• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-1 after Saturday????

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what you thinking?
I think the break came at a good time, I think offense comes out and plays a lot better,( that or Wiz fires the OC) defense was looking really good going into the break,

I say they knock off Cal by 17...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense had better play a lot better after a bye week and facing Cals defense, in spite of Smith.

Cals offense looks great, but theyve put up these numbers against the 119th, 110th, 85th ans 51st ranked passing Ds. Promising? Maybe not being as UW ranks 105th in passing D...

The difference is, UW can generate a legit pass rush all game and our D forces turnovers. They are 2nd in turnover margin and 6th in sacks nationally. I feel they are playing better, even in the secondary. They better be...

Don't ignore Cals run game. Contrary to popular belief, they do run the ball. At home they are putting up close to 200 yds a game on the ground and their backs are averaging almost 5 yards a carry.

We need a complete game from our defense. We have to put Goffs dick in the dirt every quarter and we absolutely have to win the turnover battle by 2+ imo.

I think we do.

UW 45
Cal 31

GO DAWGS!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They are really big upfront, their offensive linemen are huge. It will be a different challenge but a big challenge for us."

"They are a little bit more traditional offense than the last two weeks, Washington is going to establish a run game." -@CALCoachDykes

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about this game is that it's finally a game where we truly find out where both teams stand for 2014.

UW is breaking in an entirely new coaching staff and it was hard to truly judge the team during OOC as they were agressively implementing their own schemes and doing a lot of obvious testing. The Miles situation only complicated the matters.

Then we have to open PAC against Stanford. Not the best way you want to kick off PAC play.

As for Cal, hats off to Dykes making obvious progress from season 1 to 2. They couldn't of asked for a better start. Sitting with 4 wins, they actually stand a chance at being bowl eligible this year. What an accomplishment.

But that being said, they're about to face the guts of the PAC. Let's see what their O can do against a front 7 like UWs and how their D will handle a team that balances run and pass.

We learn a lot about both teams this Sat. Looking forward to this one.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about this game is that it's finally a game where we truly find out where both teams stand for 2014.

UW is breaking in an entirely new coaching staff and it was hard to truly judge the team during OOC as they were agressively implementing their own schemes and doing a lot of obvious testing. The Miles situation only complicated the matters.

Then we have to open PAC against Stanford. Not the best way you want to kick off PAC play.

As for Cal, hats off to Dykes making obvious progress from season 1 to 2. They couldn't of asked for a better start. Sitting with 4 wins, they actually stand a chance at being bowl eligible this year. What an accomplishment.

But that being said, they're about to face the guts of the PAC. Let's see what their O can do against a front 7 like UWs and how their D will handle a team that balances run and pass.

I agree, I believe we saw some "playing" or "tweaking" with this team to begin the season. I don't think you can really get your stamp on a program until you have a couple years in, I think they tested Sark's guys to see just how hard there willing to go at this....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. I'm having a hard time right now telling if my cup is still half full. This game will resolve that, one way or the other. That old pessimism is creeping back in the last week or so...

Interesting notes on this matchup. UW/Cal used to be quite the rivalry. The first time Bow Down to Washington was used was vs Cal, a game we lost 42-0.

Cal also has a different, older version of their fight song especially for UW. Or so I'm told. So keep your ears open for that one in the game if you got P12N.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@A_Jude: Good new for UW's secondary: Standout corner Marcus Peters will start vs. Cal and safety Kevin King (ill) should, too, per Chris Petersen.

RT Ben Riva has been practicing this week and will be game time decision.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no logical analysis of this damn team. So inconsistent....

1st game - offense and defense suck
2nd game - offense is great, defense sucks
3rd game - offense and defense is great
4th game - defense is great, offense sucks

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffFaraudo: Cal running back Khalfani Muhammad comes off the practice field with his left thumb in a cast. Doesn't look good for Saturday.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BziXbdtCEAEp1Zi.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things here:
I hear a lot of dawg fans (social media, radio, ect) saying it's a new coaching staff blah blah, well Sark is new at SC too and they aren't struggling the same as we are. Their only issues are sanction related depth. You can come in and win, or at least be a lot more consistent than this team has been.

As for Smith, didn't Petersen's comments after last game basically agree that Smith is out of his league? When your head coach says the coaching staff needs to go back to the drawing board and do a better job of designing plays to help their QB what he means is we failed to do that this game.

I expect more read zone and other plays with the QB in motion to use his athleticism more. If they only throw to ross twice in this game I'm personally going to drive down to the UW offices and paint THROW TO YOUR FUCKING PLAY MAKERS, IDIOTS in giant letters across it. I fully expect for that to not be needed.

My player to watch is Budda. I've been watching him fairly closely and he has had some moments of looking lost, but also shown why he's starting and I think after making it through his first conference game last week and having two weeks to work on this game that he is due to have a major step forward. Yes, there were 4 or 5 plays last game where the coverage was so out of position that Hogan was able to hit a completely wide-open receiver, but they also did a lot better in coverage the rest of the game and didn't just let him go off on them.

I'm expecting that defense to have a solid game. I'm also expecting a better offensive game given Cal is bad on defense and the team has had two weeks, but I'm still a bit nervous about that unit and Smith's calling ability (or lack there of).

Petersen has never lost a game after a bye week. Let's not see that streak end this week.

:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Huskies on the road. The defense held in-check an offense that had been scoring points in bunches by forcing turnovers and the offense took advantage of those turnovers by putting points on the board. That's what you like to see. Obviously Oregon is gonna be a huge test next week, but they're not invincible and the Dawgs should be going into the game with confidence.