• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 8/2/17 WHAT A GAME - Vazquez With the Walk-OFF! 1st Place!!!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Ambrosia's Biggest Part of Me?

I think it falls in that "would be better by a pool/lake" category.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Like the Zimmer call, he seemed to have a hard time judging what was going to happen with the ball in play. As in something was going deep but was merely a fly out or vice versa.

I used to wonder about these guys who RAMP UP TO ELEVEN ON A DEEP FLY BALL...that's caught well before the warning track. I don't think they're misjudging it; they've got the best vantage point in the stadium and most fans in the stands can tell when a ball has been hit hard enough.

I think it's done intentionally to keep people interested. "Hey, there MAY be something exciting happening! Okay, maybe not...now let me get back to that witty anecdote about what Connie Mack once said about John McGraw..."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kinda fag-rock station have you dialed in?

SiriusXM's Yacht Rock. It's a blend of soft/jazz rock primarily from the years 1976-1984 that sounds like the smell of tanning oil and sex.

I've been listening to it lately when I'm by the pool. There is definitely some cheese, but there is also a fair amount of good shit. Steely Dan, Boz Skaggs, Toto have some great tunes. The cheesy shit is harder to tolerate sitting in my office, though.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to wonder about these guys who RAMP UP TO ELEVEN ON A DEEP FLY BALL...that's caught well before the warning track. I don't think they're misjudging it; they've got the best vantage point in the stadium and most fans in the stands can tell when a ball has been hit hard enough.

I think it's done intentionally to keep people interested. "Hey, there MAY be something exciting happening! Okay, maybe not...now let me get back to that witty anecdote about what Connie Mack once said about John McGraw..."

They're lying to us?! Sons of bitches!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade in our league went down today: Mookie for Billy Hamilton. Dumbasses in our league never heard of the 'veto' option. Zig got Mookie.

Hey Dirt, why didn't you veto this trade? Dumbass New Yorkers.

Never saw that, that's total bullshit but everyone flips out when we veto

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are your thoughts on ecks untelevised tribute and ovation?

Didn't see it. Heard about it. Still doesn't make it more likely the Sox put Price on the DL to hide him from the fans.

Here's my whole problem with this brewhaha. I don't think what Price said was all that bad. Dick thing to say? Yes. (especially the "Now get the fuck outta here" line). But if he said it with a smirk or a slight smile on his face it changes the context 100%. I'm assuming that he didn't because we would have heard about it by now, but still.

This whole thing seems to be a minor incident that the media has just massaged into being a big deal. Eck has known for a long time exactly what was said, didn't complain to the team or the media about it. Let's just move on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so @cerealboi

did you see ecks ovation last night? THATS why they hid price. eck is beloved here. price is just a prick.

BOSTON -- Dennis Eckersley has yet to receive an apology from David Price -- or anyone in a Boston Red Sox uniform, for that matter -- but the Hall of Famer sure got some love from the Fenway Park crowd Tuesday night.

Making a previously scheduled appearance in the "Legends Suite," which hosts a former player at each Red Sox home game, Eckersley was shown on the Fenway videoboard in the middle of the third inning of Boston's 12-10 win.

Upon being given a loud ovation, Eckersley placed his hand over his heart and appeared to say, "Thank you very much ... you're the best."

Eckersley has been at the center of a recent firestorm in the wake of a Boston Globe story that revealed previously unreported details of Price's verbal assault of him on the Red Sox team charter before a June 29 flight from Boston to Toronto. Price reportedly mocked and cursed at Eckersley over what he perceived to be criticism of teammate Eduardo Rodriguez on a NESN telecast that night.

"I didn't know how to react," Eck told the Boston Herald after Tuesday night's ovation. "It was weird. You're getting cheered for getting yelled at. It was weird.

the best part?

NESN did not televise Eckersley's reception from fans live during Tuesday's game.

why? nesn is becoming state run TV. no bad words about the sox. the sox own nesn...and dictate what they do now.

I missed it live. only saw it online..

David Price also got pissed that he got Gatorade on his uniform when they drenched Vazquez at the end of the game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bawstuns are acting like the Red Sox are the only team in the history of baseball to have a walkoff win.

Well this IS the Red Sox only board.. DUH

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the whole "the Sox team is no longer putting up with negativity from announcers" isn't exactly a new concept.

The Royals fired Royals legend Frank White because he was too "negative." (read: he didn't hype the team when it sucked). They hired Rex Hudler (no connection with the team previously) who now just blows the team and give "atta boy" type comments the entire game. He sucks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. old nate newton:

10-nate-newton-athletes-busted-for-week-pot.jpg

nate newton today

dal_nate_newton_on_cowboys_1003.jpg

drugs will do that to ya

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing seems to be a minor incident that the media has just massaged into being a big deal.

Feels a little like the the PR smear campaigns that come out of Boston's FO when they're planing on getting rid of personnel.

Still, David Price should wear a tutu and halter top on the mound. The guy's nuts shrivel to raisins in big games.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all know there's a Boston Red Sox board for this shit, right?

Also, baseball = ghey/dead 2 me

Look on the bright side, you can see your prospects play and live vicariously through your neighbors the Yankees and us Red Sox fans

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they play any Papas Fritas or Moondoggies?

No, I don't think they fit the mood.

However, Austin Skaggs, son of Yacht Rock staple Boz Skaggs, and music critic for Rolling Stone wrote that the Moondoggies are "seriously kick-ass," so there's that.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels a little like the the PR smear campaigns that come out of Boston's FO when they're planing on getting rid of personnel.

Still, David Price should wear a tutu and halter top on the mound. The guy's nuts shrivel to raisins in big games.

It does indeed. A la Tito's "painkiller addiction".

And we knew that about Price - hoping it would change. . . alas.