• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60 Million Dollar HS Stadium Doomed

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that and duct tape. the silver kind.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Texas and Oklahoma have been experiencing a major uptick in earthquake activity the last two years. Perhaps we have a suspect.

Oklahoma just recently had a 4.5 and that's unheard of around this part of the country.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Texas and Oklahoma have been experiencing a major uptick in earthquake activity the last two years. Perhaps we have a suspect.

Oklahoma just recently had a 4.5 and that's unheard of around this part of the country.

THIS ^^^^^^^ Freakin' Fracking!!!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health care suffers all over the country, yet there's piles of cash for this garbage. What a country.

While the rest of the country is sucking on Obama's teet, Texas's economy is thriving. The Lone Star State can afford to build bad ass high school stadiums like this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the rest of the country is sucking on Obama's teet, Texas's economy is thriving. The Lone Star State can afford to build bad ass high school stadiums like this.

:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Global warming:lol:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just bitter. Have to be one of the most bitter posters around. You are so mad at Texas, you cant see straight. I don't get it. I really don't.

Are you a product of the Univ of Nebraska education? Did you get your degree there? Are you a genius?

No, I attended Colorado School of Mines, I grew up in Nebraska. Not sure if I am a genius, but I have the ability to understand, break down, and solve complex problems.

You can thank TexasExes for my anti-Texas prejudices. Prior to 2008 I never cared about Texas. I was a member and poster on ESPn since 2001, but in 2008 I log into the Big 12 Boards, and what do I see? TexasExes, aka Orangebloods, aka FearBevo, aka FeartheFortyAcres, and numerous other aliases since he was banned every two weeks or so.

TexasExes spoke so many mis-truths on the ESPN boards I had had enough. So, I dug deeper into the goings on at Texas and countered him. TexasExes was so full of himself during the Texas run up to 2009, it was quite enjoyable to fling everything he said back at him in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. To think TexasExes works at a non-profit is rather shocking.

You Texas fans seems to think you all fart rainbows and unicorns, and you don't. Texas, just like all the major football schools, has a lot of dirt and does not like for it to be laundered. The problem for you Texas fans is that you really get offended and mad at me when most of the stuff I post is the truth, I would think you would rather be offended and mad at the University of Texas.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, at least now I can understand why I see these posts. Appreciate the backstory.

I don't think that the UT program is spotless, or much different than most of the other big programs. I do know that it is different than some; I'm proud of many things about it over the years, and not so proud about some of the others. Not sure really why I should be any more 'mad' at my university, than anyone else should be about theirs. You cant really tell me that Nebraska is really any different than Texas? That would make me think you think Nebraska's farts are rainbows.

I only have my perspective, why I see a lot of venom thrown Texas' way, from a number of different posters. Your explanation gives me a different perspective, and at least now I'm clued in, and will see future exchanges in a different light.

It's an important lesson concerning public message boards, that sometimes emotions get involved because of a history that I have no knowledge of, and thus should not get involved.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks in concrete can arise from poor design(architects), poor implementation(Construction crews), or piss poor concrete mixes(Concrete Company. When I worked construction we used to see poor concrete delivered all the time. No additives for strength like fiber even though ordered. Who knows who fucked up, but it I funny that a school has a 60 MILLION dollar football stadium.

Oh and lets not forget air temperature. Its hot in Texas. I see some heat cracking going on. General Contractor, and Architects, will have to fix this one. I agree with ya Fibermesh is a great way to go in the heat, along with some sprinklers keeping it cool at the same time.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks in concrete can arise from poor design(architects), poor implementation(Construction crews), or piss poor concrete mixes(Concrete Company. When I worked construction we used to see poor concrete delivered all the time. No additives for strength like fiber even though ordered. Who knows who fucked up, but it I funny that a school has a 60 MILLION dollar football stadium.

While their public school system K-12 is ranked 43 in the nation:laugh3:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and some actually, I kid you not, consider this guy a potential, real, candidate for president.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and some actually, I kid you not, consider this guy a potential, real, candidate for president.

The good news is he'll be out of office soon

The better news is he will run, and completely fail hilariously, when he actually has to open his mouth and speak for himself when he runs.

He's real good at reading an agenda from notes, IE Sarah Palin. But the MINUTE he has to come up with an original thought - like in the debates last election - hilarity ensues. His political career is coming to a very ugly end, and I will laugh my ass off when it happens

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, somedays all I seem to see is this anti-anything to do with Texas. So it's just one of those days I should log out, chill out.
Can this site get more pathetic with all the threads where the UT and Bama fans whine about how badly they get mistreated every day. You poor little babies. All your NCs and NC appearances compared to all of us who still get flipped shit (want to know the number of threads talking about UGa under-performing, having players suspended the first game of the year, and winning the pre-season NC every year?) and you think we give a shit that you are getting "picked on." Let UGa win 3 out of 5 NCs, and you can saying anything you fucking want to say, and I would reply "3 out of 5, jelly!" And, then I'd go look at all my NC memorabilia with a big fucking smile on my face. Grow some thick skin for gods sake.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can this site get more pathetic with all the threads where the UT and Bama fans whine about how badly they get mistreated every day. You poor little babies. All your NCs and NC appearances compared to all of us who still get flipped shit (want to know the number of threads talking about UGa under-performing, having players suspended the first game of the year, and winning the pre-season NC every year?) and you think we give a shit that you are getting "picked on." Let UGa win 3 out of 5 NCs, and you can saying anything you fucking want to say, and I would reply "3 out of 5, jelly!" And, then I'd go look at all my NC memorabilia with a big fucking smile on my face. Grow some thick skin for gods sake.

Ah, so it's ok to be a dick to people so long as they are successful.

Got it.

Oh, and then of course whine because people don't just sit back and take it. Nice.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got it. I mean one Bammer even said he was going to leave and it felt like he was losing one of his favorite places to visit because he can't handle the Saban talk. Christ, after all that happened at PSU if I were like them I'd have to leave, smash the computer with a sledgehammer and toss it into the incinerator.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i find sad is that they spent this kind of money for one school...period.

My son played for a high school team in Charlotte, NC that won 116 straight games and in the process won 7 or 8 straight State titles at the highest level in the state and they couldnt even get a new set of stands for the visiting side of the field, much less a 60 million dollar meca to honor their achievement duplicated by no other public high school ever. Only California De Lasalle(private school) has won more games in a row and i bet they play in a grand venue themselves.

I've heard everything is bigger in Texas, but what seems to be the biggest is the ego's.

:L

Was that Independence high school?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so it's ok to be a dick to people so long as they are successful.

Got it.

Oh, and then of course whine because people don't just sit back and take it. Nice.

th