• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#9 South Carolina at #7 Arkansas

Who will win?

• South Carolina in a blowout (> 2 TDs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Carolina in a close game (2 TDs or closer)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I don't know, too close to tell

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Arkansas in a close game

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Arkansas in a blowout

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think will win?

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it strange that this game intrigues me a lot more than the Alabama/LSU game?

Both teams have been winning ugly... and both teams most likely need this win to stay in contention for their divisions.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both teams have been winning ugly... and both teams most likely need this win to stay in contention for their divisions.

Definitely. If Bama should lose then Arkansas controls it's destiny.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. If Bama should lose then Arkansas controls it's destiny.

Not necessarily.... wouldn't that end up with one of those 3 way tie scenarios like we had in the Big 12 a few years ago?

I think it would most likely be Alabama in that case.

Here's how the SEC tiebreaker works in that case...

"8. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game"

If they're all 11-1..... they would all almost definitely be in the top 7, and probably all withing 5 places of each other. Which means that the winner of the game between the 2 highest ranked teams would be the representative.

So really, the destiny is controlled by voters and computers. :L

As lame as that is... here's the way I see that scenario playing out.

Alabama drops below LSU with a loss this weekend, but remains ahead of Arkansas. When Arkansas tops LSU in the last week of the season..... LSU drops behind both of them. Then Alabama goes. But... I could just as easily see LSU not dropping behind Bama even with that loss, if LSU somehow manages to blow out Bama this weekend.

Jesus this is convoluted.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU is still one(which they would be) and Arkansas beats them, then they would most likely jump Alabama and LSU no matter what position they are in, and they would go since the tie-breaker is the highest BCS ranking.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU is still one(which they would be) and Arkansas beats them, then they would most likely jump Alabama and LSU no matter what position they are in, and they would go since the tie-breaker is the highest BCS ranking.

unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game

This part of the rule is what was different between the ACC and SEC tiebreakers... and the Big 12's. If the Big 12 had this rule, Texas would have been in the Big 12 title game that year and not Oklahoma.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game

This part of the rule is what was different between the ACC and SEC tiebreakers... and the Big 12's. If the Big 12 had this rule, Texas would have been in the Big 12 title game that year and not Oklahoma.

Awww...I see, I missed that part. So basically it would be determined by who was higher, LSU or Bama. Mind blowing if you think about it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see SCar scoring more than 17 and Arky will score at least 21.

WOOPIGSOOOIE

Internet Tough Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect us to put together a complete game home and win by at least 10, I think we will win out until we go to LSU we haven't played well on the road but that game has traditionally gone in either direction

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Arky wins, but I think USC could very easily win a close one.

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me flip a coin real quick

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now think Arky wins since it's at home for them

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, it is strange unless you are a SC or Ark fan. This game is important, but not as important as the LSU/Bama game when it comes to controlling destiny. Ark can't get in without beating LSU and LSU has to beat Bama for that to matter. So, in a sense, this game is as important for Ark fans as their own game is.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is strange unless you are a SC or Ark fan. This game is important, but not as important as the LSU/Bama game when it comes to controlling destiny. Ark can't get in without beating LSU and LSU has to beat Bama for that to matter. So, in a sense, this game is as important for Ark fans as their own game is.

It's pretty important in the East in terms of controlling one's destiny.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's pretty important in the East in terms of controlling one's destiny.

Yeah, it is more important to a SC fan. It is also more important for an Ark fan to a point. Although all the points I made before have to be considered. SC fans will most likely see one of these two teams at the end of the year. So it is little more than a heads up for them.