• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'99 Rams Revolutionized The NFL

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was beyond old school. He crippled the offense to attempt to avoid turnovers and bolster his defense.
Fisher was a good stepping stone in the right direction from the year to year bottom feeder we were prior to his arrival.

I think we hung on to him a year longer than we should have as evidenced by the desperation trade for a suspect QB talent in last years draft and the subpar 7-9 status Fisher was able to bring year in and year out prior as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher was a good stepping stone in the right direction from the year to year bottom feeder we were prior to his arrival.

I think we hung on to him a year longer than we should have as evidenced by the desperation trade for a suspect QB talent in last years draft and the subpar 7-9 status Fisher was able to bring year in and year out prior as well.

Just curious; do you feel any of this year's QB crop is a decidedly better prospect? I think Deshaun Watson is, but the opinions on him tumbled this year due to his INT numbers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious; do you feel any of this year's QB crop is a decidedly better prospect? I think Deshaun Watson is, but the opinions on him tumbled this year due to his INT numbers.
I like the gamer in Watson, but Trubisky fits the prototypical mold of an NFL QB (I didn't like the trade up b/c I think the Bears' got played and it all the chips went to a Division Rival). Mahomes has decent size, but seems to play small. He's a gamer too, but it's more of the careless gunslinger type where he tends to improvise too much, and that gets him into trouble.

Of the three, I'm like you I go Watson. He reminds me of Marriota a bit, but he may have more of that gamer aspect to his game. Trubisky could end up being the next Tom Brady or the next David Carr, a lot of potential, accurate, plays from the pocket type of passer. Mahomes, is the rebel of the bunch and plays with reckless abandon. He could be the next Farve or he could find a career on the IR.

For any of the others it's a crap shoot, who knows, Peterman could end up being a steal, but he is raw. Maybe the best QB from this group ends up being an UDFA? Really, who knows? I'm not really excited about anybody outside of the first three I mentioned.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

Cause Fisher was old school and refused to change.
Well he did in a way... he couldn't even live up to his 7-9 record last year, which FINALLY resulted in his firing.