• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/14 GDT Zeets @ Cellar

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are 29-20 (.592)when committing no errors
Giants are 14-31 (.274)when committing errors

Giants are 28-15 (.651) when scoring first (not sure it matters if Zito is pitching)
Giants are 15-36 (.294) when the opposing team scores first.

Errorless ball

Score first, and often!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2011 and 2013 Giants ???

To be fair, we saw a lot of it during 2010, too. Just the elite pitching and the occasional homer helped out then

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I never see Zito and Kontos pitch in a Giants uniform again, it will be too soon. All the good feelings from the three game winning streak, and Timmeh's Nono? Evaporating like water on hot asphalt.

Surely, surely, surely, there has to be someone somewhere better than Zito. Or at least someone who can make road starts in his slot. He has been worse than awful on the road this season.

There is, and his name is Ryan Vogelsong.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is, and his name is Ryan Vogelsong.

This is probably what will happen, but it's amazing how quickly we shift our focus. Not very long ago it was Lincecum who HAD TO go to the pen/get dealt/definitely not be re-signed. A couple of good (and one epic) starts later and now it's 'let's give him a QO, hope we get him' for Tim and 'No way do we re-sign Zito for our 5th starter'. The reverse was the consensus here just a month ago.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably what will happen, but it's amazing how quickly we shift our focus. Not very long ago it was Lincecum who HAD TO go to the pen/get dealt/definitely not be re-signed. A couple of good (and one epic) starts later and now it's 'let's give him a QO, hope we get him' for Tim and 'No way do we re-sign Zito for our 5th starter'. The reverse was the consensus here just a month ago.

At least we are consistent in our myopia! Whoever is hot is a keeper. Whoever is struggling needs to go. Pure. Simple. Uncomplicated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I often think we are a fickle bunch, but then my opinion changes on that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we are consistent in our myopia! Whoever is hot is a keeper. Whoever is struggling needs to go. Pure. Simple. Uncomplicated.

Hey, we're fans, we get to bitch and moan however we want, and since we post every day we gotta have something to talk about (like sports talk radio hosts). But I'm glad the guys who actually make the decisions have an actual plan and a long term approach.

I wonder if there really would be a way to juggle starts so Zito only (or mostly) pitches at home, a kind of modified 6 man rotation? I know that's probably ridiculous but again, we have 4 days until the next Giants game, gotta talk about something...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we're fans, we get to bitch and moan however we want, and since we post every day we gotta have something to talk about (like sports talk radio hosts). But I'm glad the guys who actually make the decisions have an actual plan and a long term approach.

I wonder if there really would be a way to juggle starts so Zito only (or mostly) pitches at home, a kind of modified 6 man rotation? I know that's probably ridiculous but again, we have 4 days until the next Giants game, gotta talk about something...

Hank Schulman threw out a possible (long shot) scenario of this. Zito is scheduled to start a game in the double-header, then the Giants have 2 off-days before his next start in Philly. They could skip him there. His next start would be August 3rd in Tampa, maybe we see Volgy back by then? Then go with some sort of 6-man rotation from there on.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Schulman threw out a possible (long shot) scenario of this. Zito is scheduled to start a game in the double-header, then the Giants have 2 off-days before his next start in Philly. They could skip him there. His next start would be August 3rd in Tampa, maybe we see Volgy back by then? Then go with some sort of 6-man rotation from there on.

Exactly what I was thinking about...but as Hank said, a major long shot. If it was a video game you do it, but these are people, with routines, etc.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I never see Zito and Kontos pitch in a Giants uniform again, it will be too soon. All the good feelings from the three game winning streak, and Timmeh's Nono? Evaporating like water on hot asphalt.

Surely, surely, surely, there has to be someone somewhere better than Zito. Or at least someone who can make road starts in his slot. He has been worse than awful on the road this season.

I'm hoping that next year, it will be Eric Surkamp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that next year, it will be Eric Surkamp.

Surkamp has been throwing well in his rehab starts. I think he is a legit option for the #5 spot. Kick is also a competitor for the 5/6 spot.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surkamp has been throwing well in his rehab starts. I think he is a legit option for the #5 spot. Kick is also a competitor for the 5/6 spot.

I think Kickham needs another season in AAA. He just melted in the bigs, and has been unequal in his starts in AAA. But I've been rooting for Surkamp for 3-4 years now.