• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good game, got to get better on letting the fowards get behind our defense but all in all a great effort. I'll be the first to admit I was down on Roo but he has bounced back and shut me up for good!
That was an awesome comeback!!! I was pissed about the way we played in the 2nd period but a real nice bounceback third. The snipe by Couts woooohoooooo!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up to 4. Getting things going now. Super happy Konecny got one last night. Now I can focus my hopes on Patrick getting one here soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still have Elliot under contract for next season also?

Both of our goalies are under contract for next season, but not the following season. That's the one I'm talking about. The path is clear for one of our prospects to take control of the starting job come the 2019-20 season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of our goalies are under contract for next season, but not the following season. That's the one I'm talking about. The path is clear for one of our prospects to take control of the starting job come the 2019-20 season.
Well truth be told I really hope it's Hart they push into that roll. The sooner the better IMO.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that you never gave up on him and he is back to being a force on offense. Top ten players in the league might be a stretch though. I am happy that he is producing again and the move to wing was genius.

I think a case can be made. If our power play were anywhere near where it should be right now, he would be close to and/or leading the league in points.

As it stands, he is 12th in points overall and 7 of the guys ahead of him have played in more games. Therefore, he is likely to catch and pass several of them. He is tied for 8th in even strength scoring with Tarasenko and Gaudreau. He's shooting 22.8%, which is absurdly high. Only 2 or 3 other elite players are shooting with that kind of pinpoint accuracy. Among the top scorers in the Nhl, he is the absolute best faceoff man at 57.7%. There are better faceoff men, but they are not scoring at or near this pace. The +9 rating and only 8 penalty minutes don't hurt his cause either. Giroux is one of the best forwards going right now, for sure.

I'll say this too. The move to the wing was just an added bonus that paid off. It's not the main reason why he's performing the way he is. He would be dominating at center too, you can just see it in his play.

I think it's very wise in today's Nhl also to have two natural centers on each line with as often as people are tossed out of the circle and just to have things shored up defensively as well.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a case can be made. If our power play were anywhere near where it should be right now, he would be close to and/or leading the league in points.

As it stands, he is 12th in points overall and 7 of the guys ahead of him have played in more games. Therefore, he is likely to catch and pass several of them. He is tied for 8th in even strength scoring with Tarasenko and Gaudreau. He's shooting 22.8%, which is absurdly high. Only 2 or 3 other elite players are shooting with that kind of pinpoint accuracy. Among the top scorers in the Nhl, he is the absolute best faceoff man at 57.7%. There are better faceoff men, but they are not scoring at or near this pace. The +9 rating and only 8 penalty minutes don't hurt his cause either. Giroux is one of the best forwards going right now, for sure.

I'll say this too. The move to the wing was just an added bonus that paid off. It's not the main reason why he's performing the way he is. He would be dominating at center too, you can just see it in his play.
2 things. You are only judging all these players only on offensive merit. To me hockey is a lot more than just offense to being a great player and the second thing is he is now because of playing wing ahead of the play instead of trailing the play which makes him way more effective offensively. Hope he gets 100 points this season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things. You are only judging all these players only on offensive merit. To me hockey is a lot more than just offense to being a great player and the second thing is he is now because of playing wing ahead of the play instead of trailing the play which makes him way more effective offensively. Hope he gets 100 points this season.

It's all fair. I am judging him straight-up against all of the wingers and centers in the Nhl and he stacks up very favorably in many different categories, not just offense.

I hope so too, but I think we need our power play back up in the top five of the Nhl for him to reach 100. His power play scoring is on pace to be about 10 points less than what it was in some previous years and yet he's still on pace for 93. So, get our power play rocking and rolling and then we will see.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all fair. I am judging him straight-up against all of the wingers and centers in the Nhl and he stacks up very favorably in many different categories, not just offense.

I hope so too, but I think we need our power play back up in the top five of the Nhl for him to reach 100. His power play scoring is on pace to be about 10 points less than what it was in some previous years and yet he's still on pace for 93. So, get our power play rocking and rolling and then we will see.
Its pretty easy to know why our PP is not as good as it has been in the past. Joey Mullen fired and Schenn not in front helping Simmer tip pucks block the goalies view and put in rebounds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up to 4. Getting things going now. Super happy Konecny got one last night. Now I can focus my hopes on Patrick getting one here soon.
Is Patrick this bad or is his injury really hindering his process? Im very disappointed so far

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Patrick this bad or is his injury really hindering his process? Im very disappointed so far
It took Ghost at least 1/2 season and G didn't look the same either after the same surgery last year. Add in that he is 19 and in his 1st season. You can see he has talent, he will hopefully start to look better in the 2nd half.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Ghost at least 1/2 season and G didn't look the same either after the same surgery last year. Add in that he is 19 and in his 1st season. You can see he has talent, he will hopefully start to look better in the 2nd half.
Well i hope the same for Sanheim because hes night exactly rookie of the year material.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty easy to know why our PP is not as good as it has been in the past. Joey Mullen fired and Schenn not in front helping Simmer tip pucks block the goalies view and put in rebounds.

The Schenn trade as we've covered, I understand. The Mullen firing still makes no sense to me. The only possibility is that they thought (correctly) they could bring Knoblach into the fold and prep him to be Hak's replacement. But given Hextall's staunch support of Hak, that doesn't seem like it could be the reason?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Patrick, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed as well. I expected more. But, I think expectations were probably a little too high. He only played 33 games in Juniors last season, had significant offseason surgery, suffered a concussion early in the league. For a guy that was used to overpowering kids his age, the injury set backs to his fitness level and the jump from Juniors to NHL built players is probably a very serious adjustment. Moreso that it normally is for other high level prospects.

I'm not overly worried about him yet because of that, but I am a little disappointed.

I think Sanheim should be getting more ice time. Maybe not so much 5 on 5, and certainly not PK, but I think he should be on PP2. All due respect to Provorov, I just think Sanheim is a more deadly weapon offensively. Wouldn't be opposed to 2 D-men on PP2 either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy now, no pickin on the youngsters.
Just pointing out that they had very high expectations coming in and they haven't come close to what i was expecting. I am going to let Patrick have a year since i saw how Gee and Ghost came back from that same injury.With Sanheim the only part of his game that was ever talked about was his offense and i certainly didn't expect him to only have 4 points at this point of the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Patrick, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed as well. I expected more. But, I think expectations were probably a little too high. He only played 33 games in Juniors last season, had significant offseason surgery, suffered a concussion early in the league. For a guy that was used to overpowering kids his age, the injury set backs to his fitness level and the jump from Juniors to NHL built players is probably a very serious adjustment. Moreso that it normally is for other high level prospects.

I'm not overly worried about him yet because of that, but I am a little disappointed.

I think Sanheim should be getting more ice time. Maybe not so much 5 on 5, and certainly not PK, but I think he should be on PP2. All due respect to Provorov, I just think Sanheim is a more deadly weapon offensively. Wouldn't be opposed to 2 D-men on PP2 either.
I like the idea of putting him on the 2nd PP and really like the idea of him and Prov on the point for the second unit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of putting him on the 2nd PP and really like the idea of him and Prov on the point for the second unit.

Two defensemen on the top unit could be an option as well. I say that mostly because we're not exactly lighting the world on fire with four forwards and we've also given up four shorthanded goals already, which is tied for 6th most in the Nhl. This probably isn't going to happen, but any and all tweaks should be looked at if our power play doesn't start improving and we keep giving up shorties.