• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Flyers vs #6 Devils

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides can agree one 1 thing...... There needs to be better officiating

I've viewed games from every series in both conferences in the 1st round.The officiating has been atrocious in every one of them.

Bullshit interference calls,no called hooking,no called iciing, no called offsides,
and my favorite-Orpik rides his fucking stick up along the chest,cranks Coots head back,then crosschecks him down,and no call.

There have been so many non-called crosschecks by d-men ,and hits from behind the play that have gone unnoticed,that have turned some good games into jokes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather let everything go than have everything called. That said, just be consistent with how you're calling the game. That's what bugged me about our game 7. Ticky tack calls in the first, anything goes in the 2nd, back to tick tack calls in the 3rd. It ruins the flow of the game. You have to let the players know how the game is going to be played and let them adjust accordingly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also doing the usual shit like calling goalie interference when the players were pushed in and calling hooking on players that are having their sticks held. Also, diving or matching penalties should be called a lot more often than it is. Instead, the refs are letting the embellishments determine what calls they make.

Sometimes that dual referee system just doesn't work. The nearby ref won't make the call and the one halfway down the ice makes it despite not being able to see what actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Flyers fan is actually closer to Atlantic City than Philly, but it's the south Jersey thing........which is why I hate South Jersey more than I hate Philly.

My hatred of North Jersey is equal to that of NYC. :evil: Just kidding, NYC is at least a cool place to visit.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at me I'm a hillbilly that lives on a farm. I have a season pass to 6 flags and I'm only a half hour from AC and the beach, go 76ers. That's my impression of somebody from South Jersey.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've viewed games from every series in both conferences in the 1st round.The officiating has been atrocious in every one of them.

Bullshit interference calls,no called hooking,no called iciing, no called offsides,
and my favorite-Orpik rides his fucking stick up along the chest,cranks Coots head back,then crosschecks him down,and no call.

There have been so many non-called crosschecks by d-men ,and hits from behind the play that have gone unnoticed,that have turned some good games into jokes.

Hopefully the officials stay the Fuck out of this seroes and let both teams play hockey .I've always viewed the devils flyers physical games as some of my favorites

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at me I'm a hillbilly that lives on a farm. I have a season pass to 6 flags and I'm only a half hour from AC and the beach, go 76ers. That's my impression of somebody from South Jersey.

lol Yeah, but South Jersey is pretty diverse...just like North Jersey. For example, Cherry Hill is very different from a place like Vineland. Same thing in North Jersey...Phillipsburg is totally different than Hoboken.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've seen, South Jersey has the best houses

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have inside information that the first team to win four games will win this series. I think it's reliable. :)

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Flyers!

I like the way that Schenn & Couturier have played this season. They could become my default Eastern team...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be some shit if the Flyers win and face the Rags in the ECF.

Penguins > Devils > Rags... Pretty much the entire Atlantic Division.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the kings logo jeff? you know you wanna root for the flyers the rest of the way.. cmaaaaaaahn :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday wil take forever to get here. Havent been to a Flyers game in quite a while. Last Sunday was an eternity ago.

Yes, I am using this joke AGAIN

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the kings logo jeff? you know you wanna root for the flyers the rest of the way.. cmaaaaaaahn :)

lol, i'm pulling for a Kings/Flyers final. I'm rooting for Quick.