• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@idseer Who are your favorite Notre Dame players that you were able to see? Angelo Bertelli? Johnny Lujack? The four horsemen?

you're hilarious!

my favs were huarte, patulski, montana, casper, zorich, floyd, pinkett, rice, bettis, the rocket, browner..... there are more but those guys are the ones that stick out in my mind. all time? john huarte!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're hilarious!

my favs were huarte, patulski, montana, casper, zorich, floyd, pinkett, rice, bettis, the rocket, browner..... there are more but those guys are the ones that stick out in my mind. all time? john huarte!

No Theismann? What about Paul Hornung? Or was he a little before your time?

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them get Alize Jones involved a little more in the redzone. I know he's a little "green", but he's 6'5" and was sold as a major match up problem for LB's, Safeties, etc. You'd think he could do some work down in the redzone. Kelly's supposed to be close with Belichek. Look at how the Patriots use Gronk in the redzone and see if we can draw up some of that action.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Theismann? What about Paul Hornung? Or was he a little before your time?

actually i did see hornung play. but i was pretty young and like knuteroc, i didn't really know players names. my dad and older brother (who went to nd) were into it and i was just along for the ride.

i never liked theismann (pronounced thees man).

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knute and Irish, you guys got to see some great Notre Dame teams. I'm still waiting to see one. I'm just hoping it's this season.

Well it's weird. In the late 70s when they won the NC with Montana I was really too young to have a sense of the importance of any of it. I just remember watching football from around 5-6 years old. I remember watching a MNF game that had the Raiders playing in it and I don't really recall what happened but some play went bad and I was so mad I spiked my football on the floor (room I was watching in was 2nd floor) and it bounced up and hit the 40 gallon fishtank and busted it and woooosh all the water goes pouring out... Oh my @ss got tanned for that.

Later on though as I began to get more involved with the Irish I remember thinking how blessed I felt to have witnessed and 'experienced' the NC season from '88, which is right before I went into the service and because of the media limitations back then, we didn't get much football in Europe on Armed Forces Network so I kind of missed 3 years. When I came back to the states it was towards the end of Lou's era but he had some really good teams. I felt like we had some pretty decent talent in the early nineties during Davie's era and even with Willingham. The Bush push during Weis' era happened on my birthday and I was pretty downed by that because I remember thinking, ok just don't let them march down the field and we should be good... and what happened!? Maybe I'm the jinxie!?

I think IDSeer probably had the best of it. Huarte was special, can't disagree with ID's choice on him. So many good names have come through, it's great to just honor them with our reverence so many years after they've played.

If I have to admit... I was never really a fan of Darius Walker or Claussen. I expect our guys to be sorta blue-collar, Fuller types, let your play on the field say all that needs to be said.

Mayes always impressed me with his hands and acrobatic catches, that's why I mentioned him, but he's certainly not the only one.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Zibby and I have a picture of my daughter with Brady Quinn. I loved that whole team, but I'm not afraid to say that my favorite ND wide receivers were 1). Jim Seymour 2). Pete Demerle 3). Tim Brown 4). Thom Gatewood 5). Rocket.
:thumb:

You old fart. :D

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

You old fart. :D

In order, those guys go as follows: oldest to most current.
1). Jim Seymour
2). Tom Gatewood
3). Pete Demmerle
4). Tim Brown
5). Rocket

But it's hard to argue with the old fart part.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order, those guys go as follows: oldest to most current.
1). Jim Seymour
2). Tom Gatewood
3). Pete Demmerle
4). Tim Brown
5). Rocket

But it's hard to argue with the old fart part.
Well, I always liked #85 also ... along with Browner.

Ahhh ... those memories growing up in South Bend and hearling Lindsay Nelson replays on Sunday mornings.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I always liked #85 also ... along with Browner.

Ahhh ... those memories growing up in South Bend and hearling Lindsay Nelson replays on Sunday mornings.

Seymour and Demmerle both wore #85. I wore 85 on my grade school team because of Seymour. We got the ND replay on Saturday night at 11:00 in addition to Sunday morning. My parents let me stay up to watch the saturday night replay and I never missed the Sunday morning replay.