• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't do that, it would be essentially bringing back Schenn because the PP was the only place Hartnell was successful IMO. He had a couple of decent seasons but he wasn't that great otherwise.

I see you're not down on Hartnell-or is it Hartnell Down

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Edmonton wanted to get him signed for as long as possible (8 years is the max in the CBA) to lock up the best (or close to it) player in hockey.

The other option would be a bridge type contract, sign him i think it's 2 years, to the last year where he'd be RFA at the end. If the cap goes up ~3 mil per season, as it has been, and he keeps improving, he might ask for the max. Which would be 16 mil / year.

I think this deal makes sense for Edmonton.
I guess if you figure that they'd pay even more down the road maybe you can rationalize it somewhat but they are going way over Kane and Toews. Maybe so much that they won't have any depth especially since Drasaitl needs a deal too. Crazy stuff.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we had a team built to do some damage this season while our young stars came along nicely im hugely disappointed that another year is going by while being on the fringe or the 8th seed .. Clean house if we are giving up another season or three.
A fringe 8 seed just made it to the cup why can't the Flyers progress quicker than what some are saying? You never know just need a few youngsters to turn the corner which is not impossible by any means. I'm a realist but this isn't titanic either...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised at Weal.. 2 years 1.75. That's shorter and less money than i expected. We'll take it!

Word is Elliot for 3 years at 2.75 also. That's a perfectly fine contract. Still say it's a step back in net, but shouldn't be a total killer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we had a team built to do some damage this season while our young stars came along nicely im hugely disappointed that another year is going by while being on the fringe or the 8th seed .. Clean house if we are giving up another season or three.

Clean house? If we were to trade away G, Voracek and Simmonds, we would be one of the worst teams in the Nhl for a lot more than just three seasons. That and there would be a serious culture of losing instilled on the young players.

At least we're a very competitive team throughout this rebuild. A bounce or two here and there going the other way and we make the playoffs last season. It really was that close.

A lot of bad luck came our way, but that's probably what we get for starting Mac on the top pair. It won't happen again.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised at Weal.. 2 years 1.75. That's shorter and less money than i expected. We'll take it!

Word is Elliot for 3 years at 2.75 also. That's a perfectly fine contract. Still say it's a step back in net, but shouldn't be a total killer.

Would be a couple of fabulous deals, in my opinion. $4.5 million total for both when it probably was going to be more than that for just Mase alone.

Like they're saying, the amount of competition we're going to have in training camp at every single position is going to be epic.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would give them about 7 mil space with 11F / 5D / 2G before the youngsters. What cap hell? :)

Assume Lindblom (.925), Laughton (1.25*), Patrick (.925*), Morin (.863), Myers (.678) and you've got a full roster (14F / 7D / 2G) with 2.4 mil in space still. Plenty to bank over the season and make a big play at a rental with the extra 1st round pick they have next season if they wanted to.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I originally had him for a hit of 1.5 so this is a good deal. He can play 1 LW as he did well there last year. Allows Lindblom to get some AHL time and adjust to the NA rinks.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fringe 8 seed just made it to the cup why can't the Flyers progress quicker than what some are saying? You never know just need a few youngsters to turn the corner which is not impossible by any means. I'm a realist but this isn't titanic either...
If we go to the cup this year ill post any Avi you want for the rest of my life.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go to the cup this year ill post any Avi you want for the rest of my life.

It's not at all likely, but there's certainly a chance. Provorov is a monster, Ghost is going to rebound, Gudas is a tough customer and a few of our rookies could be really great.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean house? If we were to trade away G, Voracek and Simmonds, we would be one of the worst teams in the Nhl for a lot more than just three seasons. That and there would be a serious culture of losing instilled on the young players.

At least we're a very competitive team throughout this rebuild. A bounce or two here and there going the other way and we make the playoffs last season. It really was that close.

A lot of bad luck came our way, but that's probably what we get for starting Mac on the top pair. It won't happen again.
So thats my point exactly why get rid of Schenn for a scrub when we could've done some damage in the playoffs THIS year while our young kids are getting better every day.Instead we are back to middle of the pack team maybe making the playoffs for another three years at the very least.