• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This turned out to be a very exciting game. I turned it off at 3-0 Pitt and turned it back on at 3-2 to see Nashville tie it up. If they could've only held on until OT.

It's annoying. But if you go by just the overall play in that game, you might think the Predators will win this series in five games...Lol

The disallowed goal and full two minute 5 on 3 were absolute gifts via the referees.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure you stood proud in that parade. Thank you for your service :thumb::suds:
I'll be in Paris for Veterans Day. I am touring Normandy on Veterans Day which will be an experience. I've been to France before, but not up to places like Dunkirk, Normandy (Omaha Beach are). My 10 yr old son will love the experience at his age. He loves history much like I do. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Btw, I got a cheap flight out of Toronto to Paris $395 round trip per person).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying. But if you go by just the overall play in that game, you might think the Predators will win this series in five games...Lol

The disallowed goal and full two minute 5 on 3 were absolute gifts via the referees.
I think Pitt went 37 plus mins without a shot. That's crazy it's almost 2 periods.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Rinne? Is it me or does he start each series like shit and then suddenly becomes a wall after games 2? He didn't look good at all last night imo. If he can put his A game together, I have no doubt that Nashville will win this in 6 games. Fleury can get rattled and we all know that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Rinne? Is it me or does he start each series like shit and then suddenly becomes a wall after games 2? He didn't look good at all last night imo. If he can put his A game together, I have no doubt that Nashville will win this in 6 games. Fleury can get rattled and we all know that.
In round 1 in the first and 2nd games he shut out the 1 seeded Blackhawks and gave up 3 goals for the series

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the last series? I forgot about the Hawks series.

They won game one on the road in every series except this one and never trailed overall until now. Shocked that it didn't go to OT last night. Either way, it probably should've been a regulation win for Nashville, given how well they did play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least half of that list is laughable. His shooting percentage was 11.7% this season, which is downright nice given his role. His 55.1% faceoff win percentage was stellar. Why in the hell is this dude bringing up shootout percentages? Sean has taken very few of those and probably will never take one again. He's not THAT guy and we can't expect him to be either.

Yes, he's missed some games in the past two seasons, but he played in all 82 the two previous seasons to those. When a player has missed only about 40 games out of close to 500, that's not bad at all...Lol

If you extrapolate his numbers for the last two seasons over 82 games, he'd have over 46 points, which isn't far from where we want him.

I think a plus/minus of +35 overall and +12 this season is pretty solid when taking into account who he plays against and how terrible our numbers were lately as a team.

Bitching about playoff numbers too? What happened to the glory days of us praising him for shutting down Malkin and outscoring him in his first ever series? No more credit for that?

Right now if he plays the whole season and has some regular linemates, I think he could crack 50 points, let alone 40 points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what NateElder91 wrote at the bottom of the comments for that link. He's exactly right and the guy who wrote the article is a complete idiot, in my opinion.

As Stanislav states, Couturier had a 54.5 Corsi this season, which is also strong. His advanced metrics have him performing as an average to above average second line center.

Like they say, Coots has played in the second most games of anyone in his draft year, so crying about injuries or games missed is absurd.

Does this guy not know that we're drafting 2nd overall or traded for Filppula? He even mentions Couturier is a great 3rd line center. Well, that's all he has to be from here on out if everything goes as planned, so what is the issue? Lol

Trading him away right now would be a mistake as we suddenly have the depth we've been looking for.

Maybe if we finally get in the playoffs again, this kid can show us what he's really worth.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least half of that list is laughable. His shooting percentage was 11.7% this season, which is downright nice given his role. His 55.1% faceoff win percentage was stellar. Why in the hell is this dude bringing up shootout percentages? Sean has taken very few of those and probably will never take one again. He's not THAT guy and we can't expect him to be either.

Yes, he's missed some games in the past two seasons, but he played in all 82 the two previous seasons to those. When a player has missed only about 40 games out of close to 500, that's not bad at all...Lol

If you extrapolate his numbers for the last two seasons over 82 games, he'd have over 46 points, which isn't far from where we want him.

I think a plus/minus of +35 overall and +12 this season is pretty solid when taking into account who he plays against and how terrible our numbers were lately as a team.

Bitching about playoff numbers too? What happened to the glory days of us praising him for shutting down Malkin and outscoring him in his first ever series? No more credit for that?

Right now if he plays the whole season and has some regular linemates, I think he could crack 50 points, let alone 40 points.
Its the summer and they need something to write about.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crosby gets his helmet knocked off on a clean hit,and is allowed to cross check 3 fucking times with no call?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And changed the whole momentum of the game for a solid 10-12 minutes. Preds were on a roll and good on Lavy for getting them back on track to have a chance.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in Paris for Veterans Day. I am touring Normandy on Veterans Day which will be an experience. I've been to France before, but not up to places like Dunkirk, Normandy (Omaha Beach are). My 10 yr old son will love the experience at his age. He loves history much like I do. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Btw, I got a cheap flight out of Toronto to Paris $395 round trip per person).
Damn you are lucky to see that stuff, I would kill to get out of the country to see historical places, very envious.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier frustrates me because his offensive instincts/skills are not what I had hoped they would be when they drafted him.

He's still a very valuable member of the team though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Oskar Lindholm signed his ELC. North America he he comes.

Lindblom :)

Super pumped for him though. I think he's going to be a big contributor next season.