• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/ 2 GDT GIANTS @ reds

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2qmkv41.jpg

He reminds me of Oliver Miller a little bit I know it's a different sport there was a talented athlete that ate his way out of the NBA, it's a shame Panda didn't stay in shape after he slimmed down he's a major talent and should be paired alongside Buster for years to come but he's putting everything at risk.

Dinner Bell Mel Turpin was huge, back in the day.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know any better I would swear that nn had written some of the above posts. :)
Nobody is running away with the division although the dogs are sure getting confident. Cain and Bum are straight and if RV can come back from his time off and start pitching like he did on 21oct2012, you remember, 7 inn, 9k to get us to game 7 v the cards, things will turn around. Just a couple of weeks ago my coworkers were hanging their heads about the dogs, now they are on fire. Things can change in a hurry. I've seen Gerald carry this team for a month or more and he is starting to heat up so I'm not giving up hope.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know any better I would swear that nn had written some of the above posts. :)
Nobody is running away with the division although the dogs are sure getting confident. Cain and Bum are straight and if RV can come back from his time off and start pitching like he did on 21oct2012, you remember, 7 inn, 9k to get us to game 7 v the cards, things will turn around. Just a couple of weeks ago my coworkers were hanging their heads about the dogs, now they are on fire. Things can change in a hurry. I've seen Gerald carry this team for a month or more and he is starting to heat up so I'm not giving up hope.

Yeah, the spirit on NN lives! :doh:

The Dogs problem was injuries- HanRam, Grienke, Kemp, etc.

Our problem seems to be talent. We have MLB talent at C, SS, RF. Belt is OK as far as that goes. Panda has regressed, the CF and LF platooning is flat out awful at the bat. Moped I think is trying to tough it out, but his finger may bother him more than we know. And while the pitching ERA was 2.97 in June, it has been way too inconsistent. Timmy gave up a leadoff homer/double, and was down early tonight. We cannot win on the road. We cannot win the opening games of series. And the coaching staff seems as puzzled as anyone as to what to do about it. Take more pitches? Swing at the first pitch? Be patient? Be more aggressive?

Whatever pieces we have, have to work together in order to have a chance at winning. Right now, the parts are not working together. Cannot string together shut down innings. Cannot hold whatever leads we have late (JA!). Cannot string together hits to score runs.

Certainly, this is just an awful, awful stretch, to watch for us, and to participate in as players. An 8-2 streak like the Doggies and we'd be right there again. Trouble is, we were winning late and lucky (plucky) in April and early May, but that magic has way passed its expiration date. And if we don't figure it out in a hurry, this will be another wasted odd numbered year.

At least we are not desperate enough to sign Oswalt to our rotation, are we? Where is Bad Penny?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to look at the silver lining, whoever is behind on July 31 gets the waiver claim ... (considering an expensive Marlins pitcher ...).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really sucks but I'm also strating to think that maybe our uissues should not be centered on our SP. They have been Ok lately. The pen seems to be rather inconsistent. What really worries me is the damn hitting. Stokes has made a second career by posting just how shitty our offense really is. Wouldn't have matter who pitched last night ot the night before. Just not going to win without scoring. I love Panda and I still think of his 3 hr game last against Verlander but it's getting very stale now. At what point does he become a real injury risk? Does he even care at this point. Sure don't see any effort (or hear stories) about him trying to slim down. I'm also starting to think that the hitting 'strategy' is not Muellens but actually more in line with Bochy. All he ever seems to talk about is being agressive at the plate. You would think that having many many many 7-10 pitch innings would make you rethink that position or at least consider making some adjustments. We are not structured as a team that relies on a 3 run hr. We're much more in the small ball arena. That means you need to put some hits together and sprinkle in some walks and have an idea of how to run the bases. Things we seem to have forgotten how to do.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really sucks but I'm also strating to think that maybe our uissues should not be centered on our SP. They have been Ok lately. The pen seems to be rather inconsistent. What really worries me is the damn hitting. Stokes has made a second career by posting just how shitty our offense really is. Wouldn't have matter who pitched last night ot the night before. Just not going to win without scoring. I love Panda and I still think of his 3 hr game last against Verlander but it's getting very stale now. At what point does he become a real injury risk? Does he even care at this point. Sure don't see any effort (or hear stories) about him trying to slim down. I'm also starting to think that the hitting 'strategy' is not Muellens but actually more in line with Bochy. All he ever seems to talk about is being agressive at the plate. You would think that having many many many 7-10 pitch innings would make you rethink that position or at least consider making some adjustments. We are not structured as a team that relies on a 3 run hr. We're much more in the small ball arena. That means you need to put some hits together and sprinkle in some walks and have an idea of how to run the bases. Things we seem to have forgotten how to do.

Concur. I loved that Blanco made the team, and was happy that Towers was back. There is some speed there, but it is rarely used. Bochy continues to eschew the hit and run, the run and hit, the sac bunt, all the things that might change things up, get us out of this slump. I know it is not his style, and not what he prefers. But when you've scored an average of two runs a game for a few weeks, surely you cannot keep doing the same darn thing. Bochy does not seem to me to be in favor of manufacturing runs. He is loathe to give up outs.

This is not a fundamentally sound group of hitters. And face it, even if we went textbook in trying to manufacture runs, with this skid we are on, it will surely backfire.

OK, Bochy has two more WS trophies than I do. His head is larger, he has way more baseball savvy.