• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Flyers fans are so salty.

Well, we traditionally expect to be a playoff team every single year, so to be out of it this often is definitely frustrating.

Lasgop will probably agree with me on this one...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we traditionally expect to be a playoff team every single year, so to be out of it this often is definitely frustrating.

Lasgop will probably agree with me on this one...Lol
I am in total agreement with Mav, we should be a playoff team every year and have a deep run every 4 to 5 years and a cup or more at least every 10 years. i dont think that is to much to ask for.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well friggin' deserved. This has been long overdue imo. Big E owned everybody during his era. I understand that he had some off the ice issues, but he was a one man wrecking machine. I would love to take a few days off and get into Philly for this game.

Definitely. Only Lemieux and Gretzky had more points per game in the 90's than Lindros. Only five players had a better +/- in the decade and one of them was his linemate, Johnny LeClair, who was the guy I idolized. Either way, #88 and #10 were the first two authentic jerseys I ever bought. Still have them, of course.

Edit: Not sure if the numbers I'm looking at are accurate, but you get the idea.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Only Lemieux and Gretzky had more points per game in the 90's than Lindros. Only five players had a better +/- in the decade and one of them was his linemate, Johnny LeClair, who was the guy I idolized. Either way, #88 and #10 were the first two authentic jerseys I ever bought. Still have them, of course.

Edit: Not sure if the numbers I'm looking at are accurate, but you get the idea.
I think the Lindros era and the Tim Kerr era 80s were my two favorite times watching hockey. I was pretty young during the Bobby Clark and Bill Barber times, but towards the end of their playing days is when I really got tuned into Flyers hockey full time. I would say though it's a toss up between the 80s and 90s which Flyers teams I enjoyed watching more? I can make an argument for both. That being said, I have been so bummed out about coming up short of winning the Cup several occasions. Twice in the 80s and the 97 team really hurt.
Anyway, watching Big E was something I will never ever forget and it pains me that we didn't get to see him play an extensive career like many greats. He was so special in so many ways. He presence was felt on the ice and opposing teams feared his size and physical play. He had speed, size, and a super accurate shot. We have not seen a guy like this since and may never will. I also have a Lindros jersey stashed away.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well friggin' deserved. This has been long overdue imo. Big E owned everybody during his era. I understand that he had some off the ice issues, but he was a one man wrecking machine. I would love to take a few days off and get into Philly for this game.
What if he would've never sustained the concussions. Man he would've been up there with the best of them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pair Provorov with anyone other than MacDonald on defense and he is going to dominate. Probably time to give him a slot on the top power play unit exclusively too.

Between Voracek, Filppula, Patrick, Weal, Lindblom, Konecny and others, we need to make a successful second unit as well. Tired of the first unit being our only chance to score on the power play.

Part of improving our power play back up to well over 20% will be putting together a second unit that is competent.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pair Provorov with anyone other than MacDonald on defense and he is going to dominate. Probably time to give him a slot on the top power play unit exclusively too.

Between Voracek, Filppula, Patrick, Weal, Lindblom, Konecny and others, we need to make a successful second unit as well. Tired of the first unit being our only chance to score on the power play.

Part of improving our power play back up to well over 20% will be putting together a second unit that is competent.
The pairing will be determined by the coach as it depends who's on the team. i dont agree he will dominate if he is paired with say a Morin. I also dont agree that he should be on the top PP exclusively unless he takes the place of Jake. If Ghost is not hurt or suspended i want him as option 1 on the 1st line PP.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pairing will be determined by the coach as it depends who's on the team. i dont agree he will dominate if he is paired with say a Morin. I also dont agree that he should be on the top PP exclusively unless he takes the place of Jake. If Ghost is not hurt or suspended i want him as option 1 on the 1st line PP.

Provorov is an absolute stud and it's going to show even more this coming season. Yes, I would drop Voracek and keep Provorov on the top unit. That's why I mentioned Voracek among the guys that could improve the second unit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mess with the top PP too much honestly. It took a bit of a dip this year, but it's consistently been one of the best PP's in the league for a long time. Plug someone new into the Schenn role and rely on the rest of the additions like Weal, Konecny, Lindblom, and Patrick to boost the 2nd unit.

I think you've got a top 5 PP if you go with

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Ghost, Konecny
Patrick, Weal, Lindblom, Provorov, Read/Raffl

Assuming the same order of positions if you want to run them identical.

I love Provorov, but with what the Flyers have and what's coming, I don't think he plays a significant role on the PP long term. Sanheim and Ghost are going to be the point guys IMO. They're just more offensively dynamic than Provorov. And all due respect to Provorov, I'd rather have 4 forwards out there.