• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like there won't be another 48 point spread between the top and bottom of our division this coming season. The Flyers, Canes, Devils and Isles have all improved. I think that is fairly clear. The Caps and Jackets both lost 2 of their top 6 scorers. The Rags lost Stepan, while Lundqvist and Nash are really starting to show their age. The Pens lost several veterans (Bonino, Cullen, Daley, Kunitz), but will mostly be able to reload from within.

Some of these teams have also added a player or two like Panarin, Desharnais and Shattenkirk, but I don't know if it's enough to say it outweighs what they lost and therefore they have improved.
Lets just hope we can get off to a rare good start and we are in the mix from the beginning so we can get our young guns some playoff experience.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers is almost like our Ace in the hole on defense at this point because he has the size, shoots right and can pretty much do it all. He should have a huge impact on either the Flyers or the Phantoms this season. Possibly both.

This is the guy that maybe makes Sanheim or Hagg expendable when the time comes.
If all the kids are good enough to make the team this season we should just bring them all in together and let them grow together. Only if they are good enough, if they aren't i dont want any confidences being shattered and they never get over it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the kids are good enough to make the team this season we should just bring them all in together and let them grow together. Only if they are good enough, if they aren't i dont want any confidences being shattered and they never get over it.

I tend to agree. Toronto had half the experience that even we would have this coming season (assuming we dress four rookies) and even they played 6 more games than we did last season.

Get these guys onto the roster as soon as they are ready and coach them into the playoffs. These are the players that Hakstol is supposed to be money with. No real excuses here if these kids don't soon have success.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nhl really is turning into a young man's game anyway, that's why nobody wants Jagr right now. Sure, he can still put up some puts and he obviously has the skill/experience, but he loses steam late in the season, when it matters most.

If we have our sights set on the playoffs and beyond, then Jagr probably isn't the best option. I wouldn't want him taking ice away from any of our rookies anyway, which is probably what would end up happening, regardless of how we regulated his ice time.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he has kept the course. Next year Filppula and Read come off the books as well as Umberger's $1.5 buyout. Some RFA's but no one that should break the bank.
Replacing those players with players that can play well at the NHL level is the trick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So finally had my little girl on Aug 22nd. Wife ended up doing a C-section, not a fun ordeal. All is well and Baby is home as of yesterday and healthy, Have to admit I am on cloud 9, great experience.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So finally had my little girl on Aug 22nd. Wife ended up doing a C-section, not a fun ordeal. All is well and Baby is home as of yesterday and healthy, Have to admit I am on cloud 9, great experience.
Dude that is awesome! Congratulations to you and your wife and i'm a Leo so your daughter is welcome to the family.:suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude that is awesome! Congratulations to you and your wife and i'm a Leo so your daughter is welcome to the family.:suds:
Thank you very much. My Mom was a Leo too, We were kind of hoping she'd hit my moms B-day but it was close so I know she tried. At least I should have a little more posting time lol