• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/3 Disneyland @ Champs

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin', contract years have a way of focusing the mind.

Dude's working on going from Cy artist to junkballer. Doesn't always work but some people do it. Kid's only 30, and doesn't look like he's ready to take a Zito.

Very impressed today with my current favorite Giant since Pablo left, I was pretty 'embarassed' to still root for him.
Why embarassed? You can be critical of someone, and still like them. Still wish them well. Still root for them.

Heck, even tz was clearly rooting for the Giants last year, even if he did throw in the towel too early.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm dead wrong, but I can't see Broken Timmy getting 30 starts, keeping his ERA under 4.5, or being a factor in September.
The best way to quit an addiction is to stay away from it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the people who said I was wrong about Timmy tipping his pitches and was getting squeezed last game how ya like Timmy now?

I don't. He's broken. A 5 game SSS doesn't change that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin', contract years have a way of focusing the mind.

Dude's working on going from Cy artist to junkballer. Doesn't always work but some people do it. Kid's only 30, and doesn't look like he's ready to take a Zito.

Very impressed today with my current favorite Giant since Pablo left, I was pretty 'embarassed' to still root for him.

In the history of the game, nobody has ever gone from elite Cy status to complete crap for 2.5 seasons, to useful ML starter.

EVER.

He would be the first.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the history of the game, nobody has ever gone from elite Cy status to complete crap for 2.5 seasons, to useful ML starter.

EVER.

He would be the first.

This sounds a lot like your logic why the Giants had no shot at the playoffs last year. And I question the premise, I can't think no pitcher has gone from elite through a bad stretch to being simply useful. Colon maybe, off the top of my head?

Not saying it's a lock, but you have a tendency towards...overconfidence let's call it

Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds a lot like your logic why the Giants had no shot at the playoffs last year. And I question the premise, I can't think no pitcher has gone from elite through a bad stretch to being simply useful. Colon maybe, off the top of my head?

Not saying it's a lock, but you have a tendency towards...overconfidence let's call it

I read that about Timmah in the last few months; Grant Brisbee I think. It's true; there's no comp for a former Cy winner dropping below average and then becoming average again. I'll dig the ariticle out this weekend.

I didn't make it up.