• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-1

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson doesn't seem to me to have that knack for using his body to give himself space, like Eifert did so very well. I may be being a little harsh on the butterfingers but he's dropped some easy ones, so hands or concentration or both.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I guess I have to ask, who's the Receivers coach? I'd like to see some of these youngsters, maybe against BC or Wake we'll have the opportunity...

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've always got Equimineous St. Brown. He's also 6'4" and his name alone must mean he can catch.

Lol. I think we've all been waiting to see him. Just wondering when it'll be.

I personally like the pro style offense better (Charlie era). I'm not a big fan of spreading it out, with all these zone reads.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stovall is one my all time favorite ND receivers. Derrick Mayes is another. They caught everything, you never had the feeling when the ball was in the air that they didn't have a shot to come down with it.

Of course Floyd is in that mix too, but he's a total gem. I'm thinking more in terms of great college receivers who didn't necessarily translate to the NFL.

Samardzija is my favorite. I also think he was the most talented receiver we've had since Tim Brown

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija is my favorite. I also think he was the most talented receiver we've had since Tim Brown

I will get crap for this, but I always thought Samardjia was overrated. He was one of my favorite players on the team, and I got my kids 83 jerseys, but I never thought he had great hands, and think Floyd and Mayes were better. I think he knew his limitations which is why he picked baseball over football.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I think we've all been waiting to see him. Just wondering when it'll be.

I personally like the pro style offense better (Charlie era). I'm not a big fan of spreading it out, with all these zone reads.
Yup I been waiting. I think Kelly should start showing him a little and let him take some of Robinson snaps. I think whats happening also is that Brown and Hunter are starting to play better especially Brown. Plus TE Jones is starting to show what made him the #1 TE out of high school.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go with Floyd but Shark was right there. He just didn't have the speed and that's why he went to baseball. NFL would of been tough for him.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like Irish or purguy anymore.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get crap for this, but I always thought Samardjia was overrated. He was one of my favorite players on the team, and I got my kids 83 jerseys, but I never thought he had great hands, and think Floyd and Mayes were better. I think he knew his limitations which is why he picked baseball over football.

I don't think it was his limitations. More so, he was equally as good at baseball, so why subject yourself anymore to the brutal game of football? Plus that $10 million from the Cubs probably looked nice.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like Irish or purguy anymore.

Coming out against Samardjia is the Domer equivalent of coming out of the closet. Some people that love you will turn on you, others will support your right to state your position but will bad mouth you as soon as your back is turned. By saying it, I feel a great weight is lifted off my back.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out against Samardjia is the Domer equivalent of coming out of the closet. Some people that love you will turn on you, others will support your right to state your position but will bad mouth you as soon as your back is turned. By saying it, I feel a great weight is lifted off my back.

What's next? You don't like Zbikowski either?

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to agree, with the average years an average player gets in the NFL versus MLB, if you can do both, you're likely better off with MLB, especially from the standpoint of body wear and tear.

I like them all, each had their better attributes. It'd be really awesome to have 2 of them at the same time.

I totally agree with Pro-Style over spread insofar as how Kelly is running it. I don't mind a little West Coast style spread here and there but I've always been a little more old school. However, I do think the I formation can be easier to defend especially if you have good corners.

Really getting excited to see what Kelly can unleash for us this week, I know damn well he can come up with some nice wrinkles. That fake FG we ran against UVA was beautimus. More please.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's next? You don't like Zbikowski either?

I liked Zibby and I have a picture of my daughter with Brady Quinn. I loved that whole team, but I'm not afraid to say that my favorite ND wide receivers were 1). Jim Seymour 2). Pete Demerle 3). Tim Brown 4). Thom Gatewood 5). Rocket.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Zibby and I have a picture of my daughter with Brady Quinn. I loved that whole team, but I'm not afraid to say that my favorite ND wide receivers were 1). Jim Seymour 2). Pete Demerle 3). Tim Brown 4). Thom Gatewood 5). Rocket.

Mine are a little more recent, since I didn't see any of those guys.

Talking about all players, growing up I took a liking to Denson, Getherall, Julius Jones. But my favorites probably stem from those '05 and '06 teams like Zbikowski, Ndukwe, Samardzija, Quinn and Darius Walker. Most recently I'd say my favorite was Theo Riddick. Loved how he was willing to do anything for the team.

And I can match your coming out of the closet with Samardzija. I never thought Teo was all that good. Overrated

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@idseer Who are your favorite Notre Dame players that you were able to see? Angelo Bertelli? Johnny Lujack? The four horsemen?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can match your coming out of the closet with Samardzija. I never thought Teo was all that good. Overrated

Now you've gone too far. But honestly, as a younger fan, I dont know if you ever saw Ross Browner play. He was the best defensive player I ever saw at ND. I don't know anyone close to Browner. If you can find it, look at the first 5 minutes of the 1978 Cotton Bowl against Texas.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've gone too far. But honestly, as a younger fan, I dont know if you ever saw Ross Browner play. He was the best defensive player I ever saw at ND. I don't know anyone close to Browner. If you can find it, look at the first 5 minutes of the 1978 Cotton Bowl against Texas.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice dig there. I love just watching some of these old games now and then.

I saw Bettis when I was a kid (TV). Denson I saw live, got his autograph. I remember seeing Montana as a kid but I was 7, I just watched football, I wasn't that concerned with specific players until much later.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knute and Irish, you guys got to see some great Notre Dame teams. I'm still waiting to see one. I'm just hoping it's this season.