• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Cards

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly both are far better starting QB's than Kaepernick has turned out to be. Think about how crazy of a statement that is to say as well. Blaine Gabbert is a better option than Colin Kaepernick..... the mind says no way but the eyeballs are saying yup.
3 years ago no one would say that. Now, anyone who doesn't is a fool or is blind. Keep in mind though that Gabbert played on one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL so its hard to judge him by his time at Jacksonville.
With Kaepernick, this 49er offense was historically bad, with Gabbert, they are at least mediocre. He'll need some weapons before we can accurately evaluate him though. Boldin, Smith and Celek and whoever the hell their running back is don't scare anyone.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly both are far better starting QB's than Kaepernick has turned out to be. Think about how crazy of a statement that is to say as well. Blaine Gabbert is a better option than Colin Kaepernick..... the mind says no way but the eyeballs are saying yup.

This is pretty much how I feel. But I don't blame Kaep at all for the team's offensive failures. I blame the coaching staff for not benching him after his second pick 6 at Week 3.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, anyone who thinks that Kaepernick is better than Gabbert is fucking retarded and/or should lay off the crack pipe.

And once again, there is absolutely nothing that Kaepernick does RIGHT NOW that's better than Gabbert. Nothing. That's not me praising Gabbert. That's me understanding how terrible Kaepernick was playing for us, which is something Kaepologists are incapable of doing.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell. U are crazy for saying that. Kap has a way better resume. Im sorry I would take Kap. Most of the football world(not now with the injury, when healthy) would take Kap.

I understand why u would think that but overall Kap is the better QB. Don't let this 1 year fog your memory and what he did for this team. Now Im not saying we should keep him. Out of the 3 I would take Kap. I Like Smith but we went through that already and he was so so for us. Gabbert is a back up for a reason.

Not knocking your opinion or saying its stupid its just crazy to think other wise. Smith I can understand a little but Kaps success pushes him forward.

Nothing you're saying is sensible.

(1) "Kap has a way better resume." Indicating that someone was better in the past does not mean that he is better in the present.

(2) "Most of the football world(not now with the injury, when healthy) would take Kap." is bullshit and can't be verified either way.

(3) "Gabbert is a back up for a reason." Actually, he's not. He's the starter. Kaepernick is the backup. By your own reasoning, Kaepernick is a backup for a reason. Because he's not good at being a quarterback.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is done in SF so I don't know why people want to keep beating a dead horse. Gabbert has done some nice things as QB. He gets rid of the ball quickly, makes quick decisions, and has good mobility and uses it to make plays. What Gabbert so far hasn't done well is throw deeper balls. Has really underthrown some passes that could have been TDs. He also at times makes some bad decisions or forces throws that have been picked off or could have been picked off. He also has thrown short on 3rd downs. 0-9 on third downs won't work. The issue now is whether Gabbert is a veteran stopgap or something more moving forward. There a few games more to see if these things get ironed out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the NFL listen to the board. The refs are suspended for poor game calling.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally applaud :clap: the NFL for making the right call. Its time for the Refs to be held accountable. The cost the 49ers a win(Im ok with it because we have a top 5 pick now.)

They were talking about it on KNBR this morning. Awful. The call on dial was just bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it on KNBR this morning. Awful. The call on dial was just bad.
Not just that the PI calls. Only 1 was a real PI call. 2 were un catchable balls they were saying and the other 2 both players had the right to fight for the ball. It was one of the worst officiating this year most are saying. Like I said before Im not crazy upset because I hate to say this but we are in the running for a Top 5 pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep is done in SF so I don't know why people want to keep beating a dead horse. Gabbert has done some nice things as QB. He gets rid of the ball quickly, makes quick decisions, and has good mobility and uses it to make plays. What Gabbert so far hasn't done well is throw deeper balls. Has really underthrown some passes that could have been TDs. He also at times makes some bad decisions or forces throws that have been picked off or could have been picked off. He also has thrown short on 3rd downs. 0-9 on third downs won't work. The issue now is whether Gabbert is a veteran stopgap or something more moving forward. There a few games more to see if these things get ironed out.

Gabbert isn't great but no one expected him to be great. He has exceeded my expectations so far, and it is far easier watching him over Kaep.....holding.....holding......holding the ball.

Yes, the next step is throw long enough on 3rd downs. But this also requires more pass protect, we'll see?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert isn't great but no one expected him to be great. He has exceeded my expectations so far, and it is far easier watching him over Kaep.....holding.....holding......holding the ball.

Yes, the next step is throw long enough on 3rd downs. But this also requires more pass protect, we'll see?

The question now is whether Gabbert is just a veteran stopgap or could be something more. On some of those 3rd down throws Gabbert was quick the checkdown the ball even though there wasn't pressure. Something he needs to work on. Cosell was talking down the wide receivers this morning.