• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/14 GDT Chops @ Bum

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sky Rockets in Flight Afternoon Delight as the Giants explode for 10 runs

It was as hot as a 4th of July today at AT&T Park. The Giants bats exploded for 10 runs as the fireworks in their bats told the story on this May 14th. Many smiles again as the beer and bottled water was a plenty at the yard. Bumgarner was not his best but his teammates picked him up and lit up Braves pitching. After being down early on 2 runs in the first the Giants fought back like the team they have been all year. Pence was the star of the day driving in 3 runs on 4 hits. His HR in the first gave hope to the hometown 25 and to the fans. The 2 run HR was measured at 421 feet to the farthest reaches of the yard. Crawford followed with a single to score Sandoval that put the Giants ahead 3-2 and a comeback win would be on it's way to being true.

Sandoval is coming out of his funk as he had 2 hits and Blanco getting a start in center scored 3 huge runs in the 10-4 win. Colvin had 2 hits. Monster Mash Morse added a fireworks blast to deep left in the 6th and Crawford who was Co-MVP of the game had 3 hits including a 2 run blast in the 8th inning to put the game away.

Guiterrez , Machi, and Lopez put up 4 scoreless superb innings with special mention to Machi who threw 2 scoreless innings on his own.Even though Bumgarner did not have his best stuff giving up 4 ER over 5 innings the Simple Man got the win and is now 5-3 on the season.

It was a spectacular day at the Yard which provided more great memories for the 41,000 plus including myself . My beer and ice cream never tasted so good. Another day to remember watching the Band of Brothers do their thing and bring home another win and another series win. The team remains loose and together . Miami next up for the Giants. Cheers to the taste of victory.

Go Giants !! :amen:

:suds::clap::yahoo::thrasher::headbanger::peace:

on youtube...

Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Pence's homer.

He CRUSHED that ball. I know it was day time and very warm, but how often so you see right-handers go outta here to that part of the yard?! I can only think of Justin Upton a couple years ago.

Craw crushed his too.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by that assessment. I'm glad they won; they played like crap for the first five innings; Bum was not good

However, FYWW was awesome and dingers.

Dingers always equalize things. Just can't live on 'em.

Bum's PQS was three, so it wasn't a disaster. Felt like it though.

tzill, man, you're just not seeing how you come across on this. You jump on anyone who dogs the team here, then you do the same thing quite often. And you're going to invite some razzing about it.

That post of yours was textbook shattery, and you'd say the same if it was anyone else posting it.

You can stand by the assessment, but they did NOT 'deserve to lose', they played 9 innings and the first couple weren't great and the rest were. And they won easily by 6 runs. No pitcher is great every start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tzill, man, you're just not seeing how you come across on this. You jump on anyone who dogs the team here, then you do the same thing quite often. And you're going to invite some razzing about it.

That post of yours was textbook shattery, and you'd say the same if it was anyone else posting it.

You can stand by the assessment, but they did NOT 'deserve to lose', they played 9 innings and the first couple weren't great and the rest were. And they won easily by 6 runs. No pitcher is great every start.

tzill's OK in small doses on a board like this, but I could never work with a guy like that. No way.