• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen many teams lose many games because players don't employ east strategies on single plays that maximize their chances to win

Giants earlier this year. Longhorns in 2008, cost them a good chance at an nc.

We've all seen it

Y'all acting like this isn't a debatable topic. Further, the arguments you've written here range from downright incorrect to 180° contradictory to straight name calling and appeal to masses argument fallacies.

You're jokes
So you are wanting a guy to go against his instincts to score a touchdown without knowing how little time is left to attempt a short, bad angle shot, with a bad kicker into a 15 MPH wind? At best it's a 50/50 shot but with nerves and its lower than that. I will take a 90% chance shot at a touchdown over a less than 50% shot on a bad kicker. Not including the chances of a bad snap and losing on that.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I copied your original post that started the whole conversation. Learn how to communicate clearly and articulate your point, you dense motherfucker.
So. Yiure explicit argument here is that I DID NOT say a thing, but because I didn't explicitly say something against it, and you can obtusely claim I did, then it's my fault?

Wow. You're a completely disingenuous fuck

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Yiure explicit argument here is that I DID NOT say a thing, but because I didn't explicitly say something against it, and you can obtusely claim I did, then it's my fault?

Wow. You're a completely disingenuous fuck
Lets try this one more time we are trying to help yo

144524234077143_zpsej662qni.gif

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 10 seconds. You scoop and run from the 35. You're at the 10 yard line now. There are now defenders directly in front of you, actually touching you.

You have two choices:
A. Hit the ground or run out of bounds with ~3 seconds left and let your fg kicker kick a ~25 yard field goal ftw.
Or
B. Risk running out of time as you try and perhaps fail to make a TD and lose the game.

I have been very clear before and now. If you're illiterate and can't understand, it's your fault.

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 10 seconds. You scoop and run from the 35. You're at the 10 yard line now. There are now defenders directly in front of you, actually touching you.

You have two choices:
A. Hit the ground or run out of bounds with ~3 seconds left and let your fg kicker kick a ~25 yard field goal ftw.
Or
B. Risk running out of time as you try and perhaps fail to make a TD and lose the game.

I have been very clear before and now. If you're illiterate and can't understand, it's your fault.
You have yet to explain how in the hell the kid was supposed to know how much time was left given the circumstances.

Have nice day. Have to go to work. I'll hang up and listen for your reply.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 second start. I expect a players internal clock to be three full seconds accurate out of ten total… unlike others in here who said it was obvious he had plenty of time when he rolled in at about .8 seconds.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 second start. I expect a players internal clock to be three full seconds accurate out of ten total… unlike others in here who said it was obvious he had plenty of time when he rolled in at about .8 seconds.
I think your expectations are unrealistic.

I think most people agree with me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that it is harder for a kicker to kick a field goal from close up when you are over on one of the hash marks as opposed to the center of the field, correct? Our kicker is 5/9 on the year and some of those were within the 35 yards and were in the center of the field. There was a gusty 15 MPH head wind that would make the kick even harder. The kid who got the ball is a freshman playing in his first year of college football. At 19 years old in the biggest game of his life when a miracle happens and a ball is tossed up in the air to him with a row of blockers in front of him, you expect him to be counting "One Mississippi, two Mississippi..." and trying to get the ball in position to have a shotty field goal kicker a chance to fuck it up? I know there is never a bad snap from a long snapper so that could never come into play either as well as not getting the ball down.

If he takes a knee and the field goal kicker misses the kick, this freshman will never see the field for the next two years, and every teammate, especially the seniors will treat him like a leper for handing the game to their arch rival. I will take a 90% chance at a touchdown over a less than 50% chance att field goal any day of the week.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hello, my name is Knowing When To Quit. Have we met?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUUUUUUUCKKKK this happened.

Fall on the fumble, get the first down, DON'T let them run 40 yards for a TD.....FUUUUCKKK. God damn it MSU didn't deserve to win this game.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fall on the fumble, get the first down, DON'T let them run 40 yards for a TD.....FUUUUCKKK. God damn it MSU didn't deserve to win this game.

oh, but they did. They led at no point in the game but get the W...........

Curious. Does this one sting more than the loss to Toledo a few years back, more than the Appy St. loss?

I have to say, I can begin to understand how you feel since as a fan my alma mater has not lost to teams of this caliber.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My stomach slightly hurt afterwards from laughing so hard.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, but they did. They led at no point in the game but get the W...........

Curious. Does this one sting more than the loss to Toledo a few years back, more than the Appy St. loss?

I have to say, I can begin to understand how you feel since as a fan my alma mater has not lost to teams of this caliber.

Honestly, this is the worst thing I've experienced as my time as a fan in terms of a single loss. I've been to all the bad games: Toledo, App State and so on...this was the worst. It was the worst because it was against a rival, a rival that has beaten us like 7 of 8 times and the game was won. We were celebrating the win. In both the App State and Toledo game -- sure it was against an inferior opponent but we were trailing in those games with hope of scoring to win. This MSU game was won. We were up with 10 seconds left and needed a fundamental punt to end the game. We went from winning the game to a loss in an instant and there was nothing that could be done. Game over. It was terrible.

The ramifications of the other losses were worse. App State knocked our top 5 team out of the rankings and killed a national championship run. Toledo was just an indication of things to come -- our team was terrible. This MSU loss was the worst in the moment but at least our team is good again. Good enough to play 4 top 25 teams, destroy two, and lose to two top 10 teams by a TD or less and one on a fluke play. Our team is good again, so there is something to celebrate.

But I'd really like losses like this to stop happening. For once I'd like to see MSU or OSU lose on a fluke play instead. I'd like something like that to go our way.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's so ironic that the guy (or at least the special teams) that were seemingly the only reason Michigan was winning the game, was the same guy who blew it.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Some of the newer strains of marijuana are so powerful they can kill you...
especially with only seconds remaining and you don't fall on the bong to stop the crock"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so ironic that the guy (or at least the special teams) that were seemingly the only reason Michigan was winning the game, was the same guy who blew it.
He's a great punter. He had an 80 yard punt, the 2nd longest in Michigan history, in the same game. But most punters will fumble the ball at some point in their college careers. It's really unfortunate that this one happened when it did and that MSU was in position to return it for a TD.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this is the worst thing I've experienced as my time as a fan in terms of a single loss. I've been to all the bad games: Toledo, App State and so on...this was the worst. It was the worst because it was against a rival, a rival that has beaten us like 7 of 8 times and the game was won. We were celebrating the win. In both the App State and Toledo game -- sure it was against an inferior opponent but we were trailing in those games with hope of scoring to win. This MSU game was won. We were up with 10 seconds left and needed a fundamental punt to end the game. We went from winning the game to a loss in an instant and there was nothing that could be done. Game over. It was terrible.

The ramifications of the other losses were worse. App State knocked our top 5 team out of the rankings and killed a national championship run. Toledo was just an indication of things to come -- our team was terrible. This MSU loss was the worst in the moment but at least our team is good again. Good enough to play 4 top 25 teams, destroy two, and lose to two top 10 teams by a TD or less and one on a fluke play. Our team is good again, so there is something to celebrate.

But I'd really like losses like this to stop happening. For once I'd like to see MSU or OSU lose on a fluke play instead. I'd like something like that to go our way.

That's a very heartfelt and sad story. As an Indians fan, I'm familiar with the feelings that result from having the team you root for suffer a devastating loss. I know I've given you some shit over this loss, but after this post of yours, I really do feel badly for you.

Just kidding.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthedrunklibrarian.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2Fccz2u.gif