• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 6.15.15 Boston, we suck. Jays are hot & other baseball stuff.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to decide who to pick as a cheap SP tonight. I was initially thinking of Tim Hudson at home against the M's, but I'm now leaning toward Carlos Rodon at Pirates. Any thoughts?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to decide who to pick as a cheap SP tonight. I was initially thinking of Tim Hudson at home against the M's, but I'm now leaning toward Carlos Rodon at Pirates. Any thoughts?

Not a ^ rhetorical question, by the way!

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally there is something about the Padres to talk about in the daily thread, Hammer should be happy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, i know...its not the REAL rock but its 2nd best...

The Rock Sideswipes Wakefield Mans Truck CBS Boston

News
‘The Rock’ Sideswipes Wakefield Man’s Truck
June 15, 2015 3:16 PM
Share on email4

View Comments
the-rock-wakefield.jpg

“The Rock” and Audie Bridges (Photo credit Audie Bridges)

WAKEFIELD (CBS) — It’s hard to get mad about a fender-bender when “The Rock” is at fault.

That was the case last month, when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson sideswiped a pickup truck belonging to a Wakefield man.

Johnson recounted the incident Monday on hisInstagram account. He said he was blasting music and having a “one man party” in his own truck when he heard a “BANG.”

The minor crash took off the side mirror of a truck parked in the street.

Johnson said his first thought was, “someone’s not gonna be happy.”

But it was no big deal to Wakefield’s Audie Bridges, after learning who was involved.

“He broke out into a huge smile and said ‘Wow, this is gonna be an awesome story!’” Johnson recounted, sharing a photo of himself and Bridges next to the damaged truck.

Bridges posted about the incident on his own Facebook page, saying that it happened on Chestnut Street on May 7.

“Guess who I ran into today…or should I say who ran into me?” he wrote.

"Here's a fun story to start your week off... I'm driving to set in my pick up truck - music blasting - I'm singing away like I'm having a one man party in my truck - then I hear a loud BANG. What the hell..? Look in my rear view and see I sideswiped another pick up that was parked in the street and destroyed the side mirror. First thing I thought was, "Aw shit.. someone's not gonna be happy..". I flipped a U-turn and drove back to scene. Just as I got out of my truck a guy was walking across the street to his truck. I said "Sir, is this your truck?". He stopped and stared at me for a good 5 seconds, looked around his neighborhood, looked back at me and "Yes it is. Why?". I said "Well, sorry to tell ya I sideswiped it and knocked the hell outta your mirror and may have done even more damage. You give me your info and I'll leave you mine and I'll take care of everything". He stared at me again, cocked his head sideways and said.."Uhhh.. Are you The Rock?". I said "Yup". He broke out into a huge smile and said "Wow, this is gonna be an awesome story!". I started belly laughing at that, then he started laughing and before you know it we're both standing in the middle of the street pointing to his mirror and laughing like two ol' crazy buddies. I checked back in with him a few days later and he refused to accept any money and said he fixed the damage himself. Want to thank Mr. Audie Bridges of Wakefield, Mass. for being so cool about the whole thing. Life is funny cause you never know who you're gonna run into... and sure as hell never know who's truck you're gonna sideswipe while driving to work."

Johnson said Bridges refused to accept any compensation for the damage and Johnson thanked him “for being so cool about the whole thing.”

“Life is funny cause you never know who you’re gonna run into… and sure as hell never know who’s truck you’re gonna sideswipe while driving to work,” Johnson said.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson said Bridges refused to accept any compensation for the damage and Johnson thanked him “for being so cool about the whole thing.”

What a dumoss!!! Take that sombich to court, he's worth thousands!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Celebrities can smash up my shit as long as they pose for a picture with me!"
--Smart People

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumoss!!! Take that sombich to court, he's worth thousands!
you see celebrities in mass all the fucking time now for movies. a friend of mine watched most of the filming of "black mass".

a girl i work with ran into matthew mcconaughey literally around the corner from my apartment. he was at a gas station...where he also filmed. this time, he was just buying a soda and gassing up. (sea of trees was mostly filmed in my town and neighboring douglas. the dirdctor said the terrain was identical to the base of mt fuji where the movie is based). a girlfriend of hers literally rented her house to him for the shoot. it met his rental criteria.

i watched a lot of "american hustle" being filmed while ripping bong hits at my friends top floor apartment on shrewsbury street in worcester. they made it look like newark NJ in the 70's. pretty cool.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That story exemplifies the meaning of "star struck".

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see celebrities in mass all the fucking time now for movies. a friend of mine watched most of the filming of "black mass".

a girl i work with ran into matthew mcconaughey literally around the corner from my apartment. he was at a gas station...where he also filmed. this time, he was just buying a soda and gassing up. (sea of trees was mostly filmed in my town and neighboring douglas. the dirdctor said the terrain was identical to the base of mt fuji where the movie is based). a girlfriend of hers literally rented her house to him for the shoot. it met his rental criteria.

i watched a lot of "american hustle" being filmed while ripping bong hits at my friends top floor apartment on shrewsbury street in worcester. they made it look like newark NJ in the 70's. pretty cool.

That's awesome. I think I remember seeing a film crew once in New York.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dearest Hu,

The Mets have recently discussed moving Noah Syndergaard to the bullpen and calling up Matz, Mike Puma of the NY Post reports.
Spin:
Syndergaard would be used to set up Jeurys Familia while Matz would slide into Syndergaard's rotation spot. The Mets have struggled to find a bridge to Familia and Syndergaard's high-90s fastball and 'hook from hell,' could fill that spot. This is far from a done deal, as both Syndergaard and Matz profile starting pitchers, so view this as an outside possibility for the time being.

the mets are talking about doing that later this year to extend him so he won't reach his innings limit so soon.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mets are talking about doing that later this year to extend him so he won't reach his innings limit so soon.

He's only lasted ten innings in his last two starts and he faces Toronto tonight, so that might also help keep his innings in check.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Yoga, how about an avatar bet! If my BELOVED Blue Jays win the four-game set, I'll pick your avatar for a week, but if the Mets somehow win it, you can pick a Mets avatar for me for a week?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only lasted ten innings in his last two starts and he faces Toronto tonight, so that might also help keep his innings in check.

we shall see, bro.......we shall see....
and there's also the angle of him being "overdue" for a quality outing of 7innings or more....

YGB!!!

LGM!!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Yoga, how about an avatar bet! If my BELOVED Blue Jays win the four-game set, I'll pick your avatar for a week, but if the Mets somehow win it, you can pick a Mets avatar for me for a week?

Nah...I'll puff puff...Pass

:D

btw...who did you lose to?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit harsh - this weekend was SD's first series loss since May 24th and it came vs. the second-best record in the majors. Tough biz.

Well....he's had a looooong leash in SD. Especially with nobody caring for many years. But now that they are spending some real cash, they are expecting some results.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see, bro.......we shall see....
and there's also the angle of him being "overdue" for a quality outing of 7innings or more....

YGB!!!

LGM!!!

True. I picked him up on my fantasy team the day before he made his MLB debut. I am not starting him tonight, but I hope that he does rebound.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your league values strikeouts, take Rodon. Hard to get excited about Hudson at this point anyway....