• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #6 Ohio State at Iowa - 2:30 CT - ESPN

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now?

UGA is 9-0. OSU is 7-2 with 2 blowout losses. I'd say at the moment, UGA is better as a program.

But this ain't about UGA, this is about OSU.

go stick another chaw in your gumline and think harder, edison.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best team is the one that wins the BIG championship.

And right now, that's not looking like Ohio State or Penn State. I wouldn't be surprised if the B1G Championship is down to Michigan State and Wisconsin.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right now, that's not looking like Ohio State or Penn State. I wouldn't be surprised if the B1G Championship is down to Michigan State and Wisconsin.
And before the season I was feeling pretty confident we might make a bowl game. Now if we can somehow pull off another YUGE upset, we all but lock up the division.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before the season I was feeling pretty confident we might make a bowl game. Now if we can somehow pull off another YUGE upset, we all but lock up the division.
One bad week out of our past 7 hardly makes us not the favorite. If we scheme appropriately, there's 0 reason we shouldn't win by 17+ against our final 3 opponents. On paper, nothing about Michigan State is scary to OSU, for good reason.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see which JT shows up saturday.

That's what it comes down to. When Barrett plays good, usually the entire teams does good. When he plays bad, that's not a good sign for the Buckeyes.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad week out of our past 7 hardly makes us not the favorite. If we scheme appropriately, there's 0 reason we shouldn't win by 17+ against our final 3 opponents. On paper, nothing about Michigan State is scary to OSU, for good reason.

You're right, on paper, nothing about MSU is scary. But that's why the game isn't played on paper. Michigan State has beaten Iowa and Penn State. Ohio State looked sluggish in Week 1, lost in week 2, dominated against the crap teams on their schedule and lost the minute they played a good team again in Iowa. Sorry but I don't have lots of confidence in Ohio State winning by more than 1 TD against Michigan State. OSU will demolish Illinois, but Michigan has surged back to be a threat. If Michigan beats Wisconsin after Wisconsin beats Iowa, watch out Buckeyes.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State is 1-2 against against P5 teams with a winning record. I wouldn't take MSU for granted.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, on paper, nothing about MSU is scary. But that's why the game isn't played on paper. Michigan State has beaten Iowa and Penn State. Ohio State looked sluggish in Week 1, lost in week 2, dominated against the crap teams on their schedule and lost the minute they played a good team again in Iowa. Sorry but I don't have lots of confidence in Ohio State winning by more than 1 TD against Michigan State. OSU will demolish Illinois, but Michigan has surged back to be a threat. If Michigan beats Wisconsin after Wisconsin beats Iowa, watch out Buckeyes.
Wait, wait. You're going to dock OSU points for killing everyone between Oklahoma and Penn State because they were "crap teams", but you're going to say michigan has "surged back to be a threat" because they've beaten 2 horrible teams by far less than what OSU was beating these sort of teams by? That's a load of shit, and you sound like you haven't truly watched any games. Also, are you intentionally skipping over the fact that we beat Penn State when you say we "lost the minute we played a good team again in Iowa"? Again, that's shit. .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is 1-2 against against P5 teams with a winning record. I wouldn't take MSU for granted.
Ok? I've already said if we scheme the way we should, we'll beat them soundly. Do you argue that point?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you quoted me, I said that it would have to be a huge upset for Michigan State to win. Last I check, we are a 15.5 point underdog. I joke around about us coming to get you but I fully expect us to lose by 10-14 points. I'm sure Michigan and Penn State fans said there was nothing scary about Michigan State either.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, they should dominate MSU like Penn State and Iowa did, right?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok? I've already said if we scheme the way we should, we'll beat them soundly. Do you argue that point?

Ohio State can scheme fine, and it could still be a close game. I'll admit the scheme sucked against Iowa, but you also lost by 30, so even a good scheme still could have resulted in a loss.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait. You're going to dock OSU points for killing everyone between Oklahoma and Penn State because they were "crap teams", but you're going to say michigan has "surged back to be a threat" because they've beaten 2 horrible teams by far less than what OSU was beating these sort of teams by? That's a load of shit, and you sound like you haven't truly watched any games. Also, are you intentionally skipping over the fact that we beat Penn State when you say we "lost the minute we played a good team again in Iowa"? Again, that's shit. .

Every team gets docked points because they play crap teams. Look as Wisconsin. Look at UCF. Look at Washington. They could all be higher in the standings if they didn't have shitty schedules.

Michigan looked like a shit show, but their defense and offense as stepped up the last 2 weeks. OSU looked good against Penn State, they looked like shit against Iowa. They looked like shit against OU as well. I don't have much confidence in OSU beating Michigan State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you quoted me, I said that it would have to be a huge upset for Michigan State to win. Last I check, we are a 15.5 point underdog. I joke around about us coming to get you but I fully expect us to lose by 10-14 points. I'm sure Michigan and Penn State fans said there was nothing scary about Michigan State either.
I think I meant to quote you and say something different, my bad.