• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60 Million Dollar HS Stadium Doomed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if you look farther up the thread, you'll see I agree with you.

Something about today, every thread I look at has someone bitching about Texas. Just got tired of it.
Everyone should find something else to bitch about.

Wait?!? I thought every thread bashed Alabama and Saban. That's what some of the Bammers tell us anyway!!:whistle:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, somedays all I seem to see is this anti-anything to do with Texas. So it's just one of those days I should log out, chill out.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if you look farther up the thread, you'll see I agree with you.

Something about today, every thread I look at has someone bitching about Texas. Just got tired of it.
Everyone should find something else to bitch about.

Welcome to the club, It has been open season this offseason on Alabama and Saban(as is most years recently). Glad to see another school, state or coach getting blasted for a change.

Dont worry, the Bama envy crowd will find another thing to whine about soon enough and this will blow over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the club, It has been open season this offseason on Alabama and Saban(as is most years recently). Glad to see another school, state or coach getting blasted for a change.

Dont worry, the Bama envy crowd will find another thing to whine about soon enough and this will blow over.

See, toldja!!:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait?!? I thought every thread bashed Alabama and Saban. That's what some of the Bammers tell us anyway!!:whistle:

:laugh3: We had 4 going the other day that were more than any other school and it seems to rotate that way alot in the offseason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: We had 4 going the other day that were more than any other school and it seems to rotate that way alot in the offseason.

:lol: I'm just enjoying USC being "off the radar" right now. As soon as we're back to full strength, we will be competing with you again for the "most hate threads" National Championship!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I'm just enjoying USC being "off the radar" right now. As soon as we're back to full strength, we will be competing with you again for the "most hate threads" National Championship!!

Doubt that, we not only hired Saban(most hated coach recently) He then had to go out and hire Kiffin to pile on the haters doubly thick. If this experiment fails we will not hear the end of this for a while. Kiffin better bring offense like no other Alabama teams have ever brought it or he is going to be sitting on a very hot seat quickly.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lane Kiffin firing caused a huge drop for USC in the Hate Thread Rankings for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt that, we not only hired Saban(most hated coach recently) He then had to go out and hire Kiffin to pile on the haters doubly thick. If this experiment fails we will not hear the end of this for a while. Kiffin better bring offense like no other Alabama teams have ever brought it or he is going to be sitting on a very hot seat quickly.

We'll have our work cut out for us, no doubt. But the hate was pretty strong during much of the PC era. So we'll see.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lane Kiffin firing caused a huge drop for USC in the Hate Thread Rankings for sure.

I agree but thrilled he went to Bama.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said elsewhere, got a little by rustled. Don't know why I can take criticism of Texas only so far, must have been that elementary school, Daughters of the Republic, and all that ingrained in my head.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i find sad is that they spent this kind of money for one school...period.

My son played for a high school team in Charlotte, NC that won 116 straight games and in the process won 7 or 8 straight State titles at the highest level in the state and they couldnt even get a new set of stands for the visiting side of the field, much less a 60 million dollar meca to honor their achievement duplicated by no other public high school ever. Only California De Lasalle(private school) has won more games in a row and i bet they play in a grand venue themselves.

I've heard everything is bigger in Texas, but what seems to be the biggest is the ego's.

:L

Your boy was on some of those Independence teams?? They're still pretty dominant. I've always marveled at how the city of Charlotte, almost by itself, can put out so many great QB's and other football players and yet all the D-I teams in the state act like they don't know what a football is.

If any one single NC school could put a lockdown on in-state recruiting, look out.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boy was on some of those Independence teams?? They're still pretty dominant. I've always marveled at how the city of Charlotte, almost by itself, can put out so many great QB's and other football players and yet all the D-I teams in the state act like they don't know what a football is.

If any one single NC school could put a lockdown on in-state recruiting, look out.

Yeah, he played all four years with Chris Leak(Florida Gator BCS title QB). They did a disservice to that team by building a high school less than 10 miles from them and redistricting that area. Messed up Butler and Independence and the run they had going. Now they are just good teams, but not great like they used to be. The coach of that great run they had has moved on to Dutch Fork in SC and has them in the playoffs every year now.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he played all four years with Chris Leak(Florida Gator BCS title QB). They did a disservice to that team by building a high school less than 10 miles from them and redistricting that area. Messed up Butler and Independence and the run they had going. Now they are just good teams, but not great like they used to be. The coach of that great run they had has moved on to Dutch Fork in SC and has them in the playoffs every year now.

Back in the 70's & 80's there used to be a lot more play between SC-NC schools. We played Charlotte Latin, Parkwood, Sun Valley, some other schools that i've forgotten. Schools from Mecklenberg, Union, Monroe, Gaston, York, Lancaster, Chesterfield all played each other at least once a year.

Also had an annual Jamboree called the Old Hickory Classic, four schools from each state, one quarter for each school, aggregate score wins. Those were always a lot of fun. Not sure they do it as much anymore.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the 70's & 80's there used to be a lot more play between SC-NC schools. We played Charlotte Latin, Parkwood, Sun Valley, some other schools that i've forgotten. Schools from Mecklenberg, Union, Monroe, Gaston, York, Lancaster, Chesterfield all played each other at least once a year.

Also had an annual Jamboree called the Old Hickory Classic, four schools from each state, one quarter for each school, aggregate score wins. Those were always a lot of fun. Not sure they do it as much anymore.

They did it a few years back in Rock Hill area and then it rotated to the Charlotte area for the last couple of years. I remember Independence and Butler being invited to play Burns and Rock Hill Northwestern among a few other teams from each state a while back. Willy Korn was the standout at Burns if I remember correctly and Indy and Butler handled him and his team pretty well.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PBK Architects claims it is not their fault.

Pogue Construction seems to have an ethics problem though.

Texas has more money for education than any other state. Yet, Texas produces more Vince Youngs than Academic All Americans.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just bitter. Have to be one of the most bitter posters around. You are so mad at Texas, you cant see straight. I don't get it. I really don't.

Are you a product of the Univ of Nebraska education? Did you get your degree there? Are you a genius?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you what you look like. If I spent my time on these boards, and every time something about Nebraska came up, I posted a mean, snarky remark. Then I'd be you.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to use some mighty putty.

Fix that shit right up.