• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 reasons the Dallas Cowboys will win the NFC East in 2016

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper sucked ass, always has, if you open your damn eyes, you'd see the role Beasley holds in Dallas.
Now go Defend the Brand TROLL.

And even saying RileyCooper sucks is defending the brand? Gotcha!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Beasley have 1/2 the season Copper had? And I agree, Cooper sucks. I just never seen a 400 yard two TD guy get so much love. If Dallas had a playmaking #3 they'd be lethal there are 1000 guys on the street who could catch dump off passes fo:Lr 7 yards with a great OLine, great QB, HOF TE and an all pro WR I front of them. If they had the Cards #3 he'd put up 1000+ and 10 TDs.
:L:L:L Well for one thing Beasley plays the slot Cooper outside. Beasley is used as an outlet, and he plays that position very well.
Here's some free football information. Every WR position isn't the same.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L Well for one thing Beasley plays the slot Cooper outside. Beasley is used as an outlet, and he plays that position very well.
Here's some free football information. Every WR position isn't the same.

I just think Dallas would be a lot more dynamic with a threat in the slot, not a dump off guy. He does have great hands and is shifty but I think he holds back the offense big time. It's an O loaded with studs but not a juggernaut. He is severely limited on my opinion. I'd want my slot WR to be more than 7 yards and a pile of dust.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Dallas would be a lot more dynamic with a threat in the slot, not a dump off guy. He does have great hands and is shifty but I think he holds back the offense big time. It's an O loaded with studs but not a juggernaut. He is severely limited on my opinion. I'd want my slot WR to be more than 7 yards and a pile of dust.
I'm a lot more concerned with the other outside receiver than Beasley. I'd think you'd be more concerned with the Eagles than the Cowboys but we all know that's not true.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a lot more concerned aboutPhilly cause they have about 1/2 the talent as Dallas. Nice try at deflecting the discussion. Sproles would be incredible in that roll for Dallas. That's exactly what I'm saying about Beasley. Imagine what a Sproles type could do with all that fire power in front of him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a lot more concerned aboutPhilly cause they have about 1/2 the talent as Dallas. Nice try at deflecting the discussion. Sproles would be incredible in that roll for Dallas. That's exactly what I'm saying about Beasley. Imagine what a Sproles type could do with all that fire power in front of him.
Sprites is under contract with another team, he's not an option. Come on I'd think this would be simple to understand.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm not to impressed with your talent evaluation, you banged the Philly had a great line last season, how'd that work out?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm not to impressed with your talent evaluation, you banged the Philly had a great line last season, how'd that work out?

Go look at that thread. Both you and Jarntt are/were confused. I said the 2014 OLine was top and it was. One site ranked them as the #1 run blocking unit. Get my points correct before you post wrong crap. I said they'd be fine in 2015 after losing 2 Guards and I was wrong.

I like how you can't stick to the discussion.. But you always do that when you get schooled.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sprites is under contract with another team, he's not an option. Come on I'd think this would be simple to understand.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. The point is I feel this O would be lethal with a multi faceted #3 and not a dump off guy. Someone who could take a dump off pass and turn it into a 60 yard play. Beasley is extremely limited. Many teams get huge plays from their slot guy and aren't settling for 7 yards. That's all Dallas will ever get from him and I think it keeps a good O from being great.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have put their resources into QB, WR1, TE, TB, and the O-Line, but hey! Let's attack the #10 guy on the offense.
The Eagles put their resources into QB1, QB2, and QB3. Good luck with that.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will go from worst to first in the NFC East after finishing 4-12 last season.
Tom Pennington/Getty Images
By Cameron DaSilvaMay 24, 2016 at 10:00a ET

After finishing 12-4 in 2014 and coming within a Dez Bryant catch of the NFC Championship game, the Dallas Cowboys did a complete 180-degree turn in 2015. They ended the year 4-12 in what was one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Dallas was 31st in points per game and 29th in point differential. The main reason for that? Injuries to Bryant, Tony Romo and Orlando Scandrick. No one in their right mind predicted the Cowboys to go 4-12 last season. Why? Because all three of those stars were expected to be healthy, just as they will be this season. As a result, the will Cowboys go from worst to first in the NFC East and become Super Bowl contenders.

Here are five reasons why they're the team to beat in the division.

1. The return of Romo, Bryant and Scandrick

With all three players on the field, the Cowboys were 12-4 in 2014. Without them for much of the 2015 season, Dallas was 4-12. That's no coincidence, and while DeMarco Murray played a big role in the team's success two years ago, Romo, Bryant and Scandrick as a whole were much more important. With all three returning from their respective injuries, the Cowboys can expect to take a huge step forward and see better production on both offense and defense. Had all three stayed healthy, they likely would have won the very mediocre NFC East last season. Their absences led to a putrid offense that couldn't score any points and a defense that was forced to move rookie Byron Jones around the entire secondary. With Scandrick back, Jones will be a full-time safety, where he'll thrive. There may not be a player more important to the defense than Scandrick.

2. Ezekiel Elliott

The Cowboys shocked a few people when they took Ezekiel Elliott fourth overall in the draft, but it makes sense. Dallas had arguably the best run game in the league two years ago with Murray in the backfield, and Elliott may very well be a better back than Murray. Expectations are sky high for the rookie running behind the NFL's best offensive line, and it's very likely that he'll eclipse 1,200 yards in his first year. Additionally, he's the best blocking running back on the Cowboys' roster, which makes him a valuable three-down player and helps protect Romo in the pocket. If Dallas returns to its ground-and-pound form from 2014 when they won the division, the Cowboys will certainly be the team to beat in the NFC East. Look for Elliott to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, and it won't even be close. He's that good.

3. The rest of the NFC East is untrustworthy

There's a reason why no team has repeated as division champs in the NFC East since the Eagles did it in 2004: These teams are hard to trust. Kirk Cousins had a great year in 2015, but it was his first year as a full-time starter. Can he really be expected to replicate those numbers once again? The Giants spent a lot in free agency, but will it solve their defensive woes from recent years? And the Eagles may think Sam Bradford is their starting quarterback, but it's doubtful he'll remain such for all 16 games. The Cowboys have the most talented roster in the division, it's just a matter of them putting it to good use and closing out football games, as they've struggled to do in recent years. When you have the division's best quarterback, running back, offensive line, and possibly wide receiver, you're going to win a lot of games.

4. The offensive line

Speaking of that offensive line that's littered with first-round talent, the Cowboys not only have the NFC East's best O-line, they have the NFL's top line. Tyron Smith struggled at times against Olivier Vernon last season, but he's the most consistent player on Dallas' roster. La'el Collins is the full-time starter at left guard and should thrive as a road-grading run blocker who's gained experience as a pass blocker, too. As long as the offensive line stays healthy and intact for all 16 games, the Cowboys will almost certainly have the league's top rushing attack and Romo will get a lifetime to throw in the pocket, as he typically does. Games are won in the trenches, and Dallas has that covered on offense.

5. The defense will be better than expected

The biggest addition to the defense this season was Ezekiel Elliott. Wait, what? "But he plays offense." This is true, but the defense will benefit greatly from his presence. With Murray running it 25-plus times a game two years ago, the defense was rarely on the field. Dallas led the league in time of possession in 2014, averaging 32:51 per game, which takes a great deal of pressure off of the defense. Furthermore, the aforementioned Scandrick is back in the fold at cornerback. Morris Claiborne is healthy and coming off of the best season of his disappointing career, and while Brandon Carr hasn't lived up to his contract, he's solid week in and week out. Sean Lee completely changes the defense when he's patrolling the middle of the field, and with Jones moving to safety full-time, the Cowboys finally have a rangy free safety on the backend. It's the defensive line that has several question marks thanks to the suspensions of starting pass rushers Randy Gregory and DeMarcus Lawrence

...but Jerry Jones.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have put their resources into QB, WR1, TE, TB, and the O-Line, but hey! Let's attack the #10 guy on the offense.
The Eagles put their resources into QB1, QB2, and QB3. Good luck with that.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm not attacking Dallas at all. They are much better then Philly but it would be easy and inexpensive to upgrade at #3. I'm going after the fans who were going on and on about how good Cole Beasley is. When I said he wasn't that good they were pissed. Maybe you should do some research before assuming.

I'd be glad to have a discussion with you about all that's wrong in Philly. But you don't hear me saying how good mediocre players out of Philly are.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. The point is I feel this O would be lethal with a multi faceted #3 and not a dump off guy. Someone who could take a dump off pass and turn it into a 60 yard play. Beasley is extremely limited. Many teams get huge plays from their slot guy and aren't settling for 7 yards. That's all Dallas will ever get from him and I think it keeps a good O from being great.
Didn't you JUST bring that Sproles would be better for Dallas than Beasley? If that's not what you meant why the FUCK did you even mention him. Oh nevermind your talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm not attacking Dallas at all. They are much better then Philly but it would be easy and inexpensive to upgrade at #3. I'm going after the fans who were going on and on about how good Cole Beasley is. When I said he wasn't that good they were pissed. Maybe you should do some research before assuming.

I'd be glad to have a discussion with you about all that's wrong in Philly. But you don't hear me saying how good mediocre players out of Philly are.
Cole does his job very good, tell you what most if not all Cowboy fans are happy with Cole, your the "Eagle" fan who takes issue. Come on tell the truth, you have changed team alliances to the Cowboys, but you afraid to openly say it, because of your BULLSHIT rants about us Cowboy fans bot being from Dallas.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way PE1, I have a question for you, granted this is the wrong board because it's a political question. Since you are a Democrat who feels we should help the less capable, why did you put in multiple Vegas bets to avoid the taxes that could have helped those you claim we should help?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you JUST bring that Sproles would be better for Dallas than Beasley? If that's not what you meant why the FUCK did you even mention him. Oh nevermind your talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

I was giving examples. I also said Floyd from AZ. I wasn't at all saying Dallas needs to specifically get Sproles. I was saying they would be incredible with a 3 who is explosive and a big play threat. Why is that hard to understand. You attack meaningless parts of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving examples. I also said Floyd from AZ. I wasn't at all saying Dallas needs to specifically get Sproles. I was saying they would be incredible with a 3 who is explosive and a big play threat. Why is that hard to understand. You attack meaningless parts of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
So why name players who are not options. Fried constantly demanded Dallas should replace Romo with players under contract, we all considered him a blowhard idiot. Give legit replacements or STFU.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way PE1, I have a question for you, granted this is the wrong board because it's a political question. Since you are a Democrat who feels we should help the less capable, why did you put in multiple Vegas bets to avoid the taxes that could have helped those you claim we should help?

Because I think billion dollar businesses who are tax exempt or write off absolutely ridiculous deductions are the ones who should be getting heavily taxed. The average person making $50,000 a year pays $400 a year to fund programs for the poor and close to $5000 a year bailing out big business. Essentially, if Vegas taxed me very very little wou
D be going towards helping the poor like you mentioned while a great deal of it would be going to paying off Trumps four failed businesses. But if I win I promise to donate to my favorite charity... The Southern Poverty Law Fund like I have been for the last 2 decades. They sue racist organizations and bankrupt them. Sound good?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why name players who are not options. Fried constantly demanded Dallas should replace Romo with players under contract, we all considered him a blowhard idiot. Give legit replacements or STFU.

Why do I have to give legit replacements? That has nothing to do with the point I'm illustrating. It was to get you to think about an offense with a game breaker not to give Jerry Jones instructions.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I think billion dollar businesses who are tax exempt or write off absolutely ridiculous deductions are the ones who should be getting heavily taxed. The average person making $50,000 a year pays $400 a year to fund programs for the poor and close to $5000 a year bailing out big business. Essentially, if Vegas taxed me very very little wou
D be going towards helping the poor like you mentioned while a great deal of it would be going to paying off Trumps four failed businesses. But if I win I promise to donate to my favorite charity... The Southern Poverty Law Fund like I have been for the last 2 decades. They sue racist organizations and bankrupt them. Sound good?
So only the rich should have to help the poor? So pleasant nice of you wanting to help the world with other people's money.