• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's life in Colorado these days @Chris p Bacon? I'm not sure if I talked to you since my cross country trip over the summer? We just came up short of Colorado which really bummed me out. I would love to sightsee Colorado. I hear it's amazing. That being said, South Dakota and Wyoming may be my favorite places. I was just blown away by the scenery and mother nature. Hard to believe how the US is very different from place to place landscape wise. The wildlife was very cool, especially in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. The Badlands SD was amazing as hell too.

It's good thanks for asking, Yea Colorado is just an extension of the awesomeness of Wyoming lots of stuff to see and do.I'm glad you had an awesome trip though(jealous) you should definitely get to Colorado if you like the outdoor stuff. Having a brand new baby is putting any travel plans for me on hold for awhile.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good thanks for asking, Yea Colorado is just an extension of the awesomeness of Wyoming lots of stuff to see and do.I'm glad you had an awesome trip though(jealous) you should definitely get to Colorado if you like the outdoor stuff. Having a brand new baby is putting any travel plans for me on hold for awhile.
Congrats buddy. That's great news. I can't believe my son is going to turn 11 in a couple of weeks. I remember him being tiny back in the day when a bunch of us chatted on the ESPN and here back in the day. The years are flying. We are getting old. lol.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no kidding. Either would be great. Do you agree @Maverick426h ? He needs to grow in his frame a bit and bulk up in the gym. His game kind of resembles Pronger's a bit.

Yes and I am sure that he will too. Either way, it will be incredible to have a guy back there that strikes fear into the opponent with his size, physicality and probably even just his wingspan or reach.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and I am sure that he will too. Either way, it will be incredible to have a guy back there that strikes fear into the opponent with his size, physicality and probably even just his wingspan or reach.

And this is exactly what I mean, much like Pronger was feared. We need that guy badly. He will strike fear in opponents from even thinking about camping in front of our net.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats buddy. That's great news. I can't believe my son is going to turn 11 in a couple of weeks. I remember him being tiny back in the day when a bunch of us chatted on the ESPN and here back in the day. The years are flying. We are getting old. lol.

Yep, I thought I was getting ready for a little retirement with my other 2 being in High school, Hard to believe one graduates next year. I hope things go a little slower with this one though, get to be home more too.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I thought I was getting ready for a little retirement with my other 2 being in High school, Hard to believe one graduates next year. I hope things go a little slower with this one though, get to be home more too.
That's awesome:suds:. Have a Coors on the house.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high as you guys are on Morin. I think defensively he'll be solid, good reach, physical presence, but Chara and Pronger are Hall of Famers. If Morin makes an All Star game I'll be impressed. Not to say he shouldn't be out there this season, I absolutely think he should, but to me his ceiling is a defensive 2nd pair guy.

Based on this preseason, i'd rank them
1. Hagg - Hasn't done anything incredibly well, but I also don't think I've seen a mistake out of him. He's played very well as the Robin to the Ghost or Provorov Batman. That says a lot to me.
2. Sanheim - Started pretty poorly, but he's been fantastic the past few games. In a veteran filled Flyers side he was the best, or maybe 2nd best (TK) player on the ice for the Flyers.
3. Morin - He's been good defensively. Love the physical side he brings. But he's been fairly shaky moving the puck IMO.

I'm convinced all 3 should be in the lineup on opening night though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high as you guys are on Morin. I think defensively he'll be solid, good reach, physical presence, but Chara and Pronger are Hall of Famers. If Morin makes an All Star game I'll be impressed. Not to say he shouldn't be out there this season, I absolutely think he should, but to me his ceiling is a defensive 2nd pair guy.

Based on this preseason, i'd rank them
1. Hagg - Hasn't done anything incredibly well, but I also don't think I've seen a mistake out of him. He's played very well as the Robin to the Ghost or Provorov Batman. That says a lot to me.
2. Sanheim - Started pretty poorly, but he's been fantastic the past few games. In a veteran filled Flyers side he was the best, or maybe 2nd best (TK) player on the ice for the Flyers.
3. Morin - He's been good defensively. Love the physical side he brings. But he's been fairly shaky moving the puck IMO.

I'm convinced all 3 should be in the lineup on opening night though.
He will definitely be 2nd, maybe even third pair on this defense we have but on some other teams he could eventually grow into a number 1 pair guy. I was comparing his style of play to Pronger. Morin may not ever be as good as Pronger/Chara but it will be fun hoping he will develop into a player that good.
Side note: When Chara came up with the Islanders he was terrible,way worse that Morin is now.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought they looked good last night. All around really. Excited for TK's season this year, he's had a good preseason.

2nd PP unit really coming along as well. Patrick to Couturier or Konecny on the wing, then to the other in front of the net, seems like a real nice planned play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought they looked good last night. All around really. Excited for TK's season this year, he's had a good preseason.

2nd PP unit really coming along as well. Patrick to Couturier or Konecny on the wing, then to the other in front of the net, seems like a real nice planned play.
I didn't see the 1st unit last night but why in the world was Weiss playing for the 1 unit against the Rags.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the 1st unit last night but why in the world was Weiss playing for the 1 unit against the Rags.

Because Simmonds wasn't dressed and Weise is no substitute for Simmonds either...Lol