusional.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through age 32 seasons:

Cabrera: .321/.399/.562/.961/155

Ramirez: .316/.411/.599/1.010/156
its definitely a great debate between the two and i could see a case for either one

someone that is ignorant enough - on EITHER argument to try and declare either one a clear winner is just a total and complete ass clown.

obviously Manny didnt play his entire career in Cleveland and had a lot of very good years in Boston- but as far as career stats guy- and even giving Cabrera another 4-5 years at solid production- hes not gonna touch manny on hrs, or rbis, and hes ahead a little in average and behind in obp...

really close those- 2 historically great comps....

Miggy has had an OPS over 1000, 3 different times in 12 "full" or close to "full" years- hes never had an OPS over 1100

Manny had an OPS over 1000, 8 times in 17 "full" or close to "full years"....Manny had an OPS over 1100 twice...now THAT is hard to do.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's no way Cabrera juices!"
Pretty sure one has documented evidence.. and Miggy isn't the one that has that.. Until you show any proof... or anything even remotely resembling something close to it.. Miggy isn't a PED user... Manny was. Prove fact.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its definitely a great debate between the two and i could see a case for either one

someone that is ignorant enough - on EITHER argument to try and declare either one a clear winner is just a total and complete ass clown.

The half-wit does have a point if you want to get sanctimonious about PEDs. While it's my opinion that every professional athlete can be suspected of PED usage, Manny's actually been caught. Twice.

So if one wanted to take that tack on the debate, I could understand. From a performance standpoint though, it was damn close.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure...its why i said "prime years".....

its a good debate....manny of course had his own mental issues---- miggy is kind of a pig too between his drinking and domestic stuff...neither were "good" guys...

Miggy has played for the Tigers for 8 years

Manny played for the Indians for 8 years- however the first 2 years with the indians he was obviously just a prospect and had only a combined 300 at bats

Manny's 1999 and 2000 seasons in Cleveland were just insane

1999 44 hrs 165 rbis, 333/442 ops of over 1100

in 2000 he only played in 118 games...still went 38/122 351/457 1154 ops

those are ridiculous...Manny had an OPS over 1000 8 different times...Miggy 3 times...all though Miggy still has a few years left

I can certainly see a case for either- but if someone - EITHER way- tried to say either is a SURE BET against the other- they are most definitely delusional.
its really not a good debate... one is a known PED user.. that was using during his prime years.. one is not. End of story.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure one has documented evidence.. and Miggy isn't the one that has that.. Until you show any proof... or anything even remotely resembling something close to it.. Miggy isn't a PED user... Manny was. Prove fact.

I can live with that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read some reviews about Little Ceasars. I guess most people think it tastes like shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The half-wit does have a point if you want to get sanctimonious about PEDs. While it's my opinion that every professional athlete can be suspected of PED usage, Manny's actually been caught. Twice.

So if one wanted to take that tack on the debate, I could understand. From a performance standpoint though, it was damn close.
for sure....all though- i dunno...its hard for me to get "sanctimonious" on that crap just because of all the speculation- and the fact that it was just part of the game like a higher mound used to be, like usinga deadball etc........Manny deserves to get knocked for it for sure---- but i gotta knock a guy for being an alcoholic domestic abuser as well or im just gonna have to take a long hot shower when i get home, lol.

its strange that Miggy has kind of had a power drop the last couple years...itll be interesting to see if that continues..i wouldve thought he was a lock for 500 bombs...now im not so sure.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its strange that Miggy has kind of had a power drop the last couple years...itll be interesting to see if that continues..i wouldve thought he was a lock for 500 bombs...now im not so sure.

This year could be a big indicator for that. If he stays healthy and gets 20+ HRs, I think he'll make it. Then again, when these guys' power starts to go, it can go really fucking fast.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year could be a big indicator for that. If he stays healthy and gets 20+ HRs, I think he'll make it. Then again, when these guy's power starts to go, it can go really fucking fast.
JD Martinez hitting 38 bombs was insane to me....i didnt see that coming at all....if u were to put an over under on how many HR's he has this year what would u say? 25?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure....all though- i dunno...its hard for me to get "sanctimonious" on that crap just because of all the speculation- and the fact that it was just part of the game like a higher mound used to be, like usinga deadball etc........Manny deserves to get knocked for it for sure---- but i gotta knock a guy for being an alcoholic domestic abuser as well or im just gonna have to take a long hot shower when i get home, lol.

Its strange he had a power drop? He had leg injuries.. Is it not normal to hit for less power when you have leg injuries?

This Indians fan is going to be long gone the second the Indians show any signs of struggle. I 100% guarantee that.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman had a 3.66 ERA and a whip of 1.20 last year for the Nationals.....of course those numbers are worse than his previous couple years - so maybe he bounces back a bit - but i gotta think whatever bounce back will not be worth nearly as much as moving to the AL and having a defense that is at best in the bottom half of the AL...we shall see though...

Not arguing that Zimmermann could struggle early in the AL, but would like to see some stats or justification that the Tigers defense is "at best in the bottom half of the AL".

Below average:
1B - Miggy (good hands though, just below-average range)
3B - Castellanos

Above average:
C - McCann
2B - Kinsler
SS - Iglesias
LF - Upton
CF - Both Gose and Maybin
RF - J.D. Martinez

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year could be a big indicator for that. If he stays healthy and gets 20+ HRs, I think he'll make it. Then again, when these guys' power starts to go, it can go really fucking fast.
Miggy Cabrera had one less HR than the best HR hitter the Indians had.. in about 15 less games... with obvious injuries... What does that say about your shit lineup?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Martinez hitting 38 bombs was insane to me....i didnt see that coming at all....if u were to put an over under on how many HR's he has this year what would u say? 25?

He hit 38 bombs without a lot of lineup protection last year (Miggy and Vmart out a lot, and he had Castellanos or even Avila hitting behind him at times). He hit 23 HR in two-thirds of a season in 2014. I'd put money on over 30, if he is healthy all year.