• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#8 Minnesota at #1 Chicago playoff thread

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bearhawk1219

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks...too deep, too strong, too fast, too good.

Wild have no chance in this series as they continue to be outplayed on almost every shift.

Hawks have it going. Almost 50 shots on goal tonight. Wacky bounces that all went the Hawks (Frolik's) way. Stellar goaltending by Crawford.

Someone please call the slaughter rule and get this over already.
I'm A Hawks fan but I still find myself hating you.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is there to do in a state where it snows eight months of the year besides screw?

skank-marden.jpg

Maybe they fired her because she was the one they were having the tremendous amount of sick sex with.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm A Hawks fan but I still find myself hating you.

Like I care.

Have the Wild been down 4-1 by the end of the 1st in the games so far?

What series are you watching?

I've been watching the Hawks and Wild. The Wild are offensively challenged. Ryan Suter has to play 35-40 minutes a game and because of that he's on the ice for almost every Blackhawks goal.

The Hawks played nervous and sluggish for a period and a half in game one and still won. The Hawks played THEIR game in game two and won 5-2, but should have been 7 or 8 or 9 to 2 with all the chances they had.

The Hawks are outshooting the Wild almost 2-1. The Wild have their backup goalie who has played a handful of games this year and as we all know, isn't as good as Backstrom. The Wild have one defenseman with playoff experience.

I'm not dissing the Wild, but they are outclassed so far in this series. I expect them to come out like gangbusters in game three, but if they don't build at least a two goal lead early and frustrate the Hawks, I'm afraid the Wild don't win.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, if you'd rather talk about the weather in Minnesota or a fired TV reporter, then fine...talk amongst yourselves.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Wild fan, last night was pretty hard to watch. Our top line just can't hang. Koivu has been playing like shit. We've had some great chances and Crawford has been making great saves. Zucker hit the crossbar in OT in game 1. Whenever we're able to actually get control of the puck in the neutral zone, it's dump and chase after dump and chase. It's so frustrating. Yeo needs to be fired. We're really missing Heatley and Pominville. If we had them it'd be a different series. We'd still lose most likely, but I think we would have been capable of taking a couple games.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're really missing Heatley and Pominville. If we had them it'd be a different series. We'd still lose most likely, but I think we would have been capable of taking a couple games.

Well that would really change things now, wouldn't it?

I'm not surprised by how the first two games have gone in the series. After all, it's a number one seed against a number eight seed that just made it into the playoffs on the last day.

I think:

1 Wild fans were harkening back to last year when the Kings as a number eight won the whole enchilada. But since that was the first time EVER in the playoffs, that was unlikely to happen again.

2 NHL fans not in Chicago love to see the President's Cup winners fall flat on their faces and hoping the same would happen here, just so they could say "I told you so".

Objectively looking at this series, first on paper and then through the first two games, it is obvious who the better team is. The Hawks are faster, more skilled, deeper at all positions and have been getting pretty good timely goaltending (less one leaky goal in Game 1). Their third line pots the OT game winner in Game 1. Their fourth line guy scores two goals in Game 2. A lot of depth on this team. And that's pretty much how it should be going. I'm not tooting the Hawks horn but that's how 1 seeds are sposed to play against 8 seeds.

Now, the Wild need to really bring it tomorrow in Game 3. But I don't see how they can. They aren't overly physical (actually less physical then I thought they would be), they only have a few players who can score, their top goalie and 3-4 other better players are injured and their top guy has to play about 40 minutes a game.

I'm not trying to disrespect the Wild. I just don't see this series going much longer. Now, if by some way they can win Game 3 and make a series out of it, I could be all wrong. And even if the Hawks get by this series, everyone knows that the next series should and will be tougher. That's how its meant to be.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and lest anyone forget, the Hawks lost three games in regulation at home during the regular season.

They lost four games in regulation on the road.

EEK!

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the Hawks and Wild. The Wild are offensively challenged. Ryan Suter has to play 35-40 minutes a game and because of that he's on the ice for almost every Blackhawks goal.

The Hawks played nervous and sluggish for a period and a half in game one and still won. The Hawks played THEIR game in game two and won 5-2, but should have been 7 or 8 or 9 to 2 with all the chances they had.

The Hawks are outshooting the Wild almost 2-1. The Wild have their backup goalie who has played a handful of games this year and as we all know, isn't as good as Backstrom. The Wild have one defenseman with playoff experience.

I'm not dissing the Wild, but they are outclassed so far in this series. I expect them to come out like gangbusters in game three, but if they don't build at least a two goal lead early and frustrate the Hawks, I'm afraid the Wild don't win.

Don't get me wrong: I don't have any fanboy blinders on - I know that the Wild have just this side of no chance against the Hawks. My point is that they've earned the right to be in the playoffs & they are trying their best (I hope!), so let them have their try - & accept that the Hawks shouldn't be in a hurry to look past anybody.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't because of the slip-up:

Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Susannah Collins part ways - chicagotribune.com

They apparently just realized some of her prior "work" wasn't quite tasteful/PC or something...

That's the fucked up thing though: They only hired her in the first place because she gained notoriety from her less-than-tasteful work. It's a cover-up; they fired her because of the slip.

And fuck yeah, Mystery, Alaska. You know where a guy can get a rub and a tug around here?

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the fucked up thing though: They only hired her in the first place because she gained notoriety from her less-than-tasteful work. It's a cover-up; they fired her because of the slip.

I think the slip caused the Blackhawks to dig deeper into her background when they didn't before. When I say Blackhawks, I mean McDonough. The slip up put the spotlight on her and I think they found something they/he didn't like so he canned her. There have been other issues at the network concerning the franchises and reporters too. I can't imagine that she was fired for the slip alone but I'm not suggesting she was fired for a good reason.

I'm confident they gave her some "hush money" on the way out the door to minimize the bad press. I doubt the reason for the firing would have been popular with the fans.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wild played way better in game one than game two. They hopefully should be able to drop Suter's minutes a little bit in these next two games with last change. No way can he be playing his best all the time when he is playing all the time.

Pretty sure the Wild need both of the home games, too - I don't see them stealing more than one from the Hawks in Chicago.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith is a mess right now. Wow that was a terrible shift for him.