• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everyone forgotten that Nashville has those two dirt bags James Neal and PK Subban

Still hate James Neal with a passion, but my dislike for Subban has evaporated. He seems fun and donated $10 mil to a children's hospital.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everyone forgotten that Nashville has those two dirt bags James Neal and PK Subban

But neither is named crosby so.......

raw

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, the cup needs fresh blood.

No doubt. Given how much of an underdog they are and who they are facing, it will be downright easy for all of us to root for Nashville. Their home, Bridgestone Arena, is also one of only three Nhl rinks that I have been to.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a lot of difference in those, to me. I don't see any possibility of MacDonald making the team if we are truly dressing our best players, which we should be after this past season. We would love to see our 2nd overall pick make the team and that seems more likely than not, especially considering the expansion draft. At this point, how would we end up with Mase again? Probably very unlikely.

Imagine Filppula being our 4th line center and on the second power play unit. That's some pretty decent depth there and I like how every scenario shows us with $5-6 million in cap space, which could make us buyers this offseason or at the deadline. The future is looking brighter with each and every passing day.

Really looking forward to another year of Provorov, Ghost, Konecny and a slew of young talent like Lindblom, Morin, Hagg, Vecchione and Myers on the way too.

Damn shame that we have to wait about four months yet.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably want another veteran presence, whether MacDonald, bringing back Streit or signing some one else short term.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably want another veteran presence, whether MacDonald, bringing back Streit or signing some one else short term.

I should've posted the article that showed the increased role of MacDonald and how awful his numbers continued to be. Even worse than ever, in fact.

This was to the point even where Schultz appeared to be a slightly better statistical option than MacDonald and yet we dressed him as a top pairing guy for 73 games. That can't happen again. It's embarrassing.

Schultz only played in 28 games and got far fewer minutes, yet he was actually the better option according to analytics. Either way, Mac was 7th, so bench the guy.

Go ahead and sign a vet, but get rid of MacDonald or bury him in the minors. There's no other way to do this.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windsor Spitfires beat Erie Otters to win Memorial Cup

Windsor held on for a 4-3 win over Erie to claim the franchise's third Memorial Cup title

Very enjoyable weekend!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!! Whether it be the Nhl or God, this game one sure looks to be rigged.

Preds come out on fire and score the first goal, then it's disallowed on an extremely close offside call. Not sure about that one at all, then the Penguins get a full two minute 5 on 3 power play via two weak penalties on the same shift. The Pens score and took off from there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Given how much of an underdog they are and who they are facing, it will be downright easy for all of us to root for Nashville. Their home, Bridgestone Arena, is also one of only three Nhl rinks that I have been to.
Next year we could be the 8th seed advancing to the cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of difference in those, to me. I don't see any possibility of MacDonald making the team if we are truly dressing our best players, which we should be after this past season. We would love to see our 2nd overall pick make the team and that seems more likely than not, especially considering the expansion draft. At this point, how would we end up with Mase again? Probably very unlikely.

Imagine Filppula being our 4th line center and on the second power play unit. That's some pretty decent depth there and I like how every scenario shows us with $5-6 million in cap space, which could make us buyers this offseason or at the deadline. The future is looking brighter with each and every passing day.

Really looking forward to another year of Provorov, Ghost, Konecny and a slew of young talent like Lindblom, Morin, Hagg, Vecchione and Myers on the way too.

Damn shame that we have to wait about four months yet.

Mac played primarily with Prov. How could one be so good and one be so bad?

Cant wait for the next 4 months to go by, sports wise anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!! Whether it be the Nhl or God, this game one sure looks to be rigged.

Preds come out on fire and score the first goal, then it's disallowed on an extremely close offside call. Not sure about that one at all, then the Penguins get a full two minute 5 on 3 power play via two weak penalties on the same shift. The Pens score and took off from there.
This turned out to be a very exciting game. I turned it off at 3-0 Pitt and turned it back on at 3-2 to see Nashville tie it up. If they could've only held on until OT.