• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 9/14/2017: "Racism is as American as Baseball" banner at Fenway confuses everyone

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the win streak . . . not to take anything away from the Indians, but are the Tigers after the Martinez and Verlander trade now the worst team in the AL? Miggy is a shell of his former self, Fulmer is hurt. That franchise does not look good.

Gotta be for sure, but I guess that was basically their mission

Unloading Verlander was pretty saavy considering the direction of that franchise, and the absolute clusterfuck of a contract Cabrera has

And apparently one of the worst minor league systems in the world

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. But I can understand why you need to believe this.

98 Yankees had an awful September, and we know how that turned out

So assuming the opposite is not a huge leap

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a little wishful thinking cause its our likely opponent, and I would trust Francona in that spot more than anyone

I just started thinking that the other night when Kluber started the 9th, raised an eyebrow

I admit, I wasn't psyched about that, but it wasn't that crazy. He only threw 113 pitches (his average this season for 6+ inning starts is 97, and 113 ranks 5th among his starts), and I'd heard that Miggy was to be his last batter regardless of outcome.

Regardless, I don't see that as trying to hard for the record - they've got the best bullpen in baseball, they could have gone there. I think it was because he was throwing a complete game shut out. If anything, it was for his CY candidacy, which I do think he's going to win at this point.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I wasn't psyched about that, but it wasn't that crazy. He only threw 113 pitches (his average this season for 6+ inning starts is 97, and 113 ranks 5th among his starts), and I'd heard that Miggy was to be his last batter regardless of outcome.

Regardless, I don't see that as trying to hard for the record - they've got the best bullpen in baseball, they could have gone there. I think it was because he was throwing a complete game shut out. If anything, it was for his CY candidacy, which I do think he's going to win at this point.

He should win it at this point, but they will give it to Sale, just the way it goes.....

Is Miller back? Is he on his way back?

I see Cody Allen regained his nastiness

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98 Yankees had an awful September, and we know how that turned out

So assuming the opposite is not a huge leap
Bawstun killed the Mariners in 2001 when they let ahad the arab get on planes at Logan. Mariners were fine until MLB shut down for a week.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the win streak . . . not to take anything away from the Indians, but are the Tigers after the Martinez and Verlander trade now the worst team in the AL? Miggy is a shell of his former self, Fulmer is hurt. That franchise does not look good.

They're fucked, and it is worth noting that a third of the Indians' streak has been against the Tigers. I don't think that takes anything away from the streak - take the best team in baseball and have them play the worst for 21 games, even in that scenario, 21 straight is impressive.

I know a guy who works in the suites at Jacobs Field, and he said he shared an elevator with some of the Tigers' execs the other night (during the 11-0 game), and he said they looked like someone had just shot their dog, fucked their wife and then ate their dinner.

Actually, he didn't say exactly that, but he said they looked pretty dejected.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should win it at this point, but they will give it to Sale, just the way it goes.....

Is Miller back? Is he on his way back?

I see Cody Allen regained his nastiness
Kluber has one. That's why Sale will win. Same reason why Kluber won in 2014 when Felix had the better overall stats.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber has one. That's why Sale will win. Same reason why Kluber won in 2014 when Felix had the better overall stats.

Severino picked the wrong year to be great

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes you so sure?

I think the voters will consider how the two have been down the stretch as well as the fact that Kluber's team absolutely embarrassed Sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sale won, but I think Kluber will.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Severino picked the wrong year to be great
Severino has thrown a LOT of innings for a young guy.

They need him though thats for sure--- but at some point- i gotta think that an innings jump like that might catch up with him.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all gonna go with the hindsight in 20/20 approach?

Dodgers were like 9/1, Nats were like 12/1, Mets were like 13/1
people were very high on the mets...that staff, the power bats...