• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6/30 GDT REDS @ GIANTS

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game by Latos. Tip yer cap and move on. Hope Tron pitches well tomorrow.

Good game by Latos. I hate the man, but he pitched well.

It may just be me, and it may be the frustration of unpacking boxes after moving, but the Giants seem to be one of the weakest hitting teams in MLB.

While they are 10th in overall batting average (.261), they are almost last in hitting with RISP (.225). For a team that doesn't hit a lot of home runs, this is a serious concern.

An oppo example is the White Sox, who are hitting .257 as a team, but are hitting an insane .294 with RISP.

The Giants are (-.036) with RISP and the White Sox are (+.037).

Of course, the Sox do not have anything close to our pitching, so there is that. But Noggin/Sabes must find a way to get some of these hitters to be more clutch.

Leche is hitting a wonderful .350, but is only hitting .298 with RISP. (-.052) with an RBI every 8.18 AB's

Panda is hitting .307, but is only hitting .273 with RISP. (-.034) with an RBI every 6.64 AB's

Posey is hitting .296, but is only hitting .271 with RISP. (-.025) with an RBI every 6.25 AB's

In contrast, Chez3 is hitting .264, but hitting .306 with RISP. (+.042) with an RBI every 5.00 AB's

Josh Hamilton is driving a run at a ridiculous pace, every 3.94 AB's. His .316 average is topped by his .343 average with RISP (+.027)

I am going to have to look into this some more, as I am sure that for most players, BA with RISP is less than BA without. But still, we want guys to step up and drive in runs when they have the opportunity.

End of rant, back to boxes.

Last edited by a moderator: