• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mess with the top PP too much honestly. It took a bit of a dip this year, but it's consistently been one of the best PP's in the league for a long time. Plug someone new into the Schenn role and rely on the rest of the additions like Weal, Konecny, Lindblom, and Patrick to boost the 2nd unit.

I think you've got a top 5 PP if you go with

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Ghost, Konecny
Patrick, Weal, Lindblom, Provorov, Read/Raffl

Assuming the same order of positions if you want to run them identical.

I love Provorov, but with what the Flyers have and what's coming, I don't think he plays a significant role on the PP long term. Sanheim and Ghost are going to be the point guys IMO. They're just more offensively dynamic than Provorov. And all due respect to Provorov, I'd rather have 4 forwards out there.

I hope we can't go wrong either way.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning I hope that between Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Filppula, Lehtera, Read, Raffl, Weise and perhaps even one of Sanheim/Myers, we can plug one or two into the top unit and completely remake the second unit to improve our power play everywhere.

Maybe just save Couturier for other areas of the ice and plug a more offensive option into his spot. It's time to load up here. We have a ton of depth at the third and fourth line levels now, but also guys that are stepping in and could immediately play on one of the top two lines.

There are so many guys here that we can literally bench a bottom nine guy (or even two) that is not performing and replace him with another that is hungry and ready to go.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning I hope that between Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Filppula, Lehtera, Read, Raffl, Weise and perhaps even one of Sanheim/Myers, we can plug one or two into the top unit and completely remake the second unit to improve our power play everywhere.

Maybe just save Couturier for other areas of the ice and plug a more offensive option into his spot. It's time to load up here. We have a ton of depth at the third and fourth line levels now, but also guys that are stepping in and could immediately play on one of the top two lines.

There are so many guys here that we can literally bench a bottom nine guy (or even two) that is not performing and replace him with another that is hungry and ready to go.
This team could really surprise us this year or it may take them a little longer to gel with the new additions. Either way headed in the right direction as the depth and star power improves.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to hear this huge!!!

Agreed. All of that said, if Patrick is truly at 100% and doesn't even make the team, it will be pretty shocking and disappointing to a lot of people. What more can he really prove at the junior level? It's time for a promotion and he can't go to the Ahl.

I'm curious of course how much he weighs and what sort of shape he's in, but I would assume that he's already about filled into an Nhl body at the age of just turning 19 this month. He should have the size, speed and strength to do what he wants with the big squad. I can't see him not making the team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other half of my post got ripped off because my edit was too late.

Essentially though, it will be very interesting to see where all of our players land come late September and early October due to the extreme amount of competition that we will have going on in training camp at all positions.

I'm mostly talking about the potential rookies like Lindblom, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Myers and the former (or current) castaways like Read, Laughton, Weal, Weise and MacDonald.

Which veterans will remain and who will make the final cut? You have to think rookies will start over veterans if they are close, equal or better. I mean you may just bench a guy like Lehtera or MacDonald in favor of Lindblom or Myers. That's what I'm thinking.

What if Stolarz is a brick wall in camp? Tough decisions coming here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may be a silly question, but why is Lehtera practicing at a Blues practice facility when he is signed with us? I mean, that's not a rival or anything, but it's still a team we play twice a year and compete against. Theoretically it could even be a team we meet in the Cup Finals here within in the next few seasons.

Otherwise, it's nice to hear that he will probably bounce back and be more productive for us.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @awaz , how do your Hokies look this year? I just dropped $1100 on them giving up 4.5 to WVA. Is that a good move? I have VT as my darkhorse winning the ACC this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @awaz , how do your Hokies look this year? I just dropped $1100 on them giving up 4.5 to WVA. Is that a good move? I have VT as my darkhorse winning the ACC this season.

wow. throw some of that cash my way! especially since it ended up being a good move :)

I was impressed with Jackson last night. Heck of a first start for a freshman. Defense should be good, as usual. Offense I thought looked pretty good. They're a little thin, basically one receiver, but we'll see how it goes!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of that said, I can fairly easily pick 12 players that could start ahead of him. Going to be difficult for him to make it. Salary should not factor into this at all. I want our best players starting every night if they are healthy.

He's versatile, responsible defensively, can chip in the occasional goal and has chemistry with Couturier. That's about all he has going for him though. He's 31 already, undersized and slow for that size too.

Looks like he's coming prepared to play, but I doubt he beats out Patrick, Lindblom, Lehtera, Weal, Konecny or even Raffl. That leaves him fighting with guys like Weise and Vecchione for one spot.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say he has a 90% chance of making the team. He's probably already better than all of our bottom six, which speaks more to his abilities than a lack of theirs. It just seems like everyone agrees he's likely a second line center now with top line potential later on. The kid is only just turning 19, so I'll give him a minute or two to be centering our top unit. G isn't quite done with that yet either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that said, I can fairly easily pick 12 players that could start ahead of him. Going to be difficult for him to make it. Salary should not factor into this at all. I want our best players starting every night if they are healthy.

He's versatile, responsible defensively, can chip in the occasional goal and has chemistry with Couturier. That's about all he has going for him though. He's 31 already, undersized and slow for that size too.

Looks like he's coming prepared to play, but I doubt he beats out Patrick, Lindblom, Lehtera, Weal, Konecny or even Raffl. That leaves him fighting with guys like Weise and Vecchione for one spot.
I agree 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he has a 90% chance of making the team. He's probably already better than all of our bottom six, which speaks more to his abilities than a lack of theirs. It just seems like everyone agrees he's likely a second line center now with top line potential later on. The kid is only just turning 19, so I'll give him a minute or two to be centering our top unit. G isn't quite done with that yet either.
He better make this team because if like everyone says we dont have a shot at winning the cup fans need something to watch and hang their hats on for next season.