• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on.
The effort was there today, but same story as always with him.
Too beat the Cavs, you can’t let them kill you with 3’s.
Outside of James, that was the Pacers focus, it will be the Raptors focus.
You live with whatever Tristan does.
His minutes played in the series up until today says it all.
No real faith in him at all, but it was his turn because they try a different lineup every game.

I’ll take the Raptors next series if you care to wager.
if DJ does not take the bet (and i would expect him not too since he has no marbles, like Rodney Hood) you most certainly can

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ,

ill bet you all my vash the CAvs win the series

bet?

you just said Toronto may sweep them...put your money where your mouth is....i know you wont- because you are too scared to bet against LeBron-- but just putting it out there

I have about 11k in v-cash

you ONLY have to put up 8k

if the Cavs win the series I win, if Raptors win the series you win

@Mecca witness

deal @DJ ?

I'll bet you on the series but I don't bet that much.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if DJ does not take the bet (and i would expect him not too since he has no marbles, like Rodney Hood) you most certainly can

So possible vcash bet and or avatar?

Lets decide after he decides.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like he decided.
How about 2500 plus 14 day avi bet on series?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck! I thought we might not have to see James' whiny mug for another year.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he’s a bad fit with Harden?

We can accomplish our goals without him. He needs to go to a young team where he can be a "coach" on the floor. That is what he is good at. We don't need that.

We are 10 deep right now. With 10 quality players...If he was to come to Houston we would probably be 5 or 6 deep based on what we'd have to give up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has a tough choice.
Houston or Philly?

Why would Houston go for him? The way they look right now they could represent the West in the Finals, and has a good chance at winning it all.

Why would they move pieces and screw up what they currently have?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Philly is too young and he ain’t going to the West. His best option is probably to attract some more star power to Cleveland
I don't think stars will be flocking to Cleveland. I don't know Love's situation, but wouldn't be surprised to see him wanting out. LeBron's buddy Wade is considering retirement, just not sure what "stars" are wanting to go and deal with it. Sure you may, may win a ring, but really you aren't winning a ring in Cleveland until the Warriors break up. The stars LeBron needs in Cleveland are already at various other teams in the East. Where he can just plop himself in and instantly turn them into title contenders.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Houston go for him? The way they look right now they could represent the West in the Finals, and has a good chance at winning it all.

Why would they move pieces and screw up what they currently have?

I didn't do the math.
What pieces are we moving to get him?

I guess discussion shouldn't really occur until after the Warriors series.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet you on the series but I don't bet that much.

It's not like you earned the money you have... You were given $14,000 for just showing up and accepting it... :nod::nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't do the math.
What pieces are we moving to get him?

I guess discussion shouldn't really occur until after the Warriors series.

They'd have to either not re-sign CP3 or get him to do a cheaper deal. Same with Ariza.

Then probably try to find someone willing to take Ryan Andersons contract.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to either not re-sign CP3 or get him to do a cheaper deal. Same with Ariza.

Then probably try to find someone willing to take Ryan Andersons contract.
Hmm lose an old CP3, Ariza and Anderson for LeBron James. Not sure many teams would hesitate to make such a deal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lot of sacrifice would still be required. Paul, Mbah a Moute, and Ariza will all be unrestricted free agents, while Capela is up for an extension on his rookie contract. Neither LeBron nor Paul could sign maximum contracts if they wanted to team up on the Rockets. LeBron lives in Los Angeles in the offseason, and he would have more off-the-court opportunities if he were there full time. Houston also wouldn’t give him the same power within the franchise as he has in Cleveland. He essentially turned the Cavs into a subsidiary of Klutch Sports, the agency founded by James’s longtime friend Rich Paul, which represents several of their players. Making the Rockets scenario a reality would require a new level of sacrifice from LeBron. The precedent has been set. Curry was wildly underpaid when Durant signed with the Warriors, and Durant left money on the table when he re-signed this offseason.

There are plenty of logistics for Morey to sort out, but everyone involved will have the motivation to make it work. For as well as Cleveland and Houston have been playing recently, both would still be huge underdogs in a seven-game series against Golden State. The Warriors just keep getting better. Their league-leading net rating has increased in each of the past four seasons. They rolled through last year’s playoffs with a 16–1 record, and this year’s version features a completely comfortable Durant and a deeper, more versatile bench. The Cavs don’t have the defensive personnel to guard them, while the Rockets rely on two traditional big men (Anderson and Capela) who will struggle to stay on the floor against their small-ball lineups. Golden State is already one of the greatest teams of all time, and it will take an overwhelming amount of talent to prevent them from winning the next few championships."

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm lose an old CP3, Ariza and Anderson for LeBron James. Not sure many teams would hesitate to make such a deal.

If you gave all that up to get Lebron... Well it wouldn't be a superteam of all superteams...

That would be 2 on 7 when you face the Warriors vs 1 on 7 now... So I guess that would be better for Lebron... But not Houston.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 'old CP3 and Ariza' got Houston the best record in the league and a very good chance at winning a championship.

You expect their front office to say "Thanks for the title, now fuck off!"?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 'old CP3 and Ariza' got Houston the best record in the league and a very good chance at winning a championship.

You expect their front office to say "Thanks for the title, now fuck off!"?
They aren't going to beat the Warriors. You don't think after this year, they don't get rid of those guys to get LeBron James...?

If LeBron wants to go to a team, that team will make room for him no matter the pieces that need to be moved. The exception here is the Warriors.