• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unbelievable horrific luck. I'm still saying young teams are more vulnerable especially on D. Takes time to get it back there. This year looks to be a sacrifice for the future unless they grow up fast. When the whole team helps out back there they do better but it's been spotty especially later in games. They get rookie nervous. Could be the coaches but hard to say for sure they ran Lavy out and where did that get them? He seems to be doing fine these days. Hard to preach patience but thats probably what they need...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back at it tonight, which I am glad for. Why? Because it really blows waiting days between games when we are losing. This is another chance to finally win one.

That said, I would bet on this thing going to OT and maybe even a SO, then of course the eventual loss...Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back at it tonight, which I am glad for. Why? Because it really blows waiting days between games when we are losing. This is another chance to finally win one.

That said, I would bet on this thing going to OT and maybe even a SO, then of course the eventual loss...Lol

Agree on both counts!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, at keast we have a system lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we learned from another gut-punch

From the Article

What could Dave Hakstol possibly even say or do in the locker room after another one of these losses last night? And if he knew what to say or do, why didn’t he say or do it two weeks ago to make sure it didn’t happen three more times in the following week and a half?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, they'll have to fire Hakstol, but this absolutely is not all on him. At some point, our players need to stop being a bunch of pussies and finish a fucking game the right way.
Best post i've seen on here in weeks!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have team leadership you dont blow leads. Same problems year after year three different coaches. What is the common denominator?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like watching if we got to OT. Not so much lately.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we learned from another gut-punch

From the Article

What could Dave Hakstol possibly even say or do in the locker room after another one of these losses last night? And if he knew what to say or do, why didn’t he say or do it two weeks ago to make sure it didn’t happen three more times in the following week and a half?

Seriously, the mental side of this shit has to be absolutely unreal as a player. The entire fucking team should take half a day off and go see a high quality sports psychologist and maybe a motivational speaker. The more they think about this absolute clusterfuck, the worse it is going to get. They need to be able to just go out there and play hockey instead of having the constant, heavy pressure of needing to end that losing streak asap.

There's truly not much Hakstol can say at this point without the players probably thinking he should shut the fuck up. So, bring in some new people to talk to the players, because this is getting absolutely uncanny.

I really don't want to fire Hakstol just 24 games into his 3rd season when he has 2 seasons remaining. That's not the patience Hextall is preaching here.

I still think we're not far off from winning a lot of games. It's just a historic run of bad luck, lack of clutch play (or killer instinct) and just an alarming inability to close out games.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the fucking world happened to this team? No more excuses. What do we do from here is what I would like to know?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how much we're dwelling on the past three weeks, just think how difficult it is for the players not to do the same or even worse. It's not detrimental to the team for us to do it, but it is for all of our players and coaches. We need a heavy infusion of confidence here and this will all turn around soon.

Another opportunity to go out there and play hard for 60 minutes tonight. It wouldn't hurt if we brought more of a physical element to our game either. Just bang bodies. I am tired of playing scared in those clutch moments.

I think we are playing shy hockey because we've taken so many penalties lately and our penalty kill is not getting the job done. Those penalties are burning us repeatedly.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just wonder what's going on in the mind of Hextall? This was his hire of Hakstol and apparently something isn't clicking here. Does he wait until the ASB or just let the season weather out and see where we stand at the end?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this season went from Okay, not bad. To OMFG what is happening? Where things go from here is up to management I guess. As fans we can pick apart every aspect but unfortunately Management has their hands tied with certain situations. There is no Magic wand, sometimes a team wide shake up is good but not sure that's the answer, Me I would start with coaching changes, Maybe change a few assistants, then Hakstol if things don't get any better. Who freakin knows at this point!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just wonder what's going on in the mind of Hextall? This was his hire of Hakstol and apparently something isn't clicking here. Does he wait until the ASB or just let the season weather out and see where we stand at the end?
I hope this isn't the answer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this season went from Okay, not bad. To OMFG what is happening? Where things go from here is up to management I guess. As fans we can pick apart every aspect but unfortunately Management has their hands tied with certain situations. There is no Magic wand, sometimes a team wide shake up is good but not sure that's the answer, Me I would start with coaching changes, Maybe change a few assistants, then Hakstol if things don't get any better. Who freakin knows at this point!!
Lavi Berube Hakstol who's next to jump behind the bench.