• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 Finals in a row

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, its a perfect exercise to exhibit his greatness, for people that have no eyeballs, and need more evidence

If the rosters remained intact, other than Lebron leaving, I'd agree.

It would be similar to when MJ went to play baseball for 2 years, but the Bulls roster stayed mostly intact and they went to the ECF without him.

The closest may have been when he left the Heat, but even then, they added players and lost Bosh after 44 games and D-Wade missed 20 games.

I think that if Bosh and Wade stay healthy, we may have seen a Cavs/Heat ECF, which would have been pretty cool.

Of course, Wade's health was part of why Lebron left. Sooo...:noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? In the East, of course they make the playoffs. Look, Lebron is the main reason why the Cavs became a championship team, but let’s not act like he didn’t come with help. It like how people like to say because Shaq left the Lakers, is the reason why they became a bad team, but fail to mention that they also lost Fisher, Malone, GP, Horry, Fox, etc.

What makes you think adding Klove and bench players helps Kyrie make the playoffs without Lebron? With Kyrie their win total was: 21, 24, 33. They jumped to 53 with Lebron and Love. Point is they would be lucky to win 40 games without Lebron and that team and that bein generous.

Outside of Kyrie and Lebron on that ship team, there wasn’t much around them. Love had his moments but he didn’t play like an All-Star and missed games. Every team needs help, Lebron just got less help. Lets remember the Cavs are the ONLY team to beat the W’s in a playoff series in 4 years now.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls didn't go to the ECF in '94, they lost to the Knicks in the second round. I don't know why everyone thinks it was the ECF, I hear that shit all the time. It was a crazy series and one of the most physical I've ever seen, it was a shame the Bulls couldn't pull it out. (fuck you hugh hollins!)

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think adding Klove and bench players helps Kyrie make the playoffs without Lebron?

Because they would have 2 all stars and it's the East.

With Kyrie their win total was: 21, 24, 33.

So they improved by 12 games from Kyrie's rookie season to his 3rd season and you don't think adding another all star gets them to the playoffs in the East? Seriously?!?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls didn't go to the ECF in '94, they lost to the Knicks in the second round. I don't know why everyone thinks it was the ECF, I hear that shit all the time. It was a crazy series and one of the most physical I've ever seen, it was a shame the Bulls couldn't pull it out. (fuck you hugh hollins!)

That's right. It was the 2nd round.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vividly remember Kukoc missing a foul line J in the garden, and if I remember correctly, Pippen pouting on the bench about something

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think adding Klove and bench players helps Kyrie make the playoffs without Lebron? With Kyrie their win total was: 21, 24, 33. They jumped to 53 with Lebron and Love. Point is they would be lucky to win 40 games without Lebron and that team and that bein generous.

Outside of Kyrie and Lebron on that ship team, there wasn’t much around them. Love had his moments but he didn’t play like an All-Star and missed games. Every team needs help, Lebron just got less help. Lets remember the Cavs are the ONLY team to beat the W’s in a playoff series in 4 years now.

Because you are forgetting that Kyrie was a baby who was getting better every year who became a superstar.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes truly unbelievable.

his consistent greatness is just on another level.

Russell, Wilt and Jabaar were all consistently great for long periods of time--- but for a variety of reasons none are as impressive as LeBron's run.

No one has been better at the game of NBA basketball for longer than LeBron James. Honestly this is probably Year 11 as the NBA's best player.

That is unheard of.

I agree with most of this...doubtful LJ will match Kareem for consistency over the long haul, but there's no question who the king of the NBA is and has been for quite some time.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vividly remember Kukoc missing a foul line J in the garden, and if I remember correctly, Pippen pouting on the bench about something

Yep, when Pippen was told he wasn't getting the ball he sat and refused to go in.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pippen pouting on the bench was at the end of game 3. He was mad because the final play was designed for Kukoc to take the last shot and not him so he pouted about it. Kukoc made the shot and the Bulls won the game. They needed to win that game badly too, if they lost, they would've been down 0-3 and that series is probably over in 5 games.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

I'm not even saying it's fair.

It just is what it is.

And the iconic images are going to be those bad 4th quarters and JJ Barea smoking Bron off the dribble.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying it's fair.

It just is what it is.

And the iconic images are going to be those bad 4th quarters and JJ Barea smoking Bron off the dribble.

It's part of his legacy. So is going to 8 straight NBA finals.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's part of his legacy. So is going to 8 straight NBA finals.

Agreed.

It just is kinda silly trying to use team stuff for justifying the greatness of individuals.

But at least with the NBA you play on both sides.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

It just is kinda silly trying to use team stuff for justifying the greatness of individuals.

But at least with the NBA you play on both sides.

That works both ways you know.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point by Isiah Thomas just now on the Stephen A Smith show

"Every coach I have ever had is in the HOF, every coach Jordan has had is in the HOF, every coach Jabaar had is in the HOF, and dont think every one of those coaches didnt help make these players great, including myself...Who the hell was teaching Lebron James all these years?"

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The epic choke in 2011 is the biggest thing that haunts the Lebron legacy.

You will forgive us Mavericks fans for not viewing 2011 as a choke job by the Heat...

We do have a different take on things.