• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 6.2.15 Moxie's reverse jinx fails, Yanks batter King Felix, Rock can't wait 4 hockey season

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, i know what you mean. SOME models you have to have the dealer reprogram the PC when you replace the battery. not this one.

"
these cars do not need Genuine Authorized Official Branded BMWBatteries, nor do they need to be coded into the car's 'puter. Just get the adequate replacement and pop it right in. Peruse the Wiki (link at top of page) for details on what to get, look in the "Electrical systems going whack?" section. Two things to remember:
  • The battery has to be of the vented type AND the vent connected to the vent tube. You do not want a buildup of explosive hydrogen gas in your trunk (even though the devious might get funny ideas about GF replacement strategies...).
  • When tightening down the terminals, do not overdo it. The nut tightens a T shaped piece which can snap if overdone. And you cannot purchase just the T so you end up either doing some weird workaround or purchasing an expensive new terminal.
Oh, and the car will forget some things when you disconnect the battery, like the seat and mirror positions if you have memory seats, the throttle adaptation, etc., which it will have to relearn afterwards."

That's cool. That's exactly what I was thinking. If it's hooked to the car's computer, they fuck you in the ass to change the battery.

Personally, I prefer Audis, but that does look like a great price on a relatively low-mileage car. Cosmetically, is it in good shape?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. That's exactly what I was thinking. If it's hooked to the car's computer, they fuck you in the ass to change the battery.

Personally, I prefer Audis, but that does look like a great price on a relatively low-mileage car. Cosmetically, is it in good shape?
tip top. even the leather is crack free.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went back to Jeep last fall. I fucking love it so far.

What did you buy?
I felt pretty sure that I was going to pick up a Cherokee when I first read about the new model, but the test drive was not what I expected. The moronic salesmen sure didn't help.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This reminds me that I need to check on my battery, replaced the absolute POS OEM one with a MalWart model that cold cranked SO much better. But, I never felt comfortable with the spot I found for the front battery hook and try to remember to check it every time I open the hood to make sure it's not loose.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went back to Jeep last fall. I fucking love it so far.
i got an 02 cherokee, 112k miles on it, got her for 5300.00

i needed something quickly, so i got this after a test drive....and luckily had the 4 WD for this past winter.

now the heads gone, the exhaust is rotted off, and i think my rear transfer case is cooked...and i have 136k on it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you buy?
I felt pretty sure that I was going to pick up a Cherokee when I first read about the new model, but the test drive was not what I expected. The moronic salesmen sure didn't help.

What didn't you like about the test drive? I got the Cherokee Trailhawk. Configured like this:

24bc6c0d596c3bdf3950574f6446ccf2.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got an 02 cherokee, 112k miles on it, got her for 5300.00

i needed something quickly, so i got this after a test drive....and luckily had the 4 WD for this past winter.

now the heads gone, the exhaust is rotted off, and i think my rear transfer case is cooked...and i have 136k on it.

Hell yes. I think in this area - any yours - A/4WD is necessary.

Not a bad deal. Having the warranty on the BMW would be huge.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What didn't you like about the test drive? I got the Cherokee Trailhawk. Configured like this:

24bc6c0d596c3bdf3950574f6446ccf2.jpg

Looks nice!
Just didn't feel peppy enough to me...the salesman factor was that I told him I wanted to try it in "Sport" mode and he swore that was just for climbing rocks and that I'd better not mess up his car on the highway by using it!
When I told him after the drive that the power didn't impress me, he said it HAD to be better than my four banger RAV4! I mentioned it had a 270HP V6, and he and his buddy just laughed and slapped their knees. That was my cue to finally get out of there.
Of course, now there are plenty of things about my Turbaru that I don't like, so maybe I should have tried the Cherokee again at a dealership with fewer morons. Or bought the Acura RDX, or...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks nice!
Just didn't feel peppy enough to me...the salesman factor was that I told him I wanted to try it in "Sport" mode and he swore that was just for climbing rocks and that I'd better not mess up his car on the highway by using it!
When I told him after the drive that the power didn't impress me, he said it HAD to be better than my four banger RAV4! I mentioned it had a 270HP V6, and he and his buddy just laughed and slapped their knees. That was my cue to finally get out of there.
Of course, now there are plenty of things about my Turbaru that I don't like, so maybe I should have tried the Cherokee again at a dealership with fewer morons. Or bought the Acura RDX, or...

That's a dipshit. The sport setting is not for rocks. It's for sportier driving.

There's two engines, a 2.4L and 3.2L. I've got the 3.2, and while I wouldn't compare it to my old sports cars, it's got 270+ HP and Car & Driver has it at 7.2sec 0-60. Moves pretty good. Plus, its offroad capabilities are ridiculous.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a dipshit. The sport setting is not for rocks. It's for sportier driving.

There's two engines, a 2.4L and 3.2L. I've got the 3.2, and while I wouldn't compare it to my old sports cars, it's got 270+ HP and Car & Driver has it at 7.2sec 0-60. Moves pretty good. Plus, its offroad capabilities are ridiculous.

Yeah, I knew he was wrong about the sport setting, but it was "his" car and not mine so I didn't mess with it. Might have liked the feel better in sport, I was test driving the V6 and would not have even considered the 4.

The Forester goes like hell after about half a second, but that half a second drives me nuts...missed the lag on the test drive. Turning off trac control helps a bit, as does a tiny bit of rollout...word is the lag may be due more to the CVT (no manual offered) than the turbo. Basically the same engine as in the WRX (STI still uses the old 2.5l for now), but not tuned as much for performance. Different places peg the 0-60 at about 6.2-6.4 secs, but that's with doing a brake stand like a professional test driver is likely to do with a car that he doesn't have to drive to work the next day.
I did manage to blow the doors off an older WRX that looked like a tuner, but I think I either surprised him or he missed a shift. He was challenging me by revving the engine and hopping forward at the light, but I just laughed and didn't make eye contact...the funny part was he didn't want to pull up next to me further down the road, lagged way back like he was embarrassed. I would expect that he would have crushed me with effort and proper driving.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like it? I had a Subaru a few cars back, but it was the WRX. I liked it.

Do like the big sunroof a lot, and the AWD system is great. Just miss the way the RAV6 jumped when I touched the gas. And buying regular...

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. I think my WRX was in the mid-5s.

I don't really drive fast anymore, which is part of the reason I went back to an SUV.

Sounds right...I think the extreme tuners get into the 4s with WRXs that probably need an overhaul every thousand miles and run on E85.
Guy I know bought a new STI and likes it, but he's about 6 inches shorter than me and has other vehicles for hauling stuff...my car has to do everything for me. Sat in a WRX in '06 and it clearly just would not have worked for me, but maybe the new ones are bigger...?

I'm hoping that maybe when I'm pushing 60 I might actually grow the fuck up and stop having to go to defensive driving classes.