• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe in this team, but we appear to have lost a step compared to just one month ago. I seriously doubt missing Gudas and MacDonald has hurt us THAT much. Defense really isn't the problem for us lately, it's our bottom 9 forwards not doing their jobs at both ends, but especially on offense.

These losses are really starting to sting because we're losing to a lot of average teams, and at home too.

Tonight is yet another chance to redeem ourselves, but we really would like to sweep these guys and truly get things going.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys from our 4th line last year are probably having a good laugh knowing as bad offensively as they were these guys are worse and they were our penalty killers.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we've been looking good in spurts, We need a solid 3rd period and we can win this one. Let's go boys! I got Konecny for the game winner!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Morin and Martel! Hopefully they stick around for a few games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the class enclosure off the panic button.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to just push through this right now. That was a heartbreaking loss last night because I felt like we came out in the 3rd period of a very tight game and went for the kill. It didn't happen, but this wasn't another time that we just weren't prepared to play a game or anything like that. I'd like to see better team defense and discipline, but otherwise, we were scoring, getting chances, timely saves and very competitive overall.

Learn a little from this and move on quickly. We are more than capable of getting some revenge in Philly, this time in regulation too.

We all have to love the additions of Morin and Martel, but certainly there were some obvious growing pains in their first game. I would take the physicality, reach and lockdown defense of Morin over a lot of our other options and the same for Martel with his electric speed and very slick touch.

On the OT goal, there's really nothing more Couturier can do. He was guarding Tavares almost flawlessly one on one and it looked to me like Ghost and Voracek just got hypnotized by the show and forgot to cover their men. It's a terrible way to go down, especially so quickly into the extra frame. You can certainly understand why Sean was frustrated afterwards. He fucking did everything he could on that play and then Tavares somehow regathers the puck and makes a miracle pass to a wide open player in front that someone should've covered.

I'm sorry, but Ghost and Voracek have to be more aware of what is going on there. It's only 32 seconds in for God's sake. Nobody is tired yet. That and we had Couturier on JT, which is probably exactly what we wanted.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little shell-shocked here to be honest after witnessing what's happened with this team over the last several weeks. We've lost 6 straight and 11 of 14. I did not see this coming and I do have to wonder how we manage to literally get shut out or do just barely enough to get all of these games to OT or the SO and then promptly lose.

5 shutout losses this season and another 5 losses in either OT or SO. It's absolutely insane.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are highly competitive, but have completely lost any clutch gene we used to have. I mean it is absolutely gone. I think we can get it back, but this is a gloom and doom type feeling right now.

In retrospect, last night was probably a step or two forward, but it's still a fucking loss, and to a division rival.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little shell-shocked here to be honest after witnessing what's happened with this team over the last several weeks. We've lost 6 straight and 11 of 14. I did not see this coming and I do have to wonder how we manage to literally get shut out or do just barely enough to get all of these games to OT or the SO and then promptly lose.

5 shutout losses this season and another 5 losses in either OT or SO. It's absolutely insane.
Yep it's nuts makes no sense. Growing pains. Not saying AMac or Gudas are great but it's hard to win with that much youth at one time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's nuts makes no sense. Growing pains. Not saying AMac or Gudas are great but it's hard to win with that much youth at one time.

I completely get the growing pains, but I don't think we've made near enough young mistakes to be losing THIS often. I would say even that our actual defense hasn't been bad overall, but team defense and goaltending could improve some. Obviously it's the lack of secondary scoring that is killing us now too, but we scored three last night and that should've been enough for a regulation win.

Either way, I think Elliott made the big saves he needed to last night for us to win that game. Our penalty kill can't stop anyone right now, it's embarrassing. That and we're giving the opposition 5 power plays a game, which is too many when we can't stop them at all.

I mean if we were nursing a 4-2 lead late on anyone right now and gave them a few power plays, you bet that sucker would be going to OT and end in a loss. Possibly even a regulation loss....Lol

It's fucking demoralizing to watch.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on our last three games, you might think that Calgary, NYI and Vancouver have the three best power plays in the Nhl. Well, no, they are in fact 10th, 11th and 15th. Yet somehow, they converted on over 46% of their attempts combined against us. The best power play in the Nhl is Tampa at 27.2%...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a joke, but this team is literally allergic to winning right now. Once we get to that spot in the game where we can put a team away for good, we either take a penalty (or two), have a major defensive breakdown, a very unfortunate bounce, or our goalie lets in a soft one.

Someone back me up on this shit. Thank you...Lol

The good news is that one big win in regulation on home ice tomorrow can go an extremely long way toward fixing this and we have what it takes to do that. So, let's end this losing streak. I am tired of this clusterfuck right now.

Then we can use that momentum to beat a Shitsburgh team on Monday that isn't playing very well themselves. Even when we're bad, we own those guys in their building. Fucking get it done!!

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep today is a big game and you are right too many penalties and they are struggling. Again guys like Gudas are decent penalty killers but the load is now on the rookies. It's tough they're learning.