• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Football Life: Kevin Greene

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who saw this on the NFL network? What a great profile about him!!!

One thing I found VERY interesting about it... Kevin Greene was being used as a standup pass-rusher from the time he came into the league and kicked ass doing it. In 1991, John Robinson changed his defensive coaching staff and these new morons decided to make Greene a "hand in the dirt" DE...He admitted in the show, this was the number one reason he left our team...

The idiot DC who ran off a future HOFer because he used him wrong??? None other than(drumroll please)..........Jeff Fisher :L :gaah: :tsk:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who saw this on the NFL network? What a great profile about him!!!

One thing I found VERY interesting about it... Kevin Greene was being used as a standup pass-rusher from the time he came into the league and kicked ass doing it. In 1991, John Robinson changed his defensive coaching staff and these new morons decided to make Greene a "hand in the dirt" DE...He admitted in the show, this was the number one reason he left our team...

The idiot DC who ran off a future HOFer because he used him wrong??? None other than(drumroll please)..........Jeff Fisher :L :gaah: :tsk:

What a shock, Fisher has always been a moron.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Too funny LTFR. Fisher has been the biggest fraud the NFL has known in recent history. Stephen A has been right all along. I have stated from nearly the beginning that Fisher does little than to destroy careers of good players and coddle and hang onto PS squad players hoping they will materialize into good players making him look like some sort of savior. The man is a major drama queen among other things.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...:L....Jeff Fisher has always played guys out of their natural position! I believe that this is one of the reasons we've stunk it up so badly! Or he just tries to get them to do too much and their play just suffers!

He was still doing it, until he was fired! He's got safeties playing LB. Moves our OLB(Ogletree) to MLB and G-ROb is playing LT! These guys just have to learn from scratch all over. My motto, if it aint broke don't try to fix it!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...:L....Jeff Fisher has always played guys out of their natural position! I believe that this is one of the reasons we've stunk it up so badly! Or he just tries to get them to do too much and their play just suffers!

He was still doing it, until he was fired! He's got safeties playing LB. Moves our OLB(Ogletree) to MLB and G-ROb is playing LT! These guys just have to learn from scratch all over. My motto, if it aint broke don't try to fix it!

G-Rob played LT in college. Tree played MLB in college. Many defenses have gone to playing Safeties at the LB position to slow down the pass heavy offenses. They cover better then traditional LB. Your Motto is what got Fisher fired because he didn't adjust on offensive. He thought you can still ground and pound like 15 years ago and passing was an afterthought for him.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G-Rob played LT in college. Tree played MLB in college. Many defenses have gone to playing Safeties at the LB position to slow down the pass heavy offenses. They cover better then traditional LB. Your Motto is what got Fisher fired because he didn't adjust on offensive. He thought you can still ground and pound like 15 years ago and passing was an afterthought for him.

You have to admit Tree was playing same really good football as the OLB, if aint broke dont try to fix it X_X

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit Tree was playing same really good football as the OLB, if aint broke dont try to fix it X_X

True...He was dominating last year at OLB until he was injured...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had several INTs in years past and I think this year has zero. Nothing like slowly destroying a good player.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had several INTs in years past and I think this year has zero. Nothing like slowly destroying a good player.

He actually has 2 this year which ties his career high...What worries me more is only 1 Forced Fumble this season and zero sacks...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got finished watching Kevin Greene's, A Football Life and if I were the owner of the Rams and Dave Loub was my next HC, it'd be on one condition: Kevin Greene would be on the defensive staff. Period!! What a player at the LB position!!

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got finished watching Kevin Greene's, A Football Life and if I were the owner of the Rams and Dave Loub was my next HC, it'd be on one condition: Kevin Greene would be on the defensive staff. Period!! What a player at the LB position!!

I don't think he'd accept a position yet...They mentioned in the show how he left the Packers to spend time with his kids as they grow up, not sure when he'll be willing to come back. Maybe when his kids are in College?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this Documentary again... His excited attitude is/was something I loved so much. It's the kind of thing I actually saw in Kush during Hard Knocks on HBO and thought we should've kept him for that alone... Plus, with our O-line, I bet he would've played better than some of those bozos did... I'm obviously NOT comparing a HOFer(Greene) to Kush!!! But a guy like that, with that kind of energy/excitement can always help a team... Yet another Fisher mistake!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this Documentary again... His excited attitude is/was something I loved so much. It's the kind of thing I actually saw in Kush during Hard Knocks on HBO and thought we should've kept him for that alone... Plus, with our O-line, I bet he would've played better than some of those bozos did... I'm obviously NOT comparing a HOFer(Greene) to Kush!!! But a guy like that, with that kind of energy/excitement can always help a team... Yet another Fisher mistake!!!
I don't know man.

The quality you speak of is a rare find, but you can't let that look over some of the other qualities. It seemed to me, he didn't have it between the ear bones. They even talked about it on Hard Knocks how he would just brain fart and run the wrong play.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man.

The quality you speak of is a rare find, but you can't let that look over some of the other qualities. It seemed to me, he didn't have it between the ear bones. They even talked about it on Hard Knocks how he would just brain fart and run the wrong play.

Maybe he did at times, but can we REALLY say the o-lineman we ended up with didn't do the same or worse?