• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#8 Minnesota at #1 Chicago playoff thread

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad OT goals and Crawford go together like pb and j. what a terrible goal

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild finally finish strong. Harding deserved a W after this series, haha.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things playing out well for the Hawks in the playoffs so far. Hawks up 2-0. Wings take away home ice from the Ducks, tied 1-1. Canucks losing 2-0 and now have to go to the Shark Tank. Blues up 2-0.

In the "other" conference, Pens blow a 3-1 lead and lose to the plucky Islanders and the series is tied 1-1. Hmmm, thought the Pens were gonna blow teams away. Oh yeah, that's right...no defense. And really bad goaltending tonight.

What board have you been hanging around which has made you think competent Pens fans feel this way? Hahah. There's some good series in this "lesser" conferences, not sure if you've seen them. Caps are up 2-0 against a "stacked" Rangers team. Ottawa/Montreal putting on a show. Toronto isn't rolling over for the B's who've owned them the past decade essentially. If anyone's being closed minded pal, it's you. I've enjoyed pretty much every game I've watched, that's playoff hockey.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks...too deep, too strong, too fast, too good.

Wild have no chance in this series as they continue to be outplayed on almost every shift.

Hawks have it going. Almost 50 shots on goal tonight. Wacky bounces that all went the Hawks (Frolik's) way. Stellar goaltending by Crawford.

Someone please call the slaughter rule and get this over already.

dumbass sez what?

:wtf:

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to see what adjustments Chicago makes. I hope the first one is pulling their heads out of their rear ends.

Minnesota played a strong game. A little too aggressive physically, they'll get burned on those if they go out of their way to make hits. Bolland still out for Chicago. I have a feeling Carbomb will be taking Bollig's spot. I can only hope Carbomb and Bollig won't be on the ice at the same time. Pominville practiced yesterday, but it's still unlikely he plays game 4.

They still haven't announced the time for game 5.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Wild win another game or two! :pray:

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand how the Wild gave up on what was so successful for them in Game 3 and the first 6 minutes of Game 4? Heavy forechecking and support for the puck, playing the puck down low behind the goal line and bringing it back in front of the net.

Seems like after the Hawks killed off their first penalty, the Wild got completely out of whack. And after Sharp's first goal, the Wild never returned to the heavy hitting from Game 3. I don't get it. Poor coaching? Or poor listening by the players?

Hawks played exactly how they needed to play. Quick retrieval of pucks and quick outlets to open players getting the puck out of the zone and to the forwards instead of getting knocked off the puck. Much better support of the defense by the Hawks forwards. Crawford solid, not tested more than a couple of times and hey, didn't give up a bad goal tonight. That says something.

Hawks need one more win to clinch and go on to Round 2. Let's hope it is Thursday in front of the home crowd.

IF the Hawks advance (I did say "IF") they will play the Wings or Sharks in Round 2.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What board have you been hanging around which has made you think competent Pens fans feel this way? Hahah. There's some good series in this "lesser" conferences, not sure if you've seen them. Caps are up 2-0 against a "stacked" Rangers team. Ottawa/Montreal putting on a show. Toronto isn't rolling over for the B's who've owned them the past decade essentially. If anyone's being closed minded pal, it's you. I've enjoyed pretty much every game I've watched, that's playoff hockey.

Really, REALLY bad goaltending for the Pens in Game 4!

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo is useless. Truly, useless.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Seems like after the Hawks killed off their first penalty, the Wild got completely out of whack. And after Sharp's first goal, the Wild never returned to the heavy hitting from Game 3. I don't get it. Poor coaching? Or poor listening by the players?....

I pretty much agree with what the TV commentators were saying: 'Heavy hitting' just hasn't been the Wild's normal style of play, so it isn't something that comes naturally to them.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy...but if you know that's probably the ONLY way you have a chance of winning, you don't stick with it? I don't get it.

They showed they could do it all game long in Game 3 and came out doing it in Game 4. Had the Hawks running all over the place in the first 6-8 minutes. Then...zip...nothing. No more hits, no more pressure, no more offensive chances aside from the plethora of power plays they had. Hard pressed to find ANY quality scoring chances 5 on 5 for the Wild.

I'm scratching my head, but relieved they didn't revert to playing the way they were so successful in Game 3.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that Bolland might be back tomorrow night, with Emery to follow also or in Game 6, if needed.

Bolland when he returns need to play on the fourth line with Kruger and Frolik. If Handzus falls flat like in Game 3, then move Bollie up to the second line.

Emery, nice to have in your pocket, but Crawford has played really well overall (minus two bad goals). Leads the playoffs in goals against allowed and save percentage. Like those stats in the playoffs.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the word is that Bolland and Emery are "doubtful" for Game 5.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised Bolland is shut down still, not sure they would have rushed him back after a win anyway.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why people love Dave Bolland so much, he terrible at the dot and doesn't bring a ton offensivly